The Benfit Of Negotiating

Fatburger:

Fatburger said: “Sam chose his path. When UAIR fails, the employees will survive. It's human nature. Emotion aside, even you will be able to find employment outside of aviation.â€￾

USA320Pilot says: If this job fails, I do not need to go back to work. Do I want the company to fail and to quit flying? No, but I have options thanks to my wife.

However, I believe 80 to 90% of the employees do not otherwise they would not be working here.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

A320-

If management wants America West/JetBlue contracts, fine with me.

I am sorry, how many RJ's does AWA have? How many does JBLU have?

What does Neeleman make a year? I'll bet it is way closer to my pay than it is to Daves!

Every employee of U wants to see it succeed. However, it is a fact. U employees could work for free and it wouldn't make us on par with the LCC's. It must come from deep structural changes at U. Those changes, combined with a little more pain from the employees would change this company into a powerhouse.

The question is will management do it, or will they continue to wring their hands and tell the employees they are the problem.

Boomer

USA320Pilot said:
However, I believe 80 to 90% of the employees do not otherwise they would not be working here.
Simply based on the number of former US employees I've run across at other airlines, in other business, and, in one case, hired, I believe your view of your fellow employees to be (rather arrogantly) wrong.

USA320Pilot said:
737nCh11:

737nCh11 asked: Isn't your response to bob owens sort of the pot calling the kettle black? Every time some negative news comes out about UAL you seem to come out of the wood work. I think Bob brings up some valid points.

USA320Pilot answers: No, with all due respect, they're different. The information I have posted about a US Airways - United corporate transaction has been provided from reliable sources. However, when I post this information you and other United employees venture over to the US Airways board to "shoot the messenger". Then when some of the news I discussed becomes public knowledge I post the information, which is different from Bob Owens' AA diatribe.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Another difference is as you have stated this is a hobby for you since you can live off your wife. Well most of us need to earn a living and being cheated out of that by greedy corporate leaders and kept men like you is not in most peoples best interests.

So A320, you believe that you are the only guy who's going to stay home cleaning toilets, changing diapers and watching "As The World Turns" while your wife has power lunches with the boys? Do you honestly believe that 80 - 90% of the employees haven't planned for the future? OMG man, get real. The only difference between you and them, 80 - 90% of them won't see a DRASTIC change in next years W2. Everytime I think you've topped yourself in the insult department, you do it again. Yikes!

tic...toc....tic....toc...(watching the clock til the wife gets home with the bacon) :ph34r:

Bob Owens said:
USA320Pilot
Another difference is as you have stated this is a hobby for you since you can live off your wife. Well most of us need to earn a living and being cheated out of that by greedy corporate leaders and kept men is not in most peoples best interests. [/QUOTE]

You philosophy does wonders for the union’s image. If we were paid what we thought we were worth, we all would be rich. Oh says the union leader, what about that rich greedy corporate CEO making millions, why should he make that kind of money and I don’t, says the union leaders. So lets look at this. The CEO went on to further education, a lot further education. He most likely put his life on hold while he ran all over the world doing business, probably getting divorced in the process. Made deals that made many people rich while giving others a job that kept them off welfare. Does all the thinking, makes the decisions and takes the hit for the bad decisions. Loses his job on a whim because two quarters in a row he didn’t perform. Moved his family, his second family all over the country playing CEO…on and on. The union guy, he goes to work everyday to the same place comes home in 8 hours, not 16 or 20. All of a sudden the world turns upside down and things are bad, business changes drastically, and new kind of airline emerges called LCC. Now with the new world economy everyone takes a hit. And another thing happens, the CEO’s are now evil and not even fit to even spit on, corporate monsters that don’t deserve to live, how dare they live like they do, how dare those swine. Funny not long ago when everything was peachy, and everyone was working over time and there were a ton of jobs, no one heard complaining about the CEO’s and their evil ways, not then. Union balance I hear, and if you let them they balance it alright, twist and bent it until it breaks, just look at history and tell me, explain to me how the unions built up industries that are still here thriving. They are history, everyone of those good paying jobs are history, and now here were are, the last great place for the uneducated to make a good wage and the unions are still crying kill the CEO, tell them to stick it. Bob what else can I say, nothing is what.

uza said:
Made deals that made many people rich while giving others a job that kept them off welfare. Does all the thinking, makes the decisions and takes the hit for the bad decisions. Loses his job on a whim because two quarters in a row he didn’t perform. Moved his family, his second family all over the country playing CEO…
I thought we were supposed to be discussing US Airways here? :blink:

uza said:
Bob Owens said:
USA320Pilot
Another difference is as you have stated this is a hobby for you since you can live off your wife. Well most of us need to earn a living and being cheated out of that by greedy corporate leaders and kept men is not in most peoples best interests.
You philosophy does wonders for the union’s image. If we were paid what we thought we were worth, we all would be rich. Oh says the union leader, what about that rich greedy corporate CEO making millions, why should he make that kind of money and I don’t, says the union leaders. So lets look at this. The CEO went on to further education, a lot further education. He most likely put his life on hold while he ran all over the world doing business, probably getting divorced in the process. Made deals that made many people rich while giving others a job that kept them off welfare. Does all the thinking, makes the decisions and takes the hit for the bad decisions. Loses his job on a whim because two quarters in a row he didn’t perform. Moved his family, his second family all over the country playing CEO…on and on. The union guy, he goes to work everyday to the same place comes home in 8 hours, not 16 or 20. All of a sudden the world turns upside down and things are bad, business changes drastically, and new kind of airline emerges called LCC. Now with the new world economy everyone takes a hit. And another thing happens, the CEO’s are now evil and not even fit to even spit on, corporate monsters that don’t deserve to live, how dare they live like they do, how dare those swine. Funny not long ago when everything was peachy, and everyone was working over time and there were a ton of jobs, no one heard complaining about the CEO’s and their evil ways, not then. Union balance I hear, and if you let them they balance it alright, twist and bent it until it breaks, just look at history and tell me, explain to me how the unions built up industries that are still here thriving. They are history, everyone of those good paying jobs are history, and now here were are, the last great place for the uneducated to make a good wage and the union are still crying kill the CEO, tell them to stick it. Bob what else can I say, nothing is what. [/quote]
Oh so its that simple. Then why does Segal make more than Neeleman or Parker?

So CEOs are the only ones that made an investment in themselves?

CEOS are the only people who get divorced? Maybe if they stayed away from the secretaries their marriages wouldnt fail. Its certainly not "financial pressures, the number 1 cause of divorces for everyone else.

He made deals to make other rich? But not for himself? Come on, get real.

He gave people jobs to get them off Welfare, you mean he didnt hire them to perform the work that woulf make him rich? Where did all that money come from? Did it just majically appear or did all those welfare people provide customers with a service, let me guess the CEO could have done it all by himself right? He instead, unselfishly gave all those people jobs?

Does all the thinking? Well looking at the results he aint thinking so good.

Looses his job on a whim, but takes millions away as he walks out the door right?

Moved his family from one mansion to the next even though he had enough money to stop working and still live a very comfortable existance years ago.

The union guy dont do 8 and go home any more, he does 8 and goes to his second job.

If you like I will lower myself to spit on the next CEO if you think that will make him feel better.

No one heard complaints, you mean no one was listening.

Uza, buddy, that's all fun and good, but in U's case, the current executives have shown no acumen. None. Zero.

Again, I ask the question: why should employees put their future in the hands of proven losers?

There is a difference between a "CEO" and a "leader." You will note that companies that are consistantly profitable tend to have the latter type of individual at the helm.

In the case of US, this is a no brainer. Doing what I do for a living, I could have obtained any number of positions with US during/since the restructuring. I'd never do it, regardless of the compensation/benefit package offered/negotiated. Nobody wants to work for a loser.

Or, in the case of US, nobody wants to work for a bunch of underperforming losers with a poor track record and the arrogance/ego to match..

Fly:

I'll be on the soccer field, basketball court, watching gymnastic meets, or on the diamond. I'll be home every night too.

Will things change? Absolutely, but there could be benefits as well. I doubt the 8,600 unemployed Pittsburgh people can make the same comment.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. Tic...Toc...Tic...Toc

UZA,
Real nice post!!!! Nice to know that CCY thinks of all union members as "UNEDUCATED". Do yourself a favor and start reading some of the resume's of some of the "uneducated" persons who are working for U. Bill Gates is one "uneducated" person who come to mind who did not finish school......The employee's of U have many talents to draw from, but it seems most in CCY look at them only as a liability and not an asset.
Just because you have an Ivy League degree does not make you a CEO.....Just look at the top of U........

USA320Pilot said:
Fly:

I'll be on the soccer field, basketball court, watching gymnastic meets, or on the diamond. I'll be home every night too.

Will things change? Absolutely, but there could be benefits as well. I doubt the 8,600 unemployed Pittsburgh people can make the same comment.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

So you will get to be a soccer Mom. In other words things wont be that bad for you.

Well guess what the other employees will survive even if they dont have a sugar momma to take care of them!

Seems to me the people of Pittsburg have bounced back before, they will do it again. The city and the Airport are not going to shutdown if USAIR does. Someone else will move in.

USA320Pilot said:
Fly:

Regards,

USA320Pilot

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

USA320Pilot said:
Bob Owens:

As an AA employee every time the idea of contract changes come up you come out of the woods. Your motives are transparent. Your desire is for US Airways to fail so that AA has less competition.

Tic...Toc...Tic...Toc

Sincerely,

USA320Pilot
He reminds me of a poster that continually spouts off about UAL. How does it feel when the shoe is on the other foot? Most respectfully, Savy