Teamsters Making Moves on American Mechanics

In Acrobat, go to the tool bar at the top, and click on the "T", it stands for text. Next, select what you want to post, maybe use ''Select all'' under edit.
Then copy the selected text, and paste in into wherever you want it.

Thanks but I couldn't get it to work. Tried every which way but still no luck. Will have to try something else.

have no position with the TWU and no concern other than my own
welfare and the welfare of the people I work with. I have no doubt that my
job and pension would be long gone (as is true at NWA, Alaska, and most
of UAL) if I had been represented by people like AMFAMAN and the other
regulars on this board. I do volunteer in the TWU sign shop in Tulsa and
for the labor movement in this area. I work with the IBT regularly and
they have told me time and again that they have no interest in pursuing
representation of mechanics or anyone else represented by the TWU. They
were raided by AMFA at SWA and by the PFAA (represented by AMFA
lawyers) at NWA and they have no interest in working with the AMFA pushers who
now claim to be supporting them.

When this latest dust up occured I talked with him again and he gave me
the attached letter. I think it puts to rest any doubt about the IBT's
position. I don't know who Plane Business talked to, but they did not
say it was a Teamster official. I will take the written word of Mr
Treichler before a rumor from an unnamed, unidentified, and unauthorized
source. As Treichler's letter makes clear people cannot organize on the
IBT's behalf without their authorization. The people on this Board do not
speak to the IBT and they are not authorized to do a thing on behalf of
the IBT. But, prove me wrong, Lets see a letter stating that the IBT
will accept and file the card you have supposedly gathered.
From what has been written and quoted here it doesnt say that the IBT is not interested in organizing the mechanics, it only says they have not authorized a drive, which as far as I know is true. The last I heard they were discussing it.

The fact is that the IBT left the AFL-CIO because of some philisophical differences, many of which were highlighted in the "United We Win" pamphlet published by the IBTs partner in the exodus from the AFL-CIO-the SEIU. In that publication they talk about how workers in some industries are split between many unions representing simliar workgroups and how they should be united into one union because these unions end up in a race to the bottom. The fact is if the IBT went through the trouble of leaving the AFL-CIO then it makes perfect sense for them to test their theory on the airline industry and try and unite airline workers. You would be hard pressed to find an industry where workers who have delivered increased productivity in an industry that is still growing have been so utterly failed by the labor movement. Its clear that the structure of unionism in the airline industry is to blame even more so than things such as deregulation and terrorist activity.
Organizing the airline industry would be a walk in the park for a union with resources like the IBT.

Thanks but I couldn't get it to work. Tried every which way but still no luck. Will have to try something else.

Bill why don’t you PM AMFAMAN and see about E-mailing it to him and let him have a crack at it.

You need acrobat 6.0 or later, but if you click on the select tool between the hand and the camera, and then left click and copy some text, right click "Select all"...right click "copy to clipboard"...then paste it directly to the board or through Word and then the board.

You need acrobat 6.0 or later, but if you click on the select tool between the hand and the camera, and then left click and copy some text, right click "Select all"...right click "copy to clipboard"...then paste it directly to the board or through Word and then the board.
<_< AMFAMAN----I think you lost him at the first "right click!" :p And Bill! You mean to tell me that they won't take notice if they get enough cards? Boy, you are naive!

You just won't let up will you company man! I have been unsuccessful in getting the actual letter posted (but will keep trying because someone will be crying for "proof"), but here is the text of the letter, word for word, written on Teamster letter head, based in LA......

"This responds to your telephone call on March 7, 2007 concerning AMFA members distributing IBT Airline Division representation cards at your AMR/American Airlines maintenance base. The IBT Airline Division has not authorized such activity nor has it authorized the use of its cards in any activity that would encroach on TWU member jurisdiction. Please feel free to post this letter should you desire to do so."
Fraternally,
Don Treichler, Director-Teamsters Airline Division

So Eric, as for Plane Business (aren't they just another bulletin board???), they obviously have got it wrong! Jumped the gun a bit, I would say. Are you suggesting that the IBT Director has lied?? There it is, the full text of the letter. Believe it or not. I will do my best to get the pdf posted.
I think you Eric, have just been schooled......now the lesson has ended!!! :shock:
Bill that letter might be true but the guy that handed me a card to sign (tonight) had no affiliation with the teamsters nor was he an AMFA supporter in the last drive. He was an AMT that has had enough. I was taken a little bit off gaurd because this was out of character for this guy to get involved with sort of thing. But hey, burry your head in the sand for all I care!!!!!

From "James T. Kirk"

"I will take the written word of Mr
Treichler before a rumor from an unnamed, unidentified, and unauthorized source."

The above post is from an unnamed, unidentified and unauthorized source as well. PRICELESS!

From "James T. Kirk"

"I will take the written word of Mr
Treichler before a rumor from an unnamed, unidentified, and unauthorized source."

The above post is from an unnamed, unidentified and unauthorized source as well. PRICELESS!
Unlike the majority of people on this board I do not claim to represent
anyone besides myself, much less the Teamsters. When I speak for myself
I will do so in whatever way I choose. When we are trying to figure out
who speaks for the IBT and what it will do I think we are better off
looking to named authorized sources, which is what the Treichler letter
(which I believe will be posted sometime today) is. The Plane Business
article claimed that the IBT was gearing up a well funded campaign to
take representation of TWU represented AA employees. That is what started
this string. Plane Business did not give a source. There is no way that
the Treichler letter can be spun as somehow consistent with this claim.
It would have been easy for Treichler to have said nothing if he wanted
to keep his options open, or if he really intended on working with
AMFAMAN and the rest. Instead he released a letter renouncing any intent to
encroach on the TWU at AMR within days of the article.

I see no comments from you AMFAMAN. Did you not believe me?? If you had listened to me months ago you could have saved yourself some steps! I believe this IBT nonsense started back in August, did it not???

That's the deal with posting on this site. Someone posts something you (and many others) don't like and you automatically assume that it is not correct. I don't post a whole lot on here and when I do it is mostly in defense or damage control from you hate mongers and have proof to back it up. But I have come to realize that you all simply love to hear yourselves complain. Some more than others, but that's all there is here. Just one example, the TWU has recalls (reassignments, whatever you choose to call it) and you still complain about it. "It's not enough!!!" What do I get????? You make the conscious decision to be divisive. Whether you want to believe it or not, the working together process, this union, is working, is succeeding in the job at hand for it's members but because it is the TWU, you give them, us, absolutley no credit. So, you all continue to cry and moan about how bad you have it and I will continue to fight for you!

I see no comments from you AMFAMAN. Did you not believe me?? If you had listened to me months ago you could have saved yourself some steps! I believe this IBT nonsense started back in August, did it not???
No just figured I'd post it fast and then run out and mow the lawn.

No steps wasted here on my part, in fact the only cards I have seen at DFW were months ago. Below is my first post to this thread, and I did make the call to find out what the deal is with this drive, and an hour or so later a fax went to Yingst saying no drive. ;)

I'm still waiting for something official from the Teamsters. If they want, they could get FSC's, and stores too without much trouble.

Something insteresting about the letter.

Yingst was apparently investigating "AMFA" members passing out IBT cards.

In Tulsa, it has been Stock Clerks passing out the cards, who are not currently allowed to be AMFA under their Consitution.

Also, the letter says the IBT has not authorized the use their cards in this manner.

Give the man 5000 signed cards and see what kind of letter you get. Yingst probabaly skewed the question with AMFA hate to begin with.

Simple enough though, if some misguided individuals have created this kind of interest and TWU fear, then lets help them out by forming an Independent Union and sweep the porch clean of the Fear Mongering Dictators.

Reading between the lines again Informer!!! Boy will that get you in trouble!!

'Mar 8[/b] 2007, 04:22 PM' post='464434']
Not according to those at the IBT airline division, they are quite interested in the 17,000 mechanics and related. I will be speaking with the director soon, as 10,000 signed cards in about 4 weeks really sparked the interest level. I actually mentioned "no-raid" clauses and since this is a revolt and not a raid, it doesn't seem to be a problem. :up: :up:

And your last post.......
No steps wasted here on my part, in fact the only cards I have seen at DFW were months ago. Below is my first post to this thread, and I did make the call to find out what the deal is with this drive, and an hour or so later a fax went to Yingst saying no drive.

????????????????????? Come on AMFAMAN!!! Fess up! And 10,000 cards????? Come on......

That's the deal with posting on this site. Someone posts something you (and many others) don't like and you automatically assume that it is not correct. I don't post a whole lot on here and when I do it is mostly in defense or damage control from you hate mongers and have proof to back it up. But I have come to realize that you all simply love to hear yourselves complain. Some more than others, but that's all there is here. Just one example, the TWU has recalls (reassignments, whatever you choose to call it) and you still complain about it. "It's not enough!!!" What do I get????? You make the conscious decision to be divisive. Whether you want to believe it or not, the working together process, this union, is working, is succeeding in the job at hand for it's members but because it is the TWU, you give them, us, absolutley no credit. So, you all continue to cry and moan about how bad you have it and I will continue to fight for you!
<_< ----Bill, I hear what your saying! But even if this thing with the Teamsters is what you clam it is, just hot air! This should be a wake up call for the TWU! People are NOT happy! A "LOT" of people! So "if" the TWU continues in it's ways, sooner or later, they'll be gone!--- If not the Teamsters, then it'll be someone else!!! ;)

Y-A-W-N

If there is sufficient interest there will be a drive, period.

All this back and forth means little.

As for the "official" IBT position note posted here, thats a laugh.

Forget about 10,000 cards, you drop half that number in anyones lap, and you just watch how quickly a drive becomes "official".

Latest posts