Some of you may applaud this headling re: Michelle Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of people are going to be singing a certain Wizard of OZ song and it isn't somewhere over the rainbow.

MICHELLE BRYAN TO LEAVE US AIRWAYS
AFTER COMPANY’S EMERGENCE FROM CHAPTER 11

Elizabeth K. Lanier to Succeed Bryan
as Executive Vice President and General Counsel

ARLINGTON, Va., March 3, 2003 – Michelle V. Bryan, US Airways executive vice president-corporate affairs and general counsel, announced her intention to leave shortly after the company’s planned emergence from bankruptcy on March 31, 2003.

During her 20-year tenure with US Airways, Bryan has held a number of executive positions, including vice president and deputy general counsel, corporate secretary, and senior vice president of human resources. She was named to her current position in April 2002 as part of the new management team put in place by David Siegel, US Airways president and chief executive officer. Bryan has spent the past year overseeing the legal and government affairs responsibilities associated with the airline’s successful application for a federal loan guarantee and its restructuring under the U.S. bankruptcy code.

“While Michelle has made a significant contribution in all of the positions she has held over the years, her knowledge and dedication have helped us most especially during this past very critical year,†said Siegel. “The restructuring process places enormous challenges on the legal and corporate affairs teams and her leadership has been an invaluable asset in keeping this process on track and successful. I have valued her counsel and regret, but respect, her decision to leave.â€

Bryan will be succeeded by Elizabeth K. Lanier, who will assume the same role as executive vice president-corporate affairs and general counsel. Lanier comes to US Airways most recently from Trizec Properties, Inc., where she was senior vice president-general counsel. Prior to that, she was vice president-general counsel for General Electric Power Systems (1998-2002), and vice president and chief of staff for Cinergy Corp. (1996-1998). She previously was a partner at the law firm of Frost & Jacobs (now Frost Brown Todd LLC) in Cincinnati, Ohio, and associated with Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York City. She holds a bachelor of arts degree from Smith College and a J.D. degree from the Columbia University School of Law where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.

“Liz has proven herself to be an outstanding corporate lawyer and legal strategist, and she is joining US Airways at an exciting time as we prepare for our emergence from Chapter 11 protection. Our ability to attract Liz to our team is further proof that our restructuring efforts are positioning our airline for long-term success and growth,†said Siegel.

Lanier started with the company today in order to facilitate a smooth transition in anticipation of Bryan’s departure in early April.

-30-

Someone else pulling the cord on the "golden parachute". Any guesses on how much?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 4:29:00 PM AM49AAA wrote:

Alot of people are going to be singing a certain Wizard of OZ song and it isn't somewhere over the rainbow.
----------------
[/blockquote]
hmm I had to think on that one a bit, and I could only come up with DING DONG THE **deleted** ..is that it???

[/blockquote]
I was thinking maybe "If I only had a brain"...
or even "if I only had a heart"...

Looks like she milked this cow dry, time to mooooove on to another one...

She was the very vocal mouthpiece of W & G, always carried their water while blathering on about how great they were, how lucky to have them and simultaneously running labor into the ground. That won't win any prizes with these labor groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.