South America

I vote for the "Fascinating Corporate Transaction" or "FCT" for short. It's pronounced with an "uh" sound.

I think you're referring to the 'Fascinating, Unique Corporate Transaction.'

CLT is much smaller and PHL doesn't serve enough of the country to be viable. PIT, anyone?
Pit at its peak actually has, or had, a little more originating traffic than CLT does now. Somehow I just don't see either matching the market the city of ATL provides to just about any airline willing to hub it. In today's world of merger surprises, CLT could find itself being the next PIT in terms of downsize. But I know nothing, just specualtion.

Take care WT, Greeter.

LCC is still the smallest-market hub carrier. This is/has/will be it's biggest disadvantage. This is why the hybrid model might actually make sense as the best option. NW is also a carrier with small/medium market-sized hubs.

DL, UA, CO and AA should continue to focus on the super major markets. Like they say: location, location, location. The reason why LCC has taken the path it has by decimating its employee compensation, I believe, is most rooted in the weakness of its hub markets. Poor management, maybe, but you change management, you can't easily change hub locations.

This is also why the notion of simply flipping a switch and becoming WN was not so easy. U's fixed costs and property holdings would have made such a transition very problematic.

It might still not work to transition LCC into an international, hybrid carrier, but I still think it's about as good as its going to get and it convinced money people (including some without any prior vested interest) to pony up.

Operating South America out of CLT or PHL can never be as lucrative as operating South America out of ATL, JFK or MIA.

It is my understanding that Lehman Brothers will host conference call on a Strategic and Financial Update on Delta's Restructuring. The call will be held Friday, September 15, 2006 11:30 AM EDT and will feature Chief Operating Officer Jim Whitehurst and Chief Financial Officer Edward Bastian.

I suspect there will be analyst questions regarding Delta and its potential for M&A activity or a strategic corporate transaction.

Regarding any potential deal with an interested party, we do know that Elise Eberwein and Phil Gee confirmed that Doug Parker has contacted Gerald Grinstein about US Airways' interest in exploring a deal.

This news became public after Pittsburgh Post Gazette Staff Writer Dan Fitzpatrick interviewed Parker at the Allegheny Heritage Plane Dedication and news broke of US Airways' interest in pursuing a deal with a bankrupt carrier. Then shortly thereafter Susan Carey of the WSJ in a weekend online report broke the news that Delta and US Airways CEO’s had discussions about US Airways’ interest in talking about M&A activity, which forced Eberwein and Gee to comment to other news agencies that yes in fact Parker called Grinstein.

What will be interesting is to see if a deal between Delta, US Airways, or another carrier proceeds.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Well well USA320Pilot finally shows up.

Doug Parker did talk to the Delta CEO but it was basically a call to say that if they are considering a merger with anyone that they should not count US out because US is already involved in another merger.

Delta, both CEO and others have commented that there are no plans for a merger.

Contrast this with United whose unions are open to a merger :blink: . Things are different on the other side of the mirror. :huh:

The report of four South American cities, aircraft and crews from Delta to US Airways is now believed to dwarf the information being discussed with different proposals being exchanged between the companies. It appears that US Airways, United and a third unnamed airline may share pieces of Delta...essentially ending the airlines existence. Moreover, there is now significant airline senior executive corporate travel between ATL and PHX.

As discussions continue to unfold it will be interesting to see what transpires and how the Creditor's drive the decisions on Delta's future.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I want to believe, really I do, my family is from South America, but I know better.

BTW the part that really is over the top is the part that United wants a piece of Delta.

United which is much larger than US has earned less profit during the busiest part of the year, which was its first since 2000! :shock:

Even its unions have come out in favor of a merger. That says a lot about how they see the winds blowing. :unsure:

UA CEO is not focused on any expansion. UA is a shell of what it used to be in South America.

It appears that US Airways, United and a third unnamed airline may share pieces of Delta...essentially ending the airlines existence. Moreover, there is now significant airline senior executive corporate travel between ATL and PHX.

This actually doesn't sound THAT far fetched. Isn't that essentially what happened to Pan Am and Eastern (their routes and equipment carved up to various other carriers)? The only difference here is - will some DL jobs be saved at the expense of existing furloughed US employees? Would that even be permitted under the CBA if it's truley a "turnkey" operation being moved from one carrier to another?

I vote for the "Fascinating Corporate Transaction" or "FCT" for short. It's pronounced with an "uh" sound.

With all the hot air being blown by the good captain, I'd say "Fascinating Aircraft and Route Transaction," or FART, is probably a bit more accruate.

With all the hot air being blown by the good captain, I'd say "Fascinating Aircraft and Route Transaction," or FART, is probably a bit more accruate.
Well done.

I think that is truly a winner to describe the next series of delusions about to spring forth from the captain's, er, orifice.

First ICT, then UCT, now FART.

Beautiful!

Isn't that essentially what happened to Pan Am and Eastern (their routes and equipment carved up to various other carriers)?

Not in the case of Pan Am, Delta skated off with the Shuttle, the FRA hub, a few A310s and about a quarter of the Pan Am employees.There were about 12,000 that got nothing when Delta got tired of being a DIP financier and bailed.

It is my understanding that Lehman Brothers will host conference call on a Strategic and Financial Update on Delta's Restructuring. The call will be held Friday, September 15, 2006 11:30 AM EDT and will feature Chief Operating Officer Jim Whitehurst and Chief Financial Officer Edward Bastian.

I suspect there will be analyst questions regarding Delta and its potential for M&A activity or a strategic corporate transaction.

Regarding any potential deal with an interested party, we do know that Elise Eberwein and Phil Gee confirmed that Doug Parker has contacted Gerald Grinstein about US Airways' interest in exploring a deal.

This news became public after Pittsburgh Post Gazette Staff Writer Dan Fitzpatrick interviewed Parker at the Allegheny Heritage Plane Dedication and news broke of US Airways' interest in pursuing a deal with a bankrupt carrier. Then shortly thereafter Susan Carey of the WSJ in a weekend online report broke the news that Delta and US Airways CEO’s had discussions about US Airways’ interest in talking about M&A activity, which forced Eberwein and Gee to comment to other news agencies that yes in fact Parker called Grinstein.

What will be interesting is to see if a deal between Delta, US Airways, or another carrier proceeds.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

:blink: :( :shock:

http://www.ca.org/

http://www.dea.gov/concern/cocaine.html

http://www.stopcocaineaddiction.com/

Use of cocaine in a binge, during which the drug is taken repeatedly and at increasingly high doses, leads to a state of increasing irritability, restlessness, and paranoia. This may result in a full-blown paranoid psychosis, in which the individual loses touch with reality and experiences auditory hallucinations.

Fantasy-like hallucinations and dreams of a meglomania nature will occur when cocaine is used in large quantities. The most rapid solution to this is to sign the addict into rehab.

CLT is much smaller and PHL doesn't serve enough of the country to be viable. PIT, anyone?
Pit at its peak actually has, or had, a little more originating traffic than CLT does now. Somehow I just don't see either matching the market the city of ATL provides to just about any airline willing to hub it. In today's world of merger surprises, CLT could find itself being the next PIT in terms of downsize. But I know nothing, just specualtion.

Take care WT, Greeter.

O & D trafiic may not be as high as PIT, but look at the fares US is charging out of CLT, also it is very cheap to operate out of CLT approx 2.09/pax is what it costs US to move a pax thru....

The report of four Far East cities, aircraft and crews from Northwest to US Airways is now believed to dwarf the information being discussed with different proposals being exchanged between the companies. It appears that US Airways, Aeroflot and a third unnamed airline (possibly Air Antarctica) may share pieces of Northwest...essentially ending the airlines existence. Moreover, there is now significant airline senior executive corporate travel between Moscow, Bejing, Tokyo, Budapest, Ice Sation Zebra and PHX.

As discussions continue to unfold (am I a wordsmith or what?) it will be interesting to see what transpires and how the Creditor's drive the decisions on Northwest's future.

Love to all of you
I remain
Faithfully yours,

A330pilot

Back