Ramp Rat Voting results second update

They work more than 40 hours a week and spend more time on the road and away from their homes and families.

Please, when I was displaced from my station in 2001, I had to commute to PHL and be away from my family and home (notice I used family before home) and I did it for the $17/hr they jammed down our throats. Don't get me wrong, I CHOSE to commute, but then again so do these guys, but they are well compensated for it. And the kicker, they get paid off of our backs. So please, don't be so fast to defend these guys, and remember, they work for us, not vise versa.

Beautiful TPA shows solidarity ! Way to go!
Any Boston, ewr, lga results? TIm , could you please post them all again I can't find the thread or maybe I just too tired to look.

Let me explain the receipt and dispatch and ancillary tasks as most of you have it wrong.

At US Air, Mechanics did R&D and Utility did lavs, water and cleaning where staffed.

Upon the merger where PI/US had Mechanics they took over the receipt and dispatch from the ramp or vendors. For example in TPA ASI did the pushbacks, not the rampers. It was scope language in the mechanic and related contract, that is why it was given to maintenance to perform.

PI had cleaners at DCA, LGA and GSO, not sure if they were at other places.

Upon the merger US/PI combined the IAM CBAs which both PI/US Maintenance were IAM.

They did hire Utility for cleaning at maintenance stations only, US had combined maintenance only at about 40 stations, then it went down to 33 then 25.

After the strike of 1992, the company wanted concessions and not use mechanics only to do receipt and dispatch, for example in CLT there were three mechanics per two gates.

When we gave concessions in 1992 the IAM would permit a 50/50 ratio of mechanics and utility to perform receipt and dispatch and cut some mechanic jobs but absorbed them into the hangars and shops as it only cut the headcount on the line at the hubs for the most part.

So US flew into about 90 mainline stations and only 33 then 25 had mechanics and utility, so also in 1992 the IAM where maintenance is not staffed let the ramp before R&D and ancillary duties.

That is the history before it was given to the ramp in one of the bankruptcies.

Beautiful TPA shows solidarity ! Way to go!
Any Boston, ewr, lga results? TIm , could you please post them all again I can't find the thread or maybe I just too tired to look.
First off, I believe it was a bad decision for the moderators to merge two entirely different topics and then allow 700 to pollute this thread and also post more fleet service topics as new threads even as I was told only one topic a week. Certainly 700 has a right to his opinion but he has polluted pilot threads, fleet service threads, every thread with his babble about things like who did pushbacks in 1989. Nuff said.

Philly Rocks, EWR was something like 15 No, 1 yes if I remember correctly from my verifications earlier in the thread. LGA was something like around 80 No, 12 or 15 yes. BOS is the only station above 50 employees that is not on the networked system, thus I have no numbers from BOS.

BOS I'm sure was a no vote, last week I talked to them by phone and they were very clear that the contract was going down in flames up there IN A BIG WAY. So I don't think BOS is hiding anything other than a super big No vote.

A few more east side stations reported in also although many of the smaller 19 west stations have chosen not to be a part of the network and have not sent in their vote tallies nor received communications. MSY just reported 15 yes, 1 no.

Systemwide totals indicate a No vote around 80% and we will wait for MCO results today to close this thing out. Without the PHX vote, the contract would have been voted down by over 90%. The IAM didn't have a clue and there is absolutely NO relationship between the IAM and its members, but a mighty relationship between the IAM and your company bosses.

PHX needs work so I would encourage workers across the system to talk to whoever they know in PHX since it appears to me they believe everything that comes out of the sand castle as gospel. Nonetheless, we do have some solid people in PHX that we are working with.

regards,

When we gave concessions in 1992 the IAM would permit a 50/50 ratio of mechanics and utility to perform receipt and dispatch and cut some mechanic jobs but absorbed them into the hangars and shops as it only cut the headcount on the line at the hubs for the most part.

700uw,If I remember correct in 1992,maint payed for a no layoff clause with money give backs to the company,pay freeze for a year.And r&d stayed the same untill the next contract opening.If what your saying is correct we went on strike to give away jobs.I think your date is wrong old friend. :up:

Tim,it will be OK.Ill stop this disc here,sorry.It was relevant to start but has drifted I agree.

Whats the score for all the stations now,who has the breakdown. :up: :up: :up:

My dates are correct.

Well for the moment Ill agree to disagree.Cause I know I did not share a tractor with a utility after the 92 contract.It was later than that.It was this turning point that caused trouble within M&R ranks,and it came later.The remark has always been utility will be screwed next time just watch.Next time was this last time in which makes 92 not correct.It was the bargaining chip to get utility to vote yes on the contract after the 92 one.We only had a countdown,last minute deal came and it passed. ( ut's voted yes and shared the job causing mech's to be displaced )

Now I may be getting amnesia Ive lost so much over the years,my dates may be wrong the the rest is correct.

Ok mech's who remembers this. :up: :up: :up:

In 1992, the CLT hangar had just been open a year and absorbed the mechanics off the line to heavy so no one was laid-off.

We went into a 30 day cooling off period and voted down a CBA and then went on strike in October and was out for five days and ratifed a CBA and returned to work. As we voted on the CBA and the Strike Authorization vote at the same time.

The 30 day cooling off period started in Sept of 92 and the strike began in October of 1992. There was no last minute deal as we did go on strike.

When we came back from the strike, they cut jobs off the line as we gave the 50/50 ratio for reciept and dispatch work.

And we had filed grievances when the company did not adhere to the ratio, utility for widebodies, international and lavs and water were not counted towards the ratio.

The R&D work was part of the concessions in 1992, along with the paycut and wage freeze for one year.

I was a shop steward and a teller in the election and help run the strike committee, I know what I am talking about.

Go read your CBAs, it was not done in 1999 when we got our next CBA which was amendable in 1995 and took over 4 years to negotiate.

Utility took a small hit in the first bankruptcy and took a huge hit in the final offer in the last bankruptcy.

1992-Strike in October of 1992, CBA was amendable in 1989. This was the giveback of R&D with the ratio of mechanics and utility.

1995- Next CBA becomes amendable, voted down one CBA in 1999 and ratified a second one, this was a gain CBA, not concessions.

Then 2002 there were two rounds of concessions, actually the second was not ratified till early 2003, then there was 2004 negotiations for the last chapter 11 and the CBA was abrogated in 2005 and the final offer ratified.

That is the timeline.

700uw,If I remember correct in 1992,maint payed for a no layoff clause with money give backs to the company,pay freeze for a year.And r&d stayed the same untill the next contract opening.If what your saying is correct we went on strike to give away jobs.I think your date is wrong old friend. :up:

Tim,it will be OK.Ill stop this disc here,sorry.It was relevant to start but has drifted I agree.

Whats the score for all the stations now,who has the breakdown. :up: :up: :up:
I'll post and total after the MCO results. The participation was phenomenal and the No tally is somewhere above 70%

[email protected]
regards,

Hey red eye , yes i agree with you , we do need new thinking , but upon closer inspection of your post i noticed that one statement of yours , i highlighted it . i take it that you mean we should form a shadow union or message group . What you and others chose to do is ultimately your business . But a word of caution , never EVER reveal your actual identity on this board or to anyone you don't already personally know face to face . If the company were to actually find out who we were , we can have nothing but a speedy termination to look forward too ,Furthermore if your thinking about starting another group out of the us aviation board it wouldn’t strike me as being all that hard to infiltrate your group and find out just what it is your trying to accomplish . ( I don’t mean me , but a determined nosey person ) well best of luck to you!

Freedom,

Please don't take situations for what they are not.

A manifesto is a public declaration of intentions. Intentions stated are a simple need for change and unity.
Nothing sinister or illegal is implied. Before our merger PHL, PIT, and CLT were all divided. The powers
that be had it easy. They only needed to map out the best stations that would pass their objectives and
tell them one thing. The other stations would be told something different. They pitted one against the
other and it worked.

Example:
One Christmas CLT recieved a dozen 757s full of bags from PHL with no passengers on board. The message
disseminated to CLT was that PHL was trying to sabotage the system and that the great caring workers of CLT
were needed to help poor passengers from the mean workers at PHL. So the dedicated workers toiled for
weeks working extra hours to straighten the mess out. Truth was, the mismanagement of PHL left the workers
with no equiptment to work the aircraft, and not enough personnel to man the gates. This is revealed by
Doug Parker in his town hall meetings.

The unintended product of the BK is that CLT is now a melting pot of workers from out stations PIT and PHL.
These brothers can now contact their friends to verify information and relay answers back to CLT. This is
simply "networking". This a good thing. You can't network without contacts. Tim is offering no more than
a point to start a network from the east coast to the west coast.
Tim is very open in that he tells you who he is and where he is from. His views are candid and people either
like him or hate him. With this people can trust him and contact him, or question his views and not contact him.
No secret society, no shadow union, just a "network".

Anonymity within this forum is good and bad. It allows dissemination of ideas facts and information without
preconceived bias towards the author. If you knew I was from an eastern hub, and you were from an outstation
or the west coast. You could build a mental wall and think that I had ulterior motives and would not recieve
my message for what it was.
I would say that almost everyone who knows me knows I am redeye. I would never say anything that would
place me in the position of being fired. I have openly challenged Doug Parker in filmed town hall meetings,
and I am still here. I have openly criticized Randy Canale in Local Lodge meetings in a constructive manner.
I do not hide behind an avatar to spread messages of hate. A person who does that dilutes the legitimacy
of this forum. A person who does this with security in anonymity is dangerous.
If you want to know me when you see redeye you only need to contact Tim. He has my permission to give you
my number.

I do not know you, but your signature;

Money Money Money
Party like a rock star
Drink hateraide !!! Mmmm mmmm good!!

demonstrates images of selfishness, recklessness and hate. "And I Do Not Know You"

Our group does not have time for this. We need to work for a common cause now!
If we want to picket Corporate and have a large showing with united support, we
do not want to telegraph this in a way that would allow Corporate to have police
checking for permits, etc. , anything to impede us.
When I say we dont want to telegraph our intentions.
It means simply that. Smart strategy!

Carpe diem: Seize The Day

A few more east side stations reported in also although many of the smaller 19 west stations have chosen not to be a part of the network and have not sent in their vote tallies nor received communications. MSY just reported 15 yes, 1 no.

Just wanted to make a correction. MSY voted 16 NO and 4 YES

Another Class II that needs a raise, but voted with their brains, not their wallets.