UNIFORM DELAYED AGAIN

<SNIP> Many of caring FAs have been cleaning out their closets of their current uniform in order to make room for their new uniform. They have been bringing in gently used and even some brand new (with tags still attached) to donate for those in need.
That sounds like a charity drive in the wake of a major catastrophe!

Oh, wait, wasn’t catastrophe one of the words in the “Describe US in one wordâ€￾ thread?

I actually have some uniform pieces such as shirts and pants that are brand new that I could donate. They are current east pieces. The thing that kills me is the unprofessionalism of it all. The WHOLE uniform from inception to "choking" roll out has been as big a debacle as oooooh the east a/c reconfig. It's the fact that EMPLOYEES have to bail out the inbreds in management to provide new hires out west or recalls here on the east with basic uniform pieces. The stupidity is so high I'm surprised nobody has drown in the dum dum pool yet. :rolleyes:

We ran into the same problem at MidAtlantic, once they got down the recall list to the people who had been terminated and therefore had every stitch taken bck from them. The company wanted them to go out on line in genric navy pants and white shirts. Thankfully the union did something right and made the company pay them until the newly ordered uniforms came, and they need to do the same this time. It's illegal to pose as a crewmember.

And you know what, if they do make people wear street clothes then I'm showing up in a royal blue Roberto Cavalli dress with flagless wings. If others don't have to wear the uniform, then why should we.

We ran into the same problem at MidAtlantic, once they got down the recall list to the people who had been terminated and therefore had every stitch taken bck from them. The company wanted them to go out on line in genric navy pants and white shirts. Thankfully the union did something right and made the company pay them until the newly ordered uniforms came, and they need to do the same this time. It's illegal to pose as a crewmember.

And you know what, if they do make people wear street clothes then I'm showing up in a royal blue Roberto Cavalli dress with flagless wings. If others don't have to wear the uniform, then why should we.

Unlike MidTitanic I do believe that in either the Manual or Contract (perhaps both) it states that a FA can work the AC in regular clothes. I forget the exact wording, but it is in one of those. Looking for something recently, I came across it but did not pay much attention to it, so I do not remember which one it was in or under what circumstances it was allowed.

Seems this is going to cause quite an issue and if your listening Flores and MEC, we have already gone though this so we are not changing the standing practice on the issue.

Straight from the IEM-REV 01 Section 2-2 Work and Conduct Rules

Flight attendant must comply with all Work and Conduct rules/Code of Conduct. Violation of one or more of the following policies and procedures may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.

25. When on duty, fail to wear the complete, prescribed flight attendant uniform or wear unauthorized items.

When I came back from recall we had problems getting our uniforms because of Cintas and the unavailability of pieces that we needed. I talked to one f/a and he was told he could wear his own navy pants to work. Well, he tried that and was later told he couldn't work that trip because he wasn't wearing the required uniform, which means he couldn't work until he had his uniform pieces. Call the AFA and ask if it is legal to wear your own pants or blazer or shirt or whatever. Guess what they will tell you? The only way you supposed are allowed to wear a different shirt or something is if you can provide documentation that you are allergic to it. That's what I heard anyway. Ironically, my uniform sweaters have holes in them and it looks horrible and I can't get a replacement so sorry but I do wear my own sweater with wings on it in the winter. I really don't care though. I am cold natured, especially when standing in the Northeast out in the cold. Plus, my white shirt looks like a box and it is constantly getting untucked and I have to wear a sweater over it just so I can at least look halfway presentable. Nobody has ever said a single word to me, EVER, not even supervisors! I remember the days when I got in trouble for not wearing any nail polish since we had to at least have on a clear coat and I didn't take my earrings out after being quick called and rushing to the airport and I had two pairs in instead of just one. Imagine me, a new hire still on probation getting stopped in the airport or being told while on the airplane while serving f/c and having a supervisor sitting up there discreetly whispering those words in my ear that I am out of compliance and why. Wow! Where have our standards gone? We really have no standards now! I was in Vegas a while back and the agent was showing us her skirt and all the f/as were oohing and ahhing over it and how nice it was and how great it looked with her uniform. LOL! I see people wear their own things fairly often but nobody seems to care.

:blink: Sherri, Here's a question for you...
With the recalls being called back, there are quite a few that has no old US uniforms. (When they were
furloughed they had to return their uniforms.)
Here's the question...what are they to wear? Cintas has no uniforms to issue.
Did your great Tempe team think of this?
Are you going to ask them to drive to Walmart and pick up some blue paints and white shirts...LOL or perhaps you can buy back some of the old Sh!t from the F/A that took the buyout. JM should make sure those F/A are pay protected until they are able to use the uniform those F/A have been issued. :huh: :huh:

That sounds like a charity drive in the wake of a major catastrophe!

Oh, wait, wasn’t catastrophe one of the words in the “Describe US in one wordâ€￾ thread?
I can just see the ad campaign now----- "Won't you please help by donating your old new uniform pieces"
SALLY-STRUTHERS.jpg
[/img]

LOL -

Sherri Shambles, vice president of inflight services for US Airways, is responsible for overseeing the airline's 7,000-plus flight attendants and all facets of on-board products and services. (That explains a lot )She previously held the post of managing director, inflight services at US Airways (I think they mean America West).

Shamblin is a 20-year veteran of the airline industry. She joined America West Airlines in 1986 as a flight attendant and soon moved up in the ranks in station customer service, shift supervision, system baggage performance and later, station manager at Burbank and Indianapolis. Shamblin also held management positions in passenger services and ground operations at Los Angeles International Airport before rejoining InFlight Services as a director. (Translation - you screw up in station customer service, shift supervision, system baggage performance and later, station manager at Burbank and Indianapolis you get promoted)

She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Resources from Western International University and spent three years stationed in Japan with the United States Navy.

...says nothing about uniforms...

Shamblin is a 20-year veteran of the airline industry. She joined America West Airlines in 1986 as a flight attendant

Sherri was hired on as a Fully Cross Utilized CSR (Customer Service Representative). Although she was inflight qualified, she rarely...and I do mean RARELY flew. She has no personal knowledge through experience of what a Flight Attendant does.