Teamsters card drive

Who would sign a Teamsters card, if a card drive started tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 30 85.7%

• Total voters
Still trying to sell Prez?

Breaking News: The vast Majority of LAA already has a 3 legged stool. Pension (frozen, but still superior to the IAMPF) 401K, SS.

Thank you for playing.

How is he trying to sell by pointing out that we should have a Pension?

If our DBP with AA hadn't been frozen and was fully funded would you vote to freeze it and jump into a Matched 401k instead?

Forget your hatred for the IAMPF for a minute and think. YES we should still have Pensions (P. Rez included) and they SHOULD be through our Company and 100% fully funded.

And we supplement that with a 401k which was what the 401k program was meant to be in the first place.

swamt,

Google 3 legged stool of retirement. That would be pension, 401k and SS.
You are correct. But, not everyone has a pension choice or option as in my case. Even if I did have the pension option I would prefer to not have it and move my money that would have been going into the pension into a different retirement account with equal or better return values. The reason I kinda called it my 5 or more legged plan is because I do way more than what they recommend us to do because I will not "depend" on SS, it may not be there for me when I retire. My real estate properties and rental properties provide a positive monthly cash flow (that I control) that outweighs what your pension does with the IAM. I get mine NOW, not in 25-35 years. Just added the additional legs as a replacement for the pension leg. Does that explain it a little better?

Wow. That was an immediate backpedal if I ever saw one. I never changed my stance ONCE. I reported exactly how it was going to be carried out from day one when the asso was announced. All the other guys were pushing that a vote was coming until the very end, including 700. 700 never admitted anything until I dragged it out of him with some help from a few that were surprised I was correct and telling the truth. Matter fact it took 700 either 2 or 3 weeks to finally eat crow after the fact not before and sure as hell was NOT the first one to say there wouldn't be a vote. I never budged off that there would not be a vote. Only about a half dozen guys from AA actually did call the NMB to follow up on what I was reporting and jump on my wagon with me and none of them were anyone posting here, currently...

Wow. That was an immediate backpedal if I ever saw one. I never changed my stance ONCE. I reported exactly how it was going to be carried out from day one when the asso was announced. All the other guys were pushing that a vote was coming until the very end, including 700. 700 never admitted anything until I dragged it out of him with some help from a few that were surprised I was correct and telling the truth. Matter fact it took 700 either 2 or 3 weeks to finally eat crow after the fact not before and sure as hell was NOT the first one to say there wouldn't be a vote. I never budged off that there would not be a vote. Only about a half dozen guys from AA actually did call the NMB to follow up on what I was reporting and jump on my wagon with me and none of them were anyone posting here, currently...

I thought you had me on ignore?

You want to try a reset and maybe we can be civil with each other this time?

And you're spewing complete BS because YES 100% I was saying it. Once I read the IAM filing and understood "why" their wouldn't be a vote I started "trying" to tell people who kept arguing with me about it (pissing me off at the time too BTW)

Anyway that's roadkill in the rear view now man. Let's concentrate forward now.

Last edited:
No. This will be the last time I answer you. You killed yourself in your post #111. You said, and I quote, "Once I read the IAM filing and understood "why" their wouldn't be a vote I started "trying" to tell people who kept arguing with me about it" blah blah blah.
Now let's break this phrase down in a time table form and you will get educated on how you just threw yourself under the bus.
Once you read the IAM filing? Hmmmm. Gee when did that come out? The filing came at the end of all the announcements. The filing came after months upon months of them announcing the asso was being formed.
Then you state that you didn't start "trying" to tell people until after the filing and "after" you understood why there would be no vote, again all this came long after the announcement of this asso coming. Yea maybe it is roadkill, and I am sure you would love to put it behind you but it actually goes towards your character that some out here, newbies, need to be reminded of when you speak the BS you speak here.
Again when they filed for the asso representation it was months upon months after they announced it would happen and proves the time table that you flipped or waffled at the end not from the beginning as you are "trying" to indicate.
You have the exact same trait that 700 had. The more you post the more YOU make yourself look bad and the opposite of what you claim.
BTW, the filing also came long after myself and others contacted the NMB and were told that "the NMB has no jurisdiction over the asso vote" You still argued with me saying that there would be a vote. You didn't find out from the unions about the no vote until they filed, and in their filing it was then told to you guys that it will get certified by the NMB with no vote. In other words it was too late, it just happened and that's when you found out. Thanks for playing the "I need no help in making myself look stupid"
Now, just for a reminder, because you have this all wrong too. The sole reason I stopped communications with you was because you completely disrespected the AA mechanics wishes to stay out of the mechanic issues. Therefore, I supported their wishes and stopped answering you with them and will continue to do so after this post. I just needed that last confirmation post from you to put an end to it all and for all out here to see and read. Now they all know where you stood with 700 and the unions. Bye-Bye...

Reactions: 1AA
No. This will be the last time I answer you. You killed yourself in your post #111. You said, and I quote, "Once I read the IAM filing and understood "why" their wouldn't be a vote I started "trying" to tell people who kept arguing with me about it" blah blah blah.
Now let's break this phrase down in a time table form and you will get educated on how you just threw yourself under the bus.
Once you read the IAM filing? Hmmmm. Gee when did that come out? The filing came at the end of all the announcements. The filing came after months upon months of them announcing the asso was being formed.
Then you state that you didn't start "trying" to tell people until after the filing and "after" you understood why there would be no vote, again all this came long after the announcement of this asso coming. Yea maybe it is roadkill, and I am sure you would love to put it behind you but it actually goes towards your character that some out here, newbies, need to be reminded of when you speak the BS you speak here.
Again when they filed for the asso representation it was months upon months after they announced it would happen and proves the time table that you flipped or waffled at the end not from the beginning as you are "trying" to indicate.
You have the exact same trait that 700 had. The more you post the more YOU make yourself look bad and the opposite of what you claim.
BTW, the filing also came long after myself and others contacted the NMB and were told that "the NMB has no jurisdiction over the asso vote" You still argued with me saying that there would be a vote. You didn't find out from the unions about the no vote until they filed, and in their filing it was then told to you guys that it will get certified by the NMB with no vote. In other words it was too late, it just happened and that's when you found out. Thanks for playing the "I need no help in making myself look stupid"
Now, just for a reminder, because you have this all wrong too. The sole reason I stopped communications with you was because you completely disrespected the AA mechanics wishes to stay out of the mechanic issues. Therefore, I supported their wishes and stopped answering you with them and will continue to do so after this post. I just needed that last confirmation post from you to put an end to it all and for all out here to see and read. Now they all know where you stood with 700 and the unions. Bye-Bye...

Don't care at all in the slightest if you don't respond since I know you're going to read it anyway.

YES I thought we were going to vote and YES I didn't come to realize that we probably weren't going to vote until many months AFTER they filed with the NMB. I didn't read the filing until months after they had filed. THATS when I realized (again since you need this to validate yourself) that we probably weren't going to vote.

And again seriously I do wish you and the group you work with at Southwest Airlines much success. I/We hope you wish US the same here at American Airlines.

Oh and the reason I believed that we would have a vote is because I continued at the time stupidly to listen to NYer who was continuing to spout the Jim Little/Bobby Gless line and DID NOT do the research for myself.

My bad for being stupid enough to believe "anyone" without thinking for myself.

Most of us have been around long enough to know what the MO of the TWU is and knew damn well we weren't going to be able to vote on the ASS.

Hell, they gave away one of out last bargaining chips in cross-utilization for an increase in dues income. Most of us know where their priorities lie!

Most of us have been around long enough to know what the MO of the TWU is and knew damn well we weren't going to be able to vote on the ASS.

Hell, they gave away one of out last bargaining chips in cross-utilization for an increase in dues income. Most of us know where their priorities lie!

First part was Jim Little and Bobby Gless. And have to say I didn't see any communication from the IAM or a in tandem with the TWU document that said we (collectively) would be voting on anything.

Second part is because people on Social Media (And in other places) were screaming bloody murder "Where's the money" and some "issues" (cough cough) were beginning to occur so do you think they should have not made a deal?

Rogallo I'm sorry but people were "desperate" to get that $$MONEY$$. Let's be honest about that.

No, we shouldn't have made that deal. We had a little bargaining chip and we gave it away for a few shiny new nickels. The company bought us off!

Desperate people do desperate things!

Your right, the co. did buy some more time. They also were able to keep the troops calm for longer by offering the deal. It's chess game on who jumps first from the stallin games to squeeze everyone without raises for as long as they so they will jump on the first offer, companies love doing this. Our co. is doing the exact same thing by stalling for a record 5 years.

Ok we didn't take AAs food during AMT appreciation day, I'm sure the executives are freaking out like last year, and maybe this year we will get a contract. We look like moronic children as a whole. We had union leaders in dfw afw and DWH making deals to protect themselves causing senior mechs to leave their homes just to save weekend Off or keeping higher seniority out.

ee get to vote on nothing and now the ass is blaming AA for all of this.

Let's pull out the flow chart. AA gave generous contracts out to 3 different unions. Agents, pilots and FAs. Our union won't tell us what we are asking for. But at least we we refused to acknowledge AMT day.