Thank You To Whom Ever Made This Merger Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
aafsc said:
You said that binding arbitration would be fair to you even if you don't like the results. Well the TWA mechanics/ramp/and related GOT binding arbitration as called for in THEIR contract. The arbitrator has ruled and they are very unhappy with his ruling. They have filed grieveances and lawsuits to try to get around the arbitrator's ruling.
[post="274449"][/post]​
What can I say? I don't blame them for being displeased but I doubt their efforts will overturn anything.

exB717Flyer said:
What can I say? I don't blame them for being displeased but I doubt their efforts will overturn anything.
[post="274513"][/post]​

Won't happen. Arbitrators rulings never get overturned as far as i can remember.

Why is everyone (for the most part) afraid of DOH? When you are hired you don't jump ahead of those that are already working, and those that are hired after you don't jump ahead of you when they are hired. Fair is fair, you fall exactly where your seniority allows you too, no more, no less. If you have 10 years, you don't jump ahead of someone with 11 years. Except the fact that the time you have is all you have, and make the best of it.

Atlantic said:
There can't be a blend because of the AFA by-laws. National AFA will not sign off on a merger of lists if it goes against their charter.
[post="274504"][/post]​

So what happens if hypothetically the two MEC's ultimately agree that a dovetail is the only fair way to integrate, and National AFA still won't sign off?

Don't know. AFA went down the tube two years or so. CWA took them in, I guess there calling the shots.

firstamendment said:
<nothing substantial worth quoting>
[post="274703"][/post]​

Gee, and all that by someone who uses freedom of speech as their screen name....

How about answering the question instead of going into a rant?

DesertRat said:
The above statement, and implied attitude, is why so many HP employees are less than enthusiastic about this merger. :down:
[post="274779"][/post]​
Sorry if the truth hurts. I got angry at our AA friend just because HE wants to stir the pot! There is no attitude in FACT. Why is it that if anyone defends the bylaws that could protect their future, they are arrogant or entitled? I have repeated OVER and OVER that there would probably be fences around the bases. But NO, the naysaying troublemakers want to stir the pot OVER and OVER!!

It's not about anyone's right to say what they want, but the dribble is constant anti -US Airways...paint them in a bad light posting. It gets old, DesertRat. So the AFA should change the rules in the middle of the game because a team doesn't like how it's going? So I guess we should roll back the senority that all the PSA, Piedmont, and Trump/Eastern flight attendants got during THEIR mergers with US? Where do you draw the line? But NO, I am the bad person because I speak the truth.

It also gets old hearing all the dribble that it is certain we would go under without this. Who knows? Should THAT alone mean the AFA should make an exception? I think not!!

Former ModerAAtor said:
Gee, and all that by someone who uses freedom of speech as their screen name....

How about answering the question instead of going into a rant?
[post="274722"][/post]​

Yes, you are right. I apologize for the rant. You can say whatever you want, but I find your obsession with US Airways interesting. You work for a company who has one philosphy about DOH and I work for a company with an opposing view. I find it tiring that you NEVER, EVER have anything kind or positive to say about US. Why do you care so much? Do you have someone in your family that works for AWA? What ax do you have to grind where US is concerned?

To ANSWER you original question. NO, it won't happen. Is that better?

Just keep in mind that another merger is possible in the future if all of this consolidation talk comes to fruition. So how this seniority integration is handled may have ramifications further down the road. You may set a precident that may come back and bite you in a year.

firstamendment said:
Sorry if the truth hurts. I got angry at our AA friend just because HE wants to stir the pot! There is no attitude in FACT. Why is it that if anyone defends the bylaws that could protect their future, they are arrogant or entitled? I have repeated OVER and OVER that there would probably be fences around the bases. But NO, the naysaying troublemakers want to stir the pot OVER and OVER!!
[post="274797"][/post]​
I have noticed that you keep repeating that. But, I am wondering, is it true? Has there ever been a merger between two AFA carriers since the current merger policy went into effect that had fences? (I really don't know so it is a serious question; I can't think of one though.)

The reason I am asking is because you (and other U F/As) are very tied to the idea that the AFA merger language must and will be followed, period. But as far as I know, fences don't appear in that merger language. Therefore I can see the U MEC making a very strong argument that there should be NO fences, and that the clear and simple language of the merger policy should be followed, period -- DOH, end of story. The only exception could be that which is strictly necessary to provide FAA required training on different fleets if that is necessary based on operating certificate requirements, etc.

So, while you keep repeating to the HP F/As, "Don't worry; there will be fences!", if I were a U F/A, I'd be on the phone with my AFA rep pointing out that there is no fence language in the merger policy and I would be demanding DOH period in accordance with AFA policy.

And if I were a HP F/A, I would be more than a bit nervous, because despite what the "Don't worry; relax; be happy; everything will be OK" U crowd keeps saying, in most coroporate mergers there is at least some degree of downsizing, and I sure wouldn't want to be on the bottom of the list if that happens.

OK, now here come the accusations of being a "pot-stirrer" ... :rolleyes:

I have read on here that the US f/a's should be stapled and that the HP f/a's have worked their hineys to be where they are. "WE" at US definately know whats its like to struggle and fight to keep the very co you work for alive. True, the HP seniority is lower than US but as a fact many from 1983 and older will be gone very soon at US. A person from AA on here a few days back tried to educate us on merger policies. FYI there is an AA board if your interested. We at US have been through our fair share of mergers and not that many years ago at that. To say that the US group will not want to be fair is ignorant. There has not been ONE merger where we have not been fair. Everyone is tired of hearing of DOH. WHY? This whole idea of HP "bailing" US out does not change what is written. The idea of a fence would be fair to keep your DOH for however many years to add some sort of fairness. When both groups meet at the table any one of them could stand on their head, but will not change what is written. I highly doubt that will even be brought up at the meetings of both f/a groups. Nobody at HP is taking anything on the chin in this merger. What WILL happen is that HP f/a's will blend with the US f/a's. I stated in a post a few days ago, "If we at US were a much more junior group would this be an issue"? Seniority is all we have as f/a's. I can understand the HP f/a's concern. I'm concerned with my seniority as well. With my 8th year at US starting next month I'm sure there are quite a few HP f/a's more senior than me. We all get affected in one way or the other. Why does everyone think there would be this mass exodus to the west? Does anyone realize how many PSA flight attendants have moved to the east YEARS ago and have children, homes and lives planted now? HP has much to be proud of as does US.

Travelpro72 said:
Why does everyone think there would be this mass exodus to the west? Does anyone realize how many PSA flight attendants have moved to the east YEARS ago and have children, homes and lives planted now? HP has much to be proud of as does US.
[post="274857"][/post]​

I don't think the issue is a mass exodus of HP people to the East, or a mass exodus of U people to the West.

The issue will be when it comes time to downsize (which is almost inevitable in a merger between to companies), who will get the pink slips -- that is, who will be at the bottom of the merged seniority list?

I don't understand all of the "this is our forum, go back to your own" comments. US Aviation.com is an open forum: all are invited. One of the reasons I check this forum as opposed to my union or company "closed" forums is that I can easily get viewpoints from all angles. As to stirring the pot--it's hard to accuse someone of stirring the pot on a forum with a small population compared to those affected by all of the issues. If they mailed info to every member--that might be considered stirring the pot. Here, though, it's adding to the pot of ideas. You may not like the ideas but it is an open forum. All have a right to post. You can choose to not read the posts. If you only want to hear from people who are like minded go to a closed forum. Otherwise, while I don't agree with many of posters from other companies, I've learned a lot from them. Keep it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back