Rio Flt 800 fumes

Why does the "evidence" need to be presented by someone with nothing to lose? That's real fear.

Reactions: 1 person
Why does the "evidence" need to be presented by someone with nothing to lose? That's real fear.

Simple! Because the flying public needs to know in order to make informed decisions regarding whom they chose to buy a ticket from. I know you're like Parker and have no regard for the Customer.

I for one would like to know that my carrier of choice has a squeaky clean safety record. Harsh odors and smoke do nothing to convince me of that level of safety. I will say this. I'm due to fly on US shortly and if one of these incidents occurs I will be taking the ambulance ride to the ER and contacting a good ambulance chasing lawyer, then maybe we get to the bottom of this.

Now go fetch Doug a beer

One small problem...its fake. As in not really happening? Never underestimate the depravity of some of these eastern "professionals".
Yeah make sure you tell legal thats the company's position - it's fake. Eespecially to the witnesses and the passengers that were removed by ambulance.
Yeah thats our story "it didn't happen" - it's all fake.

Alleged labor action by East pilits has now diverted two widebodies on 2 iINTL flights in just one week.....seems pretty dramatic just to prove a point about Safety issues.

That was fake too.... Oh yeah.... no it wasn't.

With comments like that I am quite content being an "eastern professional" considering the alternative.

Name calling shows you to be immature and calls into question your fitness to fly. Never mind that it violates the TOS.
Pot, kettle, meet Prickly Robert.

Do I really need to pull some of your recent posts to show your hypocrisy?

Looks like I'm changing avatars.

Yeah make sure you tell legal thats the company's position - it's fake. Eespecially to the witnesses and the passengers that were removed by ambulance.
Yeah thats our story "it didn't happen" - it's all fake.

Alleged labor action by East pilits has now diverted two widebodies on 2 iINTL flights in just one week.....seems pretty dramatic just to prove a point about Safety issues.

That was fake too.... Oh yeah.... no it wasn't.

With comments like that I am quite content being an "eastern professional" considering the alternative.
Hey! Don't blame me you guys can't be trusted to tell the truth. If I've learned anything over the last five years it's the knowledge of just how incredibly low you, as a group, are willing to sink. You are a no integrity moral free entity that can never be trusted. I like the part in the rio report that clearly states that ALL 192 pax didn't notice anything yet 4 flt. Attendants had to be rushed to the hospital.

I know Easthole b.s. When I see it. It is an unbelievably common site these days.

Hey! Don't blame me you guys can't be trusted to tell the truth. If I've learned anything over the last five years it's the knowledge of just how incredibly low you, as a group, are willing to sink. You are a no integrity moral free entity that can never be trusted. I like the part in the rio report that clearly states that ALL 192 pax didn't notice anything yet 4 flt. Attendants had to be rushed to the hospital.

I know Easthole b.s. When I see it. It is an unbelievably common site these days.

While I do love your screen name in this case there is no "Res Judicata" as customers have been taken to the ER as well.

Secondly, If this is as you claim a job action then why hasn't US filed suit as it did in the Pilots case?

no Res, this one seems different. It doesn't pass the "Smell" test.

While I do love your screen name in this case there is no "Res Judicata" as customers have been taken to the ER as well.

Secondly, If this is as you claim a job action then why hasn't US filed suit as it did in the Pilots case?

no Res, this one seems different. It doesn't pass the "Smell" test.
Sorry. It was the Spain flt "incident" I was referring to. I couldn't find any INDEPENDENT info regarding Rio.

http://www.intelliguide.com/news/?ID=1528018&eid=4acrnLWVgPM=

I for one would like to know that my carrier of choice has a squeaky clean safety record. Harsh odors and smoke do nothing to convince me of that level of safety. I will say this. I'm due to fly on US shortly and if one of these incidents occurs I will be taking the ambulance ride to the ER and contacting a good ambulance chasing lawyer, then maybe we get to the bottom of this.
Why don't you take out a loan from the bank to buy as many tickets as you can on US and do nothing but fly to various cities waiting for a fume incident? If things are as bad as you wish they were (I'm not sure how trying to encourage passenger to book away from an airline and weaken it's financial position helps the employees, you'll have to explain that one) and you think you'll have a clear case with your lawyer, then it's a helluva investment.

Airplanes are mechanical devices that occasionally have mechanical problems. If you want an unbiased review of problems across all carriers, look at the FAA's Service Difficulty Reports (SDRs) which maintenance techs file. However, when there is no problem (like the A330 Captain Meldown, and probably most of the east Spite/Write-Ups) you likely won't find them.

Otherwise, quit taking the east bait on phantom problems that only seem to occur on one side of the operation and, coincidentally, a side that is having it's own meltdown because it isn't getting its way.

Reactions: 2 people
Stepping back from the pi78ing contest to the original topic,

Does anyone know if US had a ground handling and maintenance contractor in BSB? Is part of the problem in the slow response that US was not prepared for a diversion there? There have been more than one diversion in aviation history that has gone bad really fast because there has not been appropriate ground support when a mechanical arose.... or was the issue even that US flight control/mgmt was not willing to allow the Capt. to say that the flight was cancelled and would have to be unloaded?
I am well aware that Brazil can be a very bureaucratic country but if Brazilian authorities (ANAC - over customer service - similar to the old CAB in the US, Infraero - operator of Brazilian airports, and ATC/ground control) knew that the flight was cancelled it would seem they could have at last brought it to a hardstand and gotten power put on the plane.
I have seen int'l diversions where you were not allowed to deplane to avoid intermingling with scheduled flights that were in customers, but Brazil also has some pretty strict customer service regulations regarding delays and IROPS - much more like Europe's rules than the US' - and I would find it hard to believe that they simply would not allow any help if US was prepared to provide that - lav support, water.
If Brazil did not provide that support and US had contractors that were ready to help, I think US mgmt should be talking to US officials as to how they can file a complaint with Brazil over the incident, knowing full well that US has had it share of problems w/ Brazilian officials in recent months.
If nothing else, Brazil's infamous policy of "reciprocity" in dealing with the US might come to bite them in the backside the next time TAM has a problem on the ground in the US.

Why don't you take out a loan from the bank to buy as many tickets as you can on US and do nothing but fly to various cities waiting for a fume incident? If things are as bad as you wish they were (I'm not sure how trying to encourage passenger to book away from an airline and weaken it's financial position helps the employees, you'll have to explain that one) and you think you'll have a clear case with your lawyer, then it's a helluva investment.

Airplanes are mechanical devices that occasionally have mechanical problems. If you want an unbiased review of problems across all carriers, look at the FAA's Service Difficulty Reports (SDRs) which maintenance techs file. However, when there is no problem (like the A330 Captain Meldown, and probably most of the east Spite/Write-Ups) you likely won't find them.

Otherwise, quit taking the east bait on phantom problems that only seem to occur on one side of the operation and, coincidentally, a side that is having it's own meltdown because it isn't getting its way.

Apparently you're not very astute. Booking away is the ultimate way to show a company you're unhappy with an aspect of their business. Booking away hits a company exactly where they live. In their wallet and with this gang that's all they understand. US Airways Senior Management has a history of MTC challenges and have also been shown to be documented liars.

Exposing the exact number of incidents over the last 2 to 3 years to an outside agency will allow rumors ensure the airframes are safe, procedures are being followed and customers can book with confidence. These are not isolated incidents and they are numerous across all airframes.

If, after investigation these incidents are shown to be fabricated then some flight crews will have some explaining to do. OTOH, If they have merit then US can take corrective action and move forward. This issue was brought to my attention long before AFA was beginning negotiations. The number of incidents is pretty significant and US has NOT sought an injunction as of today which further makes me suspicious as to what is or isn't happening.

When the Management team loses the trust of a significant number of it's employees and elite customers, then one looks at everything with a high degree of skepticism..

Latest posts