The PHL 22 - some re-arrested?

Yes, after most charges were dropped the COMPANY went in and had them arrested again. Something to do with the statutes of limitation within a certain time period.

BS!!

One or more of the originals that was held over for trial is singing like a canary, just as I said some of them would do once some serious heat (possible lengthy jail time) finally sunk in. The entire story is out now, the planning, meetings, etc. This is why the D.A.'s office had more re-arrested.

The Statute of Limitations is nowhere near up, and the company had zero say in the matter.

Since when can the company get someone arrested?

The incident did not happen on company property nor did it really involve them.

Its a civil suit with a two year statute of limitations in Pennsyvania.The company can probably still press charges to keep the lawsuit active.Most likely through the posted rules of conduct as a basis.

Yes, after most charges were dropped the COMPANY went in and had them arrested again. ...It is very sad what they did to these men, when they themselves have been arrested and keep their job....It all comes around in full circle, in the end justice for these men will be served.

What, exactly, is sad about what happened to "these men" if they did what they're charged with? Assault and battery is a serious charge that can carry far more jail time than a DUI. And comparing Doug's DUI to an apparent orchestrated gang style attack is like apples and oranges.

You're right, justice will be served. Especially if any of the so-called video footage is introduced in court.

You dont get arrested by the police in a civil suit.

The police arrest you in criminal cases.

My question to D M G who started this thread with a question. Why start something when you state you know the answer.

Those men are innocent, there is no video tape and the company is stalling this because of negotiations.

So, D M G, don't start a thread to start trouble. You asked a question, we tried to answer it and it is OLD NEWS .

My question to D M G who started this thread with a question. Why start something when you state you know the answer.

I posed it as a question to see who else had heard something.

Those men are innocent, there is no video tape and the company is stalling this because of negotiations.

They are presumed innocent, but apparently the D.A's office had enough evidence for a Judge to hold the majority of them over for trial. I have no clue what you're talking about as far as the stalling.

So, D M G, don't start a thread to start trouble. You asked a question, we tried to answer it and it is OLD NEWS .

I'll start any thread I like, and if the Mods see fit to close or move it then that's the way it is. As I said early in this thread, it's a private website.

You didn't try to answer anything. You came in here with some BS about the company having them re-arrested and statute of limitations. You are clearly misinformed.

This isn't old news. Quite a few were back in court just the other day to be held over for trial. I'd say that's very current.

The fact is that those involved want to keep this under a rock as much as possible. Too bad. They should have thought of that before meeting up at Jazz and Java before the "alleged" attacks.

Dog Wonder is correct. This thread is a dud.

Then why do you keep posting in it and bringing it back to the top of the page?

Apparently at least one of those that is not being charged was represented by a public defender, yet at least one of those that is being charged is represented by a very good high priced criminal defense Attorney.

Either you don't always get what you pay for, or the evidence is pretty strong against some, more so than others. Innocent until proven guilty though.

In the Region
10 from machinists union face trial in beating
Ten of the 22 members of the International Association of Machinists union accused in connection with beatings that organizers from a rival union received will stand trial, according to papers filed in the Philadelphia Common Pleas Court. Cases against the rest have been closed. On Feb. 8, 2006, organizers from the Transport Workers Union were beaten at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott. Among those scheduled to be arraigned on June 13 are Anthony Armideo, assistant general chairman of the IAM, and Robert Boland, president of IAM Local Lodge 1776, which represents baggage handlers at Philadelphia International Airport. - Jane M. Von Bergen

In the Region
10 from machinists union face trial in beating
Ten of the 22 members of the International Association of Machinists union accused in connection with beatings that organizers from a rival union received will stand trial, according to papers filed in the Philadelphia Common Pleas Court. Cases against the rest have been closed. On Feb. 8, 2006, organizers from the Transport Workers Union were beaten at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott. Among those scheduled to be arraigned on June 13 are Anthony Armideo, assistant general chairman of the IAM, and Robert Boland, president of IAM Local Lodge 1776, which represents baggage handlers at Philadelphia International Airport. - Jane M. Von Bergen
Hey 700, what happens to Tony and his AGC job if convicted? We hear all kind of scenarios from the sh!thouse lawyers in PHL. Thanks.

I would think he would be removed, but it all depends on the District Bylaws and what they state.

Those men are innocent,
I bet them TWU Reps just fell down and got hurt and lost a eye!! :shock: :lol: :lol: You are so funny :lol: I bet you support car jacking and purse snatching as you do with this chicken sh!t bum rushing..This was a total Embarrassment to the IAM and its Members, At least the ones WITHOUT a Gang Mentality and with some kind of personal principles, standards of right and wrong, You know morals. :shock:IMPO Let the law have them!