Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Five Years

• Never

• Burn, Baby Burn!!!

• Total voters
I agree that UA will be around for the long hual, just not as presently structured and corporately governed. And certainly not with their current management team, where to them thinking outside the box means deciding between Cheerios or pop tarts!

Already took place with the 1Q numbers.

from the filing...

"The Company recorded a net reorganization gain of $22.9 billion in the combined first quarter of 2006, which was driven by the discharge of over $24.6 billion of claims and liabilities that had been recognized during the three-year restructuring process which began in late 2002."
Key word here is "GAIN". It says nothing about profit. USAir had the same type of "gain" fron BK related charges. Neither UA or US has this as a profit in the bank, or are they keeping it in an off shore account in case of consoildation? Surely they have it stashed away so no one will know about it, right?

Magsau:

First, your assumption that I am an “NWA personâ€￾ is dead wrong. I do not work for Northwest, an airline, or even in a related industry.
Stratocruiser, so your basically saying your nothing but a troll??

Troll- a newsgroup post that is deliberately incorrect, intended to provoke readers; or a person who makes such a post :down:

I think it's interesting that all the apologists for UAL are basically nonexistent on this board these days. Either the chatter is irrelevant, or they are reconsidering ....

Stratocruiser, so your basically saying your nothing but a troll??

Troll- a newsgroup post that is deliberately incorrect, intended to provoke readers; or a person who makes such a post :down:

Why is it that anyone who makes an anti-UAL post on this board is immediately given a less-than-glamorous label? In addition, what information in either of Strato's posts is "deliberately incorrect?"

Strato-LOSER,

You want to speculate-to take a vote- about UAL going back inbankruptcy and liquidating?
What do you think this is? Sixth grade?

If I were like you (a jerk) I'd want to gloat about the very real possibility of NWA never getting out of their current bankruptcy...But I'm not. I truly wish the best for the folks at NWA.

To hope to see 60,000+ people at UAL lose their livlihoods? What kind of person are you?

Coming over here to pick a fight when you have your own battle raging? What a loser. :down:

Why is it that anyone who makes an anti-UAL post on this board is immediately given a less-than-glamorous label? In addition, what information in either of Strato's posts is "deliberately incorrect?"

Jet Clipper, unless Strato-LOSER has a crystal ball asking "when" not "if" UAL will re-enter bankruptcy is incorrect in itself.

As far as UAL people getting angry about other airline people making anti-UAL posts in the UAL forum, well, if you can't figure that one out for yourself then I certainly can't help you.

Laura62,

I think you need to take a deep breath and count to 10. Like it or not, these boards exist to post commentary on subjects relating to each individual carrier, good and bad. This isn't the United Airlines Cheerleading Society. While I certainly haven't agreed with everything I've read on this board over time and still don't, I respect the fact that others have an opinion that differs from mine. I can tolerate the folks with VERY wild opinions and viewpoints without problem. That's what makes the world go 'round. What's disappointing are the folks like you who hurl insults at anyone who dares post something that you don't like. Can't you come up with a more intelligent and mature response than calling someone a "jerk"? Why not try debating and defending your point of view WITHOUT sinking to that level?

Laura62,
Like it or not, these boards exist to post commentary on subjects relating to each individual carrier, good and bad. end quote

Commentary? What he wrote wasn't commentary.

This isn't the United Airlines Cheerleading Society.
end quote

No, it's not. However for someone from another airline with many problems of their own to be kicking sand in our face? Yes, I will respond.

I can tolerate the folks with VERY wild opinions and viewpoints without problem. Can't you come up with a more intelligent and mature response than calling someone a "jerk"? Why not try debating and defending your point of view WITHOUT sinking to that level?
endquote

What level have I sunk to? I certainly am not
hoping for tens of thousands of people to lose their jobs at any company.

I stand by my "commentary".

Back