----------------
On 12/17/2002 5:10:10 PM mga707 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/17/2002 11:27:45 AM sdavis29 wrote:

Dire Straits?

----------------
[/blockquote]

Yep. "Industrial (changed to 'airline') Disease", with "ITV and BBC" Americanized to "ABC and CNN", and the last verse ("two men say they're Jesus, one of 'em must be wrong...") omitted.
Strange thing is, I was just listening to this very song on CD in the car not more than an hour ago!

----------------
[/blockquote]
the good old days....

[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/17/2002 7:22:48 PM tug_slug wrote:

How can anyone say the elimination of over 900 jobs equates to $45 mill?
----------------
[/blockquote]
The math looks pretty simple to me. 900 x 50,000 (I don't know, maybe an average of what these folks make?) = 45,000,000 on the nose.

I think this is a pretty dispicable way for the Daves and friends to extract more from the people that made this company. Why not some kind of attrition based system like other groups got? I know that times are tough, but this idea of holding a gun to the head of labor is just asking for a big mess!

Too late - the Pittsburgh CBS station proudly showed their 'exclusive copies' directly from union management. Looked just like what was on the web earlier today.

[STRONG][FONT size=3]Soon it will be picked up by the AP and we will see it on the national stations. Then it will get interesting. [BR][/FONT][/STRONG]