Teamsters ?

Why is it that anyone who disagrees with these union guys is usually accused of being management or management shills or has their intelligence questioned and any issues are usually not dealt with???
$41.00 an hour, decent insurance, 6% 401k that I control and a lump sum when I leave and not one dime to a union with a very colorfull legal history to say the least and I don't have to threaten to harm the company I work for financially to get just a little bit more not to mention put my own job on the line ala NWA. Unions are a business whose top priopity is to perpetuate the business. Who paid for all of these people to come to memphis from out of town to promote the union? You did Mr. union member.
No thank you teamsters.

JAMECH

Aye 'JAMECH', it's a forum, it will be okay :)

Two years later? O.K.
Any comments on Teamsters at FEDEX , Working?
Or Teamster contract talks at UPS?

Sorry for the slow response, First off I am for Unions and thats only because the USA is all about contracts. Since the only way to get a contract in my field of work is to get a union then so be it. Now for who to represent your contract is a different story. I come from a long line of Teamsters in my family, and they never had problems from them, but I am not sure of the Teamster's in the air freight business because my family worked in different job categories. I would love for the Teamsters to come to Delta, hell any Union of that matter because you may got the short end of the stick with a "bad" union, but don't forget non-union workers didn't even know there were a stick.

Sorry for the slow response, First off I am for Unions and thats only because the USA is all about contracts. Since the only way to get a contract in my field of work is to get a union then so be it. Now for who to represent your contract is a different story. I come from a long line of Teamsters in my family, and they never had problems from them, but I am not sure of the Teamster's in the air freight business because my family worked in different job categories. I would love for the Teamsters to come to Delta, hell any Union of that matter because you may got the short end of the stick with a "bad" union, but don't forget non-union workers didn't even know there were a stick.

I am a UAL Mechanic from Denver and don't fall for the song and dance the ibt will sale you. Once their in their done. They will collect dues and nothing more. They even throw you into a local full of truck drivers where your voices will be diluted. The officers are all appointed and part of the good ole boys club. If you have guys from fedex who are assisting the ibt they will be appointed and they will serve the ibt leadership and not the membership.

Again, I cannot express strong enough to not go ibt. We had many warnings from Southwest about the ibt yet we did not llisten to them. Now we are living a nightmare. Go anywhere else, just don't go teamsters. Mark my words, you will regret it. Check out CAL-UALMechanics.com

I am a UAL Mechanic from Denver and don't fall for the song and dance the ibt will sale you. Once their in their done. They will collect dues and nothing more. They even throw you into a local full of truck drivers where your voices will be diluted. The officers are all appointed and part of the good ole boys club. If you have guys from fedex who are assisting the ibt they will be appointed and they will serve the ibt leadership and not the membership.

Again, I cannot express strong enough to not go ibt. We had many warnings from Southwest about the ibt yet we did not llisten to them. Now we are living a nightmare. Go anywhere else, just don't go teamsters. Mark my words, you will regret it. Check out CAL-UALMechanics.com

Thanks, I will do the research

$50.00 per hr??? The teamster from atlanta who came by my house said $55.00!!!

Good Luck the ripple effect should hit Fedex soon after.

Maybe I spent too long in G.A. I think i've got a pretty good deal here at Fed.

Guys,
I work at American Airlines as a mechanic. I have been here for 13 years now. Let me sum it up what it is like to work for a company that has a union. You are only as valuable as the most worthless employee. Now what I mean by that is this. I just do the bare minimum and put my time in and I get the same benefits and pay as the guy that works his tale off and really understands how to maintain the aircraft. To me that is flat wrong. You should be rewarded based on what skills YOU bring to the table, that is what keeps integrity in this industry. Our union is now an extension of H.R. If you are in the "click" with the union, you can get your job back on almost anything. If not, well Brother sorry about your luck.