SJC-NRT cxld

Didn't someone post a while back that AA had relinquished the unused HNL-NRT route authority?

If not, never mind, and even if it did, probably easy enough to reapply and get it again.

It may be possible to fly HNL-NRT with an SFO crew but what a waste of money. Why keep the base open? All that flying can be easily manned by LAx-I, IDF, or even IOR f/a/s. I do not see the point in keeping all the little bases open (DCA, RDU-I, SFO-I, DCA-I, SFO). These could all be satellite bases for the nearest crew bases, (LAX,JFK,LGA, IMA), Why keep all that space, Base planners, supervisors, etc.. when you can consolidate? Even though this potentially hurts me (I live in DC), I don't understand why it hasn't been done.

Well, there is always the possibility that the company would establish a f/a base in HNL or even NRT (foreign nationals possible?). Hey, they could make it a satellite of LAX-I and save on costs! :lol:

They have the right to FN's in european flying nothing in writing to do the same in Asia or over the pacific.

Would work fine with the SFO-I crews doing a 6 day trip. Similar to IMA doing a 6 day MIA-LHR-ORD-LHR-MIA They do it to even out manning for the summer for the two bases.

Dont see them opening up HNL yet again, would make it the most open and closed base in the system. Then again who knows.

When there was talk of the HNL-NRT route, they were taking a very informal poll in IOR to see who would be willing to staff it as a sattelite base. We have more commuters from there than I would have thought. I bet between IDF, IOR, LAX-I and SFO-I they could do atleast one flight a day with people "based" in HNL.

AMFAMAN
Same people who do them now. Isn't every flight to and from Hawaii an ETOPS flight?

F/M
That is the routing they were throwing around before. A 6 day trip.

San Jose - Tokyo was always a wayward child of AA Tokyo operations. Crandall got it in 1991, he also wanted ORD-NRT(that went to UA)(AA started ORD-NRT in 1998), LAX-NRT was another wanted route(Delta got that in 1991 too. AS thing turned out when Delta quit Lax and JFK to Tokyo after 9/11 AA took both and now has an enviable franchise to Japan. Boston to Tokyo would be great as they really need it.

AMFAMAN
Same people who do them now. Isn't every flight to and from Hawaii an ETOPS flight?
Not sure if we are doing ETOPS checks to Hawaii, if we are the return trip would only be an ETOPS 2 - a general walk-around - which can be done per the GPM by a contractor. In the case of HNL-NRT, it would be an ETOPS 1 going west, which according to AA's GPM - unless its been changed, must be done by an AA mechanic.
FYI...all maintenance in the Hawaiian islands are contracted out.

SJC NRT cancelled because it was a poor revenue producing flight. We do not have enough flights domestically into and out of SJC to support SJC NRT. Ua SFO NRT flight is doing very well due to all of their connecting traffic. Local Traffic just is not supporting that flight.

Not sure if we are doing ETOPS checks to Hawaii, if we are the return trip would only be an ETOPS 2 - a general walk-around - which can be done per the GPM by a contractor. In the case of HNL-NRT, it would be an ETOPS 1 going west, which according to AA's GPM - unless its been changed, must be done by an AA mechanic.
FYI...all maintenance in the Hawaiian islands are contracted out.

Actually, depending on how it's routed, if the flight originated from, say LAX, an ETOP's 1 check could be performed in LAX, and once in HNL, if it's continuing on to NRT, an ETOP's 2 check is all thats required in HNL.

Actually, depending on how it's routed, if the flight originated from, say LAX, an ETOP's 1 check could be performed in LAX, and once in HNL, if it's continuing on to NRT, an ETOP's 2 check is all thats required in HNL.
I was looking into this one in the GPM and it really isn't clear as ETOP's 1 pertain to US Mainland only. They do get a ETOP's 1 going to Hawaii no matter what. To have an ETOP's 2's going to NRT and for the return trip to HNL and onto the Mainland just doesn't seem right. In that is the case they will be flying some 32+ hours since the ETOP's 1 was completed.

Didn't someone post a while back that AA had relinquished the unused HNL-NRT route authority?

If not, never mind, and even if it did, probably easy enough to reapply and get it again.

Correct. They forfieted their rights to fly HNL-NRT about three weeks ago.

I understand that the 777 will be used on deep south flying..

We keep hearing JFK-EZE is supposed to go back to 777 this year. That's what the pilots are saying. Then again, they were also telling us they heard JFK-FCO would go 777 too.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.

We keep hearing JFK-EZE is supposed to go back to 777 this year. That's what the pilots are saying. Then again, they were also telling us they heard JFK-FCO would go 777 too.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.
If JFK-FCO is going 777, then surely it can support year-round service.

Latest posts