UNIFORM DELAYED AGAIN

S.O.S. Save Our Ship. I wish someone would respond.

it is sort of like the russians. they have submarine at the bottom of the ocean, but wait until everyone on board is one breath from death, and then they look for someone to save them.

Once this place goes down, who will Sherri send her emails to? Maybe she can start emailing the people who'll be with her on the unemployment line...

I agree! Mgmt doesn't seem to be in a hurry to have us work under one contract. As long as they continue to drag their feet, we should wear our current uniforms. We won't be ready to wear them until then anyway.

At least the West Pilots and Flight Attendants seem to take some pride in presenting a professional, well groomed appearance even while wearing their current uniforms.

It just seems the East looks quite ragtag in comparison, as a group. One observes every variation of uniform and self-made combination of garments when viewing the East Pilots and F/A's. While some of this can be attributed to a significant loss of morale over the past 5 years, most of it falls the individuals choice to disregard company standards and do their own thing. Regrettably, management chooses not to uphold their own policies on this matter, for whatever reason.

The operative word here is "UNIFORM", and USAirways frontline employees have a long way to go to achieve that standard.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
u·ni·form /ˈyunəˌfɔrm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[yoo-nuh-fawrm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. identical or consistent, as from example to example, place to place, or moment to moment: uniform spelling; a uniform building code.
2. without variations in detail: uniform output; a uniform surface.
3. constant; unvarying; undeviating: uniform kindness; uniform velocity.
4. constituting part of a uniform: to be issued uniform shoes.
5. Mathematics. occurring in a manner independent of some variable, parameter, function, etc.: a uniform bound.
–noun 6. an identifying outfit or style of dress worn by the members of a given profession, organization, or rank.
7. a word used in communications to represent the letter U.
–verb (used with object) 8. to make uniform or standard.
9. to clothe in or furnish with a uniform.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1530–40; < L ūnifōrmis (adj.), equiv. to ūni- uni- + -fōrmis -form]

—Related forms
u·ni·form·ly, adverb
u·ni·form·ness, noun

Mr. Mock Turtleneck Model sez:

It could be worse! You could be wearing a NEW uniform to match your limited job skills!

You should be thankful you still have a job!

0oe6bsw4.jpg

At least the West Pilots and Flight Attendants seem to take some pride in presenting a professional, well groomed appearance even while wearing their current uniforms.

It just seems the East looks quite ragtag in comparison, as a group. One observes every variation of uniform and self-made combination of garments when viewing the East Pilots and F/A's. While some of this can be attributed to a significant loss of morale over the past 5 years, most of it falls the individuals choice to disregard company standards and do their own thing. Regrettably, management chooses not to uphold their own policies on this matter, for whatever reason.

The operative word here is "UNIFORM", and USAirways frontline employees have a long way to go to achieve that standard.

Part of the problem with our uniforms is that every time I try to order new pieces, Cintas tells me they are out. I have tried to order a new dress, new blazers, and new sweaters multiple times over the last two years, but they are completely out of my size and tell me they won't be getting me anymore! WTF? I was able to get some shirts though. I ordered new pants but they don't fit and they look horrible, the crotch at my knees, big and baggy in the hips and waist, it is hideous...so I continue to wear my old pants. They still look fine, but I shouldn't be having to wear uniform pieces that I got 8 years ago.

Stop complaining already and quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know it always strikes me that the people that say this are the ones that could never get hired anywhere else. So if you don't like hearing the complaning then YOU quit and go back to walmart where you came from!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, I would say the exact same thing about some of the AW crews I have seen. Sorry, but I have seen my fair share of professionally dressed crews on BOTH sides of this merger; as well as "ragtag".

Funny you say this, I was in the PHX crew lounge this past month and I thought the same thing about the West F/A's. :down:

First of all, the two sets of crews rarely see each other. Both have some terrible looking employees. I'm generalizing, but what I've observed of the west crews is that people with a few years under their belt seem to look and act more professional. The west new hires, which I understand usually tend to be temporary help, seem to be the ones looking ragged. Maybe they are not issuing new west uniforms at this time, but I saw a few that didn't even resemble F/As. Usually a new hire still wants to play the part.

The opposite tends to be true on the east, they have some newer (only a decade lol) F/As that make that wretched thing actually look really good, tailored and crisp. Then you have some senior ones that look like homeless people in torn sweaters. If I had my way the sweaters would be allowed only on the aircraft during rest times, they look terrible. Don't get me started on the guys with no ties or all the F/As that no longer wear wings or epaulettes. I'm embarassed to work for this company too but I still take pride in myself and my profession. From afar people can't see the symbol anyway. Sadly, a lot of us used to take great pride in that logo...

Like I said, both of those are generalizations. I flew with a lady recently with nearly 30 years who looked every bit a classic stewardess, just her presentation, demeanor and the way she wore that uniform exuded class. In fact, we could all take a hint from our number one F/A who is as much a class act today as she was when she started half a century ago.

And Jetsetter, maybe you should forward the definition of 'uniform' and 'uniformity' to your buddies Travis and Kevin. 80 different colors and styles do not make a uniform, they make a chintzy QVC wardrobe. Please inform them that a blazer over a polo is not "business" as hilariously claimed in the cringeworthy video we had to watch in Envoy training. Perhaps one throws a blazer on for the spring fling at the trailer court, but it is certainly not "business" attire.

Cintas is running out of uniform pieces AND they have depleted a large quanity of sizes what are new hires and current employees to do. I am sure that the company gave cintas a deadline to stop making uniform pieces

Hi there Jetsetter. You've been gone for a few. Did ya get lost in a clothing rack? I have a GREAT question in regards to the recalls that will be here soon. If these folks retuning don't have any uniform pieces what are they going to wear? They can't wear the new uniform nor have they order any. What will these flight attendants returning to work wear? And a management person reading this is now looking left and right blnking. :blink: WHA, WHA, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT! ! ! ! :blink:

If these folks retuning don't have any uniform pieces what are they going to wear? They can't wear the new uniform nor have they order any. What will these flight attendants returning to work wear?
It will be resolved with the upcoming merger.

Hi there Jetsetter. You've been gone for a few. Did ya get lost in a clothing rack? I have a GREAT question in regards to the recalls that will be here soon. If these folks retuning don't have any uniform pieces what are they going to wear? They can't wear the new uniform nor have they order any. What will these flight attendants returning to work wear? And a management person reading this is now looking left and right blnking. :blink: WHA, WHA, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT! ! ! ! :blink:

Hi Travelpro...thanks for thinking of me , but no I didnt get lost in the clothing rack...actually have been assisting my peers with uniform reimbursements and answering their concerns regarding the uniform.

You might want to write to Mr Paul Kinsey regarding the recalled flight attendants attire. As we still have the last 3 classes of new hires here on the West that were only given 1 shirt/1 pant/skirt and a blazer since they were told they would only be in it for a month. These same new hires still can not even place their order as they await management to provide a dollar allotment to be payroll deducted. I am curious to see the next 9 new hire classes set to begin end of March how they will be provided uniforms as well.

We have been trying to help out our fellow peers get uniform pieces to help them get by until the new roll out. Many of caring FAs have been cleaning out their closets of their current uniform in order to make room for their new uniform. They have been bringing in gently used and even some brand new (with tags still attached) to donate for those in need.

Is it possible for those who are taking the separation package to donate their pieces to help out their peers in their bases?

Jet