This Sux

For any internal posting I think it is always a good idea to find out the hiring manager and HR recruter and e-mail them your resume seperatly to.

But my point is, if you want to fly then don't limit yourself to US. Take your talents and desires to Delta, Southwest, or to any other airline that is looking to restock their flight attendant ranks in the near future. And, while doing so, don't give up on US!

Or, as I have advised acquaintances of mine who want to apply for pilot and F/A positions, apply to all the airlines, and make US Airways your last choice -- sort of like a "safety school" when you were applying to colleges.

Reactions: 1 person
The initial "review" is being done by an outside firm and knows NOTHING of your work ethics (i.e. call offs, tardiness, etc)

I also have a friend that received the "thanks but no thanks" letter.

I did a bit of investing and found out that (at least in his case) the "form" letter is just that... a form letter. One may or may not be still in the running for a position, just not at this time.

I found out in my "investigation" that MANY factors can automatically disqualify you. Mainly, how you answered questions.

For example...

When we were all hired years ago, we got our passports during training. You now are REQUIRED to have a valid passport or you are disqualified.

Do you have a valid passport? NO bye bye!

Are you going to quit your current job if you get a postion as a flight attendant with US Airways? NO bye bye!

They are also really searching for people with multiple languages not just English.

So, those that do speak more than one language are going to get called before anybody esle.

Most of us would probably NOT get called if we applied today. lol

If you truly want to be a flight attendant, go to an airline that has growth and doesn't have a "death grip" on catering to those with 35 plus years!

Some of these senior mamas are collecting their PBGC (Shuttle) and their Social Security (they are old) and flying International making upwards of 100 grand a year.... they aren't going ANYWHERE anytime soon!!!

I understand that all airlines have their issues, but none compare to the crooked BS that we put up with here at US Airways!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Actually, you can. I'm in the process of applying for Social Security because I turn 66 next March. It used to be that there was a limit on your earnings AND drawing SS unless you were 70 years old. The only restriction now is that you must wait until you are eligible for full SS (age 65 or 66 depending on birth year), and if you do, there is no limit to your earnings. That is not to say that you won't "pay a price." Those SS payments will be subject to full taxation as long as you are working. At $100,000/yr income, the bite would be at the top rates, I'm sure.

The SS reduction of $1 SS for every $2 earned applies only if you start taking SS early--like at 62.

If you truly want to be a flight attendant, go to an airline that has growth and doesn't have a "death grip" on catering to those with 35 plus years!

Some of these senior mamas are collecting their PBGC (Shuttle) and their Social Security (they are old) and flying International making upwards of 100 grand a year.... they aren't going ANYWHERE anytime soon!!!

According to my sources, there are only 13 Senior Mamma's that are 66 or older and still flying with 35 plus years. So, catering to them would be rather silly.

Are you going to quit your current job if you get a postion as a flight attendant with US Airways? NO bye bye!
Twicebaked a flight attendant position for any airline is not the one for you. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but most airlines do not allow crewmembers to work a second job much less one outside of the airline industry. You have to get permission from the company in order to do so.
We do not make the money with the airline that you must think that we do. If there are any flight attendants that make 100k a year. In fact if there are any that do make that kind of money I would like to know who they are so I can shake their hand.
Were you aware that the f/a group took a huge pay cut back before the airline filed for bankiruptcy and has not been brought back up to that pay yet?
If you are wanting to make big money this is not the job for you. If you do not want to quit your current job and relocate to another city (what you pretty much have to do when you are first hired ) then this is not the job for you.

According to my sources, there are only 13 Senior Mamma's that are 66 or older and still flying with 35 plus years. So, catering to them would be rather silly.

What? lol No one is sayinig cater to them (our union contracts do) ... Point being that we have flight attendants that have been here a very very long time and they aren't leaving.... so, go to an airline that has attrition....

Twicebaked a flight attendant position for any airline is not the one for you. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but most airlines do not allow crewmembers to work a second job much less one outside of the airline industry. You have to get permission from the company in order to do so.
We do not make the money with the airline that you must think that we do. If there are any flight attendants that make 100k a year. In fact if there are any that do make that kind of money I would like to know who they are so I can shake their hand.
Were you aware that the f/a group took a huge pay cut back before the airline filed for bankiruptcy and has not been brought back up to that pay yet?
If you are wanting to make big money this is not the job for you. If you do not want to quit your current job and relocate to another city (what you pretty much have to do when you are first hired ) then this is not the job for you.

Mustang.... I AM A FLIGHT ATTENDANT!!!!!
I am quite aware of the cuts and workings of the industry, probably more so than you....
And YES there are flight attendants at US that are making upwards of $100K
I have had other jobs while at US and I DID NOT ask permission to work them

The question on the application is one that can disqualify you.... PERIOD!
I was told this by management and it IS FACT!

I don't know why people have to over diasect everything that someone posts!!! Now I remember why on don't come on here anymore

Mustang.... I AM A FLIGHT ATTENDANT!!!!!
I am quite aware of the cuts and workings of the industry, probably more so than you....
And YES there are flight attendants at US that are making upwards of $100K
I have had other jobs while at US and I DID NOT ask permission to work them

The question on the application is one that can disqualify you.... PERIOD!
I was told this by management and it IS FACT!

I don't know why people have to over diasect everything that someone posts!!! Now I remember why on don't come on here anymore

Twickbaked then maybe you should leave the kitchen since you can't take the heat. Remember you do not know my seniority either! I do know that you must ask permission from the company if you want to work a second job! Check it out just like we did. It does state it. Guess you will do that since you have someone within management person that you inquired about the question on the application.
So if you cannot accept that someone will respond to your posts then maybe you should not post.

Twickbaked then maybe you should leave the kitchen since you can't take the heat. Remember you do not know my seniority either! I do know that you must ask permission from the company if you want to work a second job! Check it out just like we did. It does state it. Guess you will do that since you have someone within management person that you inquired about the question on the application.
So if you cannot accept that someone will respond to your posts then maybe you should not post.

LOL... Has nothing to do with the "heat"...
It is just the fact that people can't just take the information for what it is worth... Everyone has to spin it or refute it. It's a bit annoying

LOL... Has nothing to do with the "heat"...
It is just the fact that people can't just take the information for what it is worth... Everyone has to spin it or refute it. It's a bit annoying

So in other words your comment is the correct one and no one else should respond?!?! That is not what this board is about. If it were then would you be on here making the same comments using your real name? The whole point of this board are the discussions. If you do not want to participate then that of course is your choice, but to expect others not to respond to your comments on a discussion board is definitely unrealistic!!!! :rolleyes:

This is what i don't get. I applied for the FA Spot and they just email me back saying we moved on to better people. SO why cant i get an interview. There going to hire off the street when I work for US already. This is my dream now what should I do who can i talk to? do I have to wate now till they hire again?

I'm sorry to hear about this, but hopefully you'll get a call eventually! I know they were flooded with many thousands of applications and that the online application had very specific questions that had to be answered a certain way. If even one of those questions was the "wrong" answer, the applicant received a rejection letter. For instance, they require you to have a current passport and a lot of applicants did not. That's an automatic disqualifier.

I've always had a second job while flying and the company doesn't care if you have a second job. If you are out on a long time medical leave or long term disability and can't do our job, then you need permission from the company to work at another job. I have heard that there are over 8000 applicants so far for the 320 jobs. I guess if you are asked as a prospective employee if you would give up your current job and if you said "no", then you would be eliminated. And yes, if you don't have a passport, you could be eliminated. Guess out of 8000, the company doesn't need to wait for paperwork etc. and the time it takes to get a passport when they can choose applicants that are all set.

Latest posts