This Sux

I've always had a second job while flying and the company doesn't care if you have a second job. If you are out on a long time medical leave or long term disability and can't do our job, then you need permission from the company to work at another job. I have heard that there are over 8000 applicants so far for the 320 jobs. I guess if you are asked as a prospective employee if you would give up your current job and if you said "no", then you would be eliminated. And yes, if you don't have a passport, you could be eliminated. Guess out of 8000, the company doesn't need to wait for paperwork etc. and the time it takes to get a passport when they can choose applicants that are all set.
Me too, I've always had a second job and have never 'requested' permission from the company. The inflight office has always known about my other job and ask me about it frequently. Mustang Sally is not totally correct on her literal interpretation of this rule. Also, there are definitely F/As who collect 100k in total compensation, Mustang Sally does not know these individuals either:) They are at a certain age, collecting SS, and they are also collecting pensions from US and EA or other places of employment such as the military or private sector while continuing to fly here. Sally, have you ever heard of a lady named Betty or June Kay in DCA?