The uniform (TIE) is here!

WTF? What the hell is up with this email?

If I'm drunk I might bang out a post or two on here, but not write an email to 8000 people...

======================================================================
=======

Dear so-and-so,

Happy New Year Everyone! Good heavens we haven't chatted since last year. I hope everyone had a wonderful January 01, 2008

Knock, knock ...Who's there? ...Uniforms ...Uniforms who? ...Uniforms are arriving at your home in box after box. Ok it could have been better but at 2:00am that is the best I could come up with. Insomnia ...she ain't your friend.

What's the significance of this date?
Find out more below!

As of this past Monday, 1000 FA uniforms had been shipped. By the end of this week that number should be 4000. By the end of next week we should be at 5500 to 6000.

Now what?

Well, rip that box open and follow our simple little check list.

The packing slip...

1) Make sure that items that are listed on the packing slip are what is in the boxes.

2) Check the quantity of each of the items to ensure that you have not been shorted an item.

3) Try everything on (twice if necessary) to ensure the length and fit of the garments.

4) Now, if everything is correct than you're golden and you can move onto the next step... tailoring. However, if it isn't than you need to circle the problem items on your packing slip and flip it over and follow the return instructions.

Lets talk returns...

The uniform kind that is. After you have stated loudly "IT'S ABOUT TIME THIS STUFF ARRIVED!" you set aside the items that need to go back to TwinHill. You will have to pay for the return initially however you will be reimbursed by the company after you file an expense report with the original receipt (remember to keep a copy for your records). If you have questions about returning items you can contact [email protected], Candi, myself, your supervisor or the TwinHill customer service department.

TwinHill Returns
5630 Renwick
Houston, TX 77081
1-866-429-1026

When you return items it is best to do so with a company that can track the item such as FedEx (which we get an employee discount), UPS or with USPS by sending it certified mail. By doing it this way you protect yourself by having the item signed for and have a receipt of return.

Please initiate your returns/exchanges as soon as possible as it could take up to 2-3 weeks to complete the exchange. An important date to make note of to ensure that your items are sent back to you in time for the March 03 launch is February 08, 2008. This will be the last date for flight attendants to return garments to TwinHill for exchange.

Alterations...

Ok, and here we go. All alterations will be paid up front by you the employee with reimbursement by the company after you have filed an expense report with your supervisor which must be accompanied by the original itemized tailors receipt (remember to keep a copy for your records). Now, standard alterations can be done without supervisors authorization, but can be challenged if the expense is deemed "out of line." Example: John has his four pairs of pants tailored at Men's Wearhouse for $6.00 per pant for a total of $24.00. Result: Approved. Susan has her four pairs of pants tailored at Glamour Tailors for $16.00 per pant for a total of $64.00. Result: Possible challenge and denial of charges based on unreasonable expenses.

Now, here is the flip side of the alterations coin. If you have to have "construction alterations" it MUST BE pre-approved by your supervisor first. Again, the approval will be reviewed based on reasonable expenses and believe me your supervisor will do their homework. I do want to say that in no way is AFA, Candi, or I specifically promoting Men's Wearhouse, but keep in mind that they are they parent company of TwinHill who we have contracted to produce this uniform. So, if their tailors are telling you that certain alterations need to be done then you stand to have fewer questions and a faster approval from your supervisor. If you would like to know if a Men's Wearhouse is near you go online at www.menswearhouse.com to find any of the more than 550 Men's Wearhouse locations throughout the U.S.

Special Needs...

Those who need religious or medical accommodations may order approved garments, such as a modesty jumper. If you are allergic to wool, non-wool uniform alternatives are available as well, with a doctor's letter. Please keep in mind that medical notes for all medical accommodations must be maintained by the flight attendant to ensure that your employee file is up to date at all times. Should you need to change your order for these special needs please call TwinHill before February 08. If your shipment arrives before you're able to call, simply return your garments for an exchange - See your supervisor for details about any of these needs.

Gift Card...

We interrupt this e-line for important information just in via the Marketing Department... The gift card will not come in the shipment because people may receive multiple shipments. Instead, anyone who has placed an order will receive a thank you letter in the mail from TwinHill with the gift card attached. The gift cards will be mailed 1/14 so employees should have them no later than the week of 1/21.

When can I wear it...

Well, some of you bad little boys and girls have decided that it's the moment you open the box. However, the correct date is March 03, 2008. PLEASE, I am begging you. I am walking on my hands and knees people. I am pinching Candi black and blue. If I have to, I will sacrifice the entire MEC Council if it will ensure that you remain compliant and NOT wear your new uniform until the correct launch date of March 03, 2008. Candi and I have been contacted by various in-flight departments informing us that flight attendants have begun wearing their new uniform items and that they will take corrective action. This action could involve being removed from your trip for being "out of uniform" since the new uniform does not become the "official" uniform until MARCH 03, 2008. So just in case you haven't heard yet the uniform launch date is March 03, 2008 . From that day forward you can go wild as long as you remain compliant. There is one and only one exception and that is the all weather coat. You may wear your all weather coat upon it's arrival.

I need MORE STUFF...

I know that your asking yourself... How do I get more of these really cool uniforms items?

Well, let me tell you. The company is in the process of finalizing the payroll deduction IT information on the TwinHill website so that you will be to add to your wardrobe as you like. We anticipate having this function ready for use in March/April. Below is the list of uniforms items and their prices for your convenience.

What do the individual garments cost?

Unit Costs
Male Female
Two-Button Jacket $80.50 $75.95
Zip Jacket $41.45 $39.50
All-weather Coat $117.25 $116.50
Raincoat $39.50 $38.95
Long Sleeve Shirts $22.70 $20.15
Short Sleeve Shirts $20.60 $19.15
Zip-front Sweater $33.25 $31.70
Shell Sweater N/A $18.70
Pants $42.35 $34.75
Belt $12.25 $11.75
Tailored Top N/A $35.25
Skirt N/A $30.95
Zip Dress N/A $54.25
Serving Apron with name (FAs only) $9.25 $14.25
Ties $8.95 N/A
Scarves N/A $13.25
Polo (CSAs only) $14.50 $13.50
Skort N/A $44.75
Vest $31.65 $29.90

Whew! That was a lot of information. I am just exhausted. Candi and I appreciate all of you for taking the time to be up to date and informed. Now remember Candi is counting on all of you to keep her black and blue mark free. Pinch, Pinch.

Fly Fast Fly Safe

AFA MEC US Airways Uniform Chairs

Oh my God....Like did you get all that? I'm mean really, furrr shurrrrr. I totally know I did. Like totally tubular. Brian is a nice guy but those emails are just way over the top silly. :lol:

That was really uncalled for. EMBFA, I really expected better from you. I will just chalk this one up to getting caught in the heat of the moment. You have nobody to blame except your very own MEC East President Mike Flores for the profit "sharing".
And to think the Profit "Sharing" would of been nothing without the Trailor Park? Regardless, blame your East MEC, not US Westies. :p

Gonna be scary :shock: wearing that without the rest of the uniform.

I now have 1 blue tie to wear. :up:

Anyone else receive ANY part of their new uniform yet?
I recieved a large box on Monday that contained everything except the s/s and l/s white shirts, l/s striped shirt and they sent me 2 heritage blue mock neck turtle neck's instead of 1 sky blue and 1 heritage..other than that my order looks complete.

I just received my uniform parts today. I must say I am pleased with the quality and the fit of most things. It is nice to have shirts that aren't paper thin. I DID have to return the sweaters and mocks as they were sized too big. Am I the only one that encountered that problem with those items? One item I actually liked was the Magtag repairman jacket....but I have shoulders so I don't look like a gas pumper. LOL!! And sit down, I like the vest I found the sweater/mock to be VERY comfortable. I hate they were too big, but I don't want to be frumpy looking.

WTF? What the hell is up with this email?

If I'm drunk I might bang out a post or two on here, but not write an email to 8000 people...

======================================================================
=======

Dear so-and-so,

Happy New Year Everyone! Good heavens we haven't chatted since last year. I hope everyone had a wonderful January 01, 2008

Knock, knock ...Who's there? ...Uniforms ...Uniforms who? ...Uniforms are arriving at your home in box after box. Ok it could have been better but at 2:00am that is the best I could come up with. Insomnia ...she ain't your friend.

Fly Fast Fly Safe

AFA MEC US Airways Uniform Chairs

Good Heavens ! I feel ill!

Knock, Knock, Who's there?
RALPH.....

I can't believe that someone is talking down to me like this in a business communication. I feel like a Kindergardener being told to put on their fingerpainting smock.

This is not informal or casual , it is insulting in its immaturity.

Lack of sleep is not an excuse for this. And if it is lack of sleep I suggest you make Ambien your friend because insomnia is making you sound like you have a personality disorder.

Uniform Chairs....from the bad little boys and girls......Grow up.

I finally got my uniforms today. I didn't get everything though. I got my skirt which is several inches above my knees, just the way I like it. I actually wish it were shorter. Oh well. I'll have to pull my skirt down in the crew room though so I don't get a ticket from the fashion police. My skort is also several inches above my knees but they said two inches was OK so I think I can get by. I ordered a long sleeve shirt which I like. My arms are short so when I rolled the sleeves up it looked really cute with the stripes. I also ordered a short sleeve shirt and the 3/4 sleeve shirt. They look nice. What doesn't look cute is wearing the blouses tucked in. I will have to wear a sweater or vest over my blouses at all times. It just doesn't look good. I ordered the star trek sweaters. They look fine but I don't think they will hold up very well. I can already see fuzz balls on it. The material is also thinner than I remembered it being which is good because it won't be so hot in the summer months. I ordered the vest. It is OK. It needs some tailoring so it will be more form fitting. I received my two button blazer. I ordered it one size up because I was afraid it would be too small after I have my blouse on and plus I want to tailor it as well so it will look better so I need something to work with. That's the size they told me to get, but then told me to get a big size in everything and of course I didn't listen. I got the smallest size available. I didn't receive any of my pants. That's going to be interesting if I have to trek through the snow in a skort or skirt. Ugh! I also didn't receive my winter coat either. Oh, I did get my belt, scarf, and apron. I think I already got a run in my scarf. It is paper thin. Ladies, be careful with your fingernails if you plan on wearing the scarf. Otherwise you might tear holes in it. There are some other things I didn't receive but I can't remember. Oh well. Overall, I like the new uniforms. I wish the quality were better. It will be overwhelming with all the choices. I'm used to wearing the same thing all the time - pants, short sleeve shirt, sweater, blazer. Now I will actually get to mix and match put something together. I'm still at a loss as to what type of shoes to wear with some of these things. I mean, when I wear the sweaters and skort it looks so casual. Instead of wearing a nice pair of heels, I need to find a pair of really cute shoes with a small and cute heel. That's all for now.

Just Recieved Mine Today! WOOHOO!! I Like It!! Everything Fits PERFECT!! I'm Wearing My New Winter Coat On My Next Trip!! I Have To Say I'm VERY Impressed!! Thank God For COLOR!! :up: Was Only Short A Couple Of Ties And The Mock Neck Sweater.. :eek:

Latest posts

Back