TATTLETALE

Lucifer

Feb 8, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Original Letter Posted on USAir Saw & Drop Board

Subject: Out of Base Reserves Flying Offline......
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:22:08 -0500

Dear Mike, John and Omar,

I am writing this note to you, to make you aware of the fact that I have first hand knowledge of reserves being out of base and flying offline (another airline) to avoid being caught on our own company's manifest. This is unacceptable under the best of circumstances. One openly admitted to me, without prompting, that she HAD to get to the PHL base because she had been on duty 24 hours before and that her "number" was coming up!!! I could not believe what I was hearing but bit my tongue. Things can go awry within one hour in PHL; when there is ATC or bad weather!

Furthermore, they are flying standby on SWA and taking seats that indeed they are entitled to......on a first come, first s erved basis. Seniority is not the issue. They will arrive at the airport 3 hours in advance just to stake their claim. But...it is a direct violation of the contract and company work and conduct rules when they are out of base.... wrongly presuming that there are seats for them or assuming that their "number" is not coming up for a day or so. They are paid to be in base when they are "on duty". Needless to say, they are not thinking wisely.

Do you have any idea the position that this puts on any blockholder, senior or otherwise; that have been commuting for years from Florida, California and otherwise? Again, this would cause some serious issues if unresolved.

I trust that you will do your very best to resolve this issue before the winter is upon us.

Thank you for your consideration.

With Very Best Wishes,

Cyndy Kawakami Atkins
F/A#(edited), PHL

Is this chick off her rocker or what????? How many days has she ever sat reserve??? Like mabye two months at the most??? And I am sure she was on a seniority driven reserve system. No clue what so ever!

Subject: Out of Base Reserves Flying Offline......
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:22:08 -0500

Dear Mike, John and Omar,

I am writing this note to you, to make you aware of the fact that I have first hand knowledge of reserves being out of base and flying offline (another airline) to avoid being caught on our own company's manifest. This is unacceptable under the best of circumstances. One openly admitted to me, without prompting, that she HAD to get to the PHL base because she had been on duty 24 hours before and that her "number" was coming up!!! I could not believe what I was hearing but bit my tongue. Things can go awry within one hour in PHL; when there is ATC or bad weather!

Furthermore, they are flying standby on SWA and taking seats that indeed they are entitled to......on a first come, first s erved basis. Seniority is not the issue. They will arrive at the airport 3 hours in advance just to stake their claim. But...it is a direct violation of the contract and company work and conduct rules when they are out of base.... wrongly presuming that there are seats for them or assuming that their "number" is not coming up for a day or so. They are paid to be in base when they are "on duty". Needless to say, they are not thinking wisely.

Do you have any idea the position that this puts on any blockholder, senior or otherwise; that have been commuting for years from Florida, California and otherwise? Again, this would cause some serious issues if unresolved.

I trust that you will do your very best to resolve this issue before the winter is upon us.

Thank you for your consideration.

With Very Best Wishes,

Cyndy Kawakami Atkins
F/A#(edited), PHL

Oh My God.....

Who the he!! does this B!$#@ think she is???

What business is it of her's where we are?

And how the he!! does this put any blockholder in ANY position? Why because a "junior puke" got a seat on SW and she couldn't??????

I bet she never even sat reserve a day in her friggin life!!!!!!!!!!

What’s amazing to me is that in letters like these…we like to blame the union and the company for the reserve system, forgetting we ACCEPTED the contract…we all had the chance to say NO, NO,NO… and it still PASSED! We must start accepting responsibility for OUR actions, we had an opportunity to tell the company and the union to shove the tentative where the sun does not shine and we FAILED.

About the STUPID person that put her name on the posting at MSM Groups and the even STUPIDER person that forwarded the letter to the LEC all I have to say is AMAZING! How these folks can come to work and well ask to be part of a team that saves lives, well, I just shake my head in disgust. :down:

I wonder if Cyndy knows that reserves even go on duty at midnight now not 3 PM?

My guess is the reserve took a flight assignment from home during her courtesy call before going on duty at midnight and was released till her check-in, that’s why she was at the flight and not out of base at all.

I also wonder if Cyndy was commuting into base and she had all her backup flights that she is required to have. Maybe not, that’s why she is so pissed…because she screwed up…got a stuck commute and wanted to deflect the discipline for her actions.

I am also miffed at the fact that there is a MSN trade board. We have an ETB that we fought for and may have given up a better reserve system for…think about it. Trades, unless it is on the day of trip MUST go through the ETB look at section 9.D.1.c (section 9 page 11) read line 44. I hope that folks are just reaching out…and doing the swap as they should, abiding by the contract. Otherwise, they are in violation of Work and Conduct Rule #33 in the Flight Attendant Emergency Manual.

Just my 2 cents

Wow Cyndy... way to just make yourself into the pinata everyone's looking for. Hope she has her paperwork in for the buyout and is on medical until then... is this chick crazy???

What an amazingly stupid move... did she think this wouldn't get out?

Amazing that this woman with a May 1973 (34 years 352 seniority number) has NEVER done reserve and can get anything she wants.

She flies nothing but international...................

Yea, you have alot to complain about Cindy!!!!!

pppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee do us all a favor and R E T I R E !!!

I'd imagine she will be retiring after this.

I've gotten four emails and one MySpace message of it already, and photocopies of it are hung in the crew room...

New travels fast... what a MORON!

What is a Saw & Drop Board? LOL, this where the block holders sell their trips to each other?

IF this letter was sent to the union via e-mail or otherwise, how did it end up on the internet? I am more upset about that aspect of it then those people who are in/out of base when they are suppose to be. Honestly, if you want to be out of base when you are suppose to be in base it is your job you are risking - not mine.

I'd say she needs to be careful in the PHL crew lot... I'd hate for her to get pu----uhhh, trip -- yeah, that's it' trip -- I'd hate for her to trip in front of a moving crew bus.

If true......She should have just signed it Cyndi KAMAKAZI > This is by far the most vindictive letter I have ever seen directed at fellow Jr. employee's in my 24 years of professional flying. :down:

If true......She should have just signed it Cyndy KAMAKAZI > This is by far the most vindictive letter I have ever seen directed at fellow Jr. employee's in my 24 years of professional flying. :down:

Okay guys.....

We are all pi$$ed off at this woman and I for one will say something to her if I ever meet her, but let's not make "threats" (even jokingly) as it will get one into a heap of trouble.