Sale of US F-100s

I heard (read?) something about a startup in Huntsville, too. Am I the only one to find this a little strange to have Bronner and RSA with us and a startup in HSV at the same time? Too weird.

INVOL

I recall hearing that RSA holds the leases on the F-100's.
It was on this board a while back..so it would make sense.

From what I understand German Charter Carrier Germania is taking
17 former US F100's. Keep in mind U gets nothing from this, as U
basically abandoned the leases of these aircraft which are at Mohave.
Rumor has it Germania which currently has a fleet of 737's is
undertaking a major expansion of their European Charter network
based on the extremely affordable cost of acquiring these aircraft.

It's not a rumor. Germania officially confirmed last week, what LGA 777 said in his post. All major German newspapers carried the story last week. Good news for US? I doubt it. Germania's CEO said in an interview that the purchase price was so incredibly low that he wouldn't even care, if some of them had to be parked for a while to avoid overcapacity. For the time being, they plan to operate 10 themselves and lease the remaining seven to various East European carriers.

US does not own them, majority of them were leased from Prembroke and the remaining few were owned by the bondholders on them. It does not affect US one way or the other.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/22/2003 10:49:12 PM LGA777 wrote:

From what I understand German Charter Carrier Germania is taking
17 former US F100's. Keep in mind U gets nothing from this, as U
basically abandoned the leases of these aircraft which are at Mohave.
Rumor has it Germania which currently has a fleet of 737's is
undertaking a major expansion of their European Charter network
based on the extremely affordable cost of acquiring these aircraft.
----------------
[/blockquote]
-----------------------------------------------------------

Wait 'til they find out the extremely outrageous costs of maintaining those puppies will offset the acquisition costs!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/22/2003 1:53:32 PM wings396 wrote:
[P]I recall hearing that RSA holds the leases on the F-100's.[BR]It was on this board a while back..so it would make sense.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]i'm starting to wonder if RSA doesn't hold the lease on the planet.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/23/2003 7:44:54 AM diogenes wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/22/2003 10:49:12 PM LGA777 wrote: [BR][BR]From what I understand German Charter Carrier Germania is taking[BR]17 former US F100's. Keep in mind U gets nothing from this, as U[BR]basically abandoned the leases of these aircraft which are at Mohave.[BR]Rumor has it Germania which currently has a fleet of 737's is[BR]undertaking a major expansion of their European Charter network[BR]based on the extremely affordable cost of acquiring these aircraft.[BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR]-----------------------------------------------------------[BR][BR]Wait 'til they find out the extremely outrageous costs of maintaining those puppies will offset the acquisition costs!
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Dio:believe me ,they're in pretty good shape...i was a lead mech on F100 'q' chk...we spent loads of money fixing them up.

Have not heard of any F-100 transactions, but there are 4 737-400's up for sale in the classified section of "Aviation Week and Space Technology."

They all seem to have the similar registration #'s of N xxxUS.