Should The Unions Open Up The Contracts ?

Shoud the unions open up the contracts ?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
uza said:
You're nothing more than a union leader’s sympathizer/apologist and not an employee, your comments will be taken as such now that all know that fact, along with the other facts I presented.
I am not an employee? I was not aware of that last time I flew.

SpinDoc,

Bingo! Eagle Scout to boot.

I am ready for my nice vacation on unemployment and no longer having a 'gun' held to my head every day. Trust me with this. A Mechanic job here stinks. It used to be allot better. Most of the better Mechanics jobs have been done away with and the remaining better ones are leaving fast. It truly is not worth doing the job any longer, let alone for anything less.

Some folks here talk about a Pittsburgh steel mill mentality. Funny how you never here these people mention that PIT is still the most effective maintenance base in the system.

Food for thought. Recently 75 Mechanics in PIT were given pink slips. Only about 3 or 4 even bothered to transfer. The majority chose the street. The ones I saw had smiles on their faces. What has taken place here with all of the lies from Management, the crummy working conditions is you took away everything you could use to threaten with. Now you put a gun to my head and I tell you pull the trigger. I don't care anymore. Just when I leave I am turning out the lights and locking the door behind me. See you on the other side. You can't have it both ways.

pitguy,

A Pittsburgher, born and raised myself and am proud to say it! You can't ask for better people.

Isn't it funny how no matter where you go, if you run into someone from PIT you know right off the bat just by the way most of them treat you. We are good, hard working people and proud of it.

Right on Pitguy and Thanks Youngblood. I am just south, but I feel the same. If tomorrow I got a pink slip, I would take it with a smile on my face and move on. Those of them that are posting to support Dave and tell us We should Think of our Fellow employees, are running scared. We each and everyone can and only think of our individual circumstances in this world today. It is not our responsibiliy to think of any one else other than our families and our own individual houses that we live in. God Bless Us All. :)

youngblood said:
pitguy,

A Pittsburgher, born and raised myself and am proud to say it! You can't ask for better people.

Isn't it funny how no matter where you go, if you run into someone from PIT you know right off the bat just by the way most of them treat you. We are good, hard working people and proud of it.
Youngblood:

I am also from PIT. I worked very hard when I was on the ramp and did everything I could to make my numbers every day. As a result, I climbed out of the operations side of the company and am in a much better position now where I am in charge of my own fate. I negotiated my wages when I changed to a management position and can control whether my salary goes up or down based on my performance, not based on the length of time I have worked here. I chose not to continue to hide behind the union mentality and I still work just as hard as I did when I was on the ramp. I hope they keep PIT as a hub because most of the best people we have in the company are there and the facilities are far better than PHL will ever be.

pitguy said:
1. They don't have lines at the unemployment office any longer. It is done easily over the phone and I can't wait.
You can't wait to be a drain on taxpayers. Lovely. <_< BTW, I've been on unemployment as well. The first few weeks aren't bad, but it gets really disheartening when your options end up little more than asking if people want fries with that.

2. I don't have to sell anything. I have very low debt and monies to cover it. Do you?
(I am good for two years)
And then you start again from zero. Have you thought about what's going to happen at retirement? I sure hope you're not expecting to get a job with a pension...those are gone.

3. I do have the skills and have "NO" doubt I will find a better job at a BETTER company.
I thought that, too. I have a fantastic set of skills, but there are too many of me chasing too few jobs.

5. I currently have worse than average health care so that will improve with my next employer.
Just better hope you don't get sick before you get a next employer.

Look, I'm not trying to tell you your choice is wrong. I just think, based on what you're writing, that you are looking at the outside with rose-colored glasses.

ktflyhome and pitguy,

Please help me understand this. I'm really baffled here. On the one hand you say that getting a pink slip would be a blessing. On the other hand, you keep going to work every day. Nobody is handcuffing you to your job. Why in the world do you talk as if it were your employer's choice as to whether or not you continue to work for US Airways???

mweiss said:
ktflyhome and pitguy,

Please help me understand this. I'm really baffled here. On the one hand you say that getting a pink slip would be a blessing. On the other hand, you keep going to work every day. Nobody is handcuffing you to your job. Why in the world do you talk as if it were your employer's choice as to whether or not you continue to work for US Airways???
This topic asked just about the same question>>> Isn't This An Oxymoron?, Statement by Teddy

Oh no you did NOT just decide to acknowledge me for that post, after ignoring everything else I questioned you about!

:down: :angry: :down:

It would be extremely foolish for an employee to just up and quit their jobs. They must stay put for the time being. You can't collect unemployment if you quit your jobs.

Here's a thought...find another job, so it won't matter if you're eligible for unemployment compensation.

After listening to our so called leader today, I realize this so called managment team has not a clue on how to run an airline(except into the ground). At least its good to know that Mullin is no longer Dr Evil, now its Southwest!

There was a time when I loved my job, and ENJOYED coming to work each day! Now I dread the job. Its funny how when you speak to peope who have left U and moved on talk positive about their company and how its so nice to come to work and hear "good things" for a change and not doom and gloom.

And don't worry I am not going to quit and give Dave the satisfaction!! Pay me the severence that I am entitled to and my unemployment and I will leave. I just read the latest edition of the McCorkle newsletter and he seems to Usair and Dave pegged pretty well.......................

As for the "mismanagment posters" on the board, when you are looking for employment in the near future it will look very good on the old resume that "I once was in managment for USair", the prospective employer will surely know they are getting a real winner!!!!!!! :blink:

SpinDoc said:
PITGuy:

. Congratulations. You are certainly prepared for the doors to close. The only thing you aren't thinking about is this. What about your buddies and co-workers? I sure hope they are prepared too because unemployment doesn't pay nearly as well as what you are paid now.
Since when is it PitGUY's responsability to make sure his coworkers have been managing their lives efficiently and not living well beyond their means. I don't think he's their parents nor are they children. You may be painting a rosey picture for yourself, but you sound SCARED to me. Lets not forget it's his coworkers who continually vote away our pay and benefits. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! :angry: Full pay until the last day! ;)

Latest posts