Teamsters Making Moves on American Mechanics

<_< ----Bill, I hear what your saying! But even if this thing with the Teamsters is what you clam it is, just hot air! This should be a wake up call for the TWU! People are NOT happy! A "lot" of people! So "if" the TWU continues in it's ways, sooner or later, they'll be gone!--- If not the Teamsters, then it'll be someone else!!! ;)

And I hear what you are saying as well and believe it or not I completely understand. I hate the divisivness and the discontent. But you are NEVER going to make EVERYONE happy and satisfied with their working conditions, with their pay etc. It's just not going to happen, union or no union. In an official position you do what is best for the majority. I personally am busting my ass to see that we ALL benefit. But if you (not placing blame directly)are going to sit back, do nothing and complain about things then you get what you deserve in my opinion. Changing unions at this point in the "game" makes no sense. Just like the chatter about replacing the 514 officers with the upcoming elections. These folks have managed to get things accomplished that would have never been imagined some years ago. Do you like everything they did? Probably not but give credit where credit is due. Put aside your hatred for the TWU for just a moment and look at the big picture.

????????????????????? Come on AMFAMAN!!! Fess up! And 10,000 cards????? Come on......
What part of that is not true, it was a sh*t or get off the pot talk. I'll get involved if their backing it, if not I really don't have much use for the IBT, as I've spoken with quite a few SWA mechanics. But if it means the end of the twu, it would be a slight upgrade and I'll help out. And to answer your 10,000 cards question, you have no idea much this membership hates the twu. :shock:

And I hear what you are saying as well and believe it or not I completely understand. I hate the divisivness and the discontent. But you are NEVER going to make EVERYONE happy and satisfied with their working conditions, with their pay etc. It's just not going to happen, union or no union. In an official position you do what is best for the majority. I personally am busting my ass to see that we ALL benefit. But if you (not placing blame directly)are going to sit back, do nothing and complain about things then you get what you deserve in my opinion. Changing unions at this point in the "game" makes no sense. Just like the chatter about replacing the 514 officers with the upcoming elections. These folks have managed to get things accomplished that would have never been imagined some years ago. Do you like everything they did? Probably not but give credit where credit is due. Put aside your hatred for the TWU for just a moment and look at the big picture.

Well then Bill...Why did we give concessions? Last I checked it was in exchange for our jobs, not in exchange for giving up more jobs through the Continuous Concessions program.

Bill, I'll give you this(first/last time ;) ) what you're saying as far as the position of the union and busting @ss would be correct, "BUT" it should have been part of the concession package. We'll give you (AA) $320 million a year, oh hell $500 million a year in productivity increases in exchange for keeping our contract, not both concessions and and the now $1.2 billion in productivity. I don't see another work group out there giving a billion above their concessions. Why us?

<_< ---- Bill, you don't have to make "EVERYONE" happy! Just 50%+1!!! And I don't clam to have all the answers to what's going on in our Industry. If I did, I wouldn't be working in my present capacity! But I do know that aa can not survive, for long, on the backs of it's employees! They have given up too much. And it looks like the "Work together, Win together" thing is really nothing but rhetoric on the part of the company!---- These executive bonus are a slap in the face to the person that sacrificed the most. And those, "pie in the sky", promises of "possible" profit sharing next year, just won't cut it! Now you can say it kept aa out of bankruptcy, which it did! But are we better off for the fact? Well, that's debatable!-- ;)

And I hear what you are saying as well and believe it or not I completely understand. I hate the divisivness and the discontent. But you are NEVER going to make EVERYONE happy and satisfied with their working conditions, with their pay etc. It's just not going to happen, union or no union. In an official position you do what is best for the majority. I personally am busting my ass to see that we ALL benefit.

Put aside your hatred for the TWU for just a moment and look at the big picture.

Bill,

What specifically are you doing "busting ass" on personal basis? I would like to stop by and personally witness that. Where can I see such activity? Are you sitting in the plush new union hall office at the $5000 management conference table posting on this bulletin board? Are you on the Pulse Line busting ass? Please Bill, give us the details of one day in the life of Bill busting ass?

And here goes the "TWU Big Picture" statement again. Is it true they built a secret underground tunnel from the old union hall to the new building so the "Big Picture" could be moved without exposing that to those passing by on Pine Street? I have heard this from several "official" sources but do not have a PDF file to prove it true.

I saw the Big Picture recently by pure accident, it was about 3 feet X 4 feet and appeared to have an AA AMT bent over with a TWU Officer (Kevin Hammack) and AA Management (Carmine Romano) standing behind his arse. Hammack was holding a BBQ Sandwhich, the Carmine a $50 Gift Card. I wasn't quite sure what it all meant and quite frankly was very dissappointed. I was far better off left to only wonder what the Big Picture actually looked like. rather than see it first hand. Like 17.5% better off to start with.

You know what I mean Kevin? What is your seniority date anyway, about 1997? Did every AMT on the seniority list subsidize your sorry ass while you walk around in your pressed seam blue jeans puttin the screw to them on a daily basis?

YOU'RE VOTED OUT SOON ANYWAY!!!!!

Where did Bill go? I have more information for him!

I heard your good buddy Kirk Wells is so happy with the job you are doing "personally busting ass daily" that today is his last day at AA?

He also told me a few other informative things on his way out the door today.
:shock:

Where did Bill go? I have more information for him!

I heard your good buddy Kirk Wells is so happy with the job you are doing "personally busting ass daily" that today is his last day at AA?

He also told me a few other informative things on his way out the door today.
:shock:
Kirky "To the Stalls and Mop" Wells is quiting. I'm sorry to hear that, he was one of our best organizers. I wish him well, we'll surely miss the cards he brings in. :p

Y-A-W-N

If there is sufficient interest there will be a drive, period.

All this back and forth means little.

As for the "official" IBT position note posted here, thats a laugh.

Forget about 10,000 cards, you drop half that number in anyones lap, and you just watch how quickly a drive becomes "official".
Exactly. While the IBT may not have started a drive a flood of unsolicited cards may change that, in fact thats what I was told by an IBT official.(I spoke to several). He said they had other drives in the works and even if they were to try and organize at AA it probably wouldnt be right away because they simply didnt have organizers available to mount "their" kind of drive. So why would they have downloadable cards on their website? Perhaps to see where there is an interest in getting the IBT. THe letter they sent to the TWU didnt state that they wouldnt try to organize,it stated that they werent at present.