TWU Headcount Changes

The A319's  CFM-5 engines won't need servicing for years, the 737's CFM-7 volumes drop
off dramatically this year. I could be wrong but I think that is because many of them were 
pulled early 2 years ago for the J-hook problem.

bigjets said:

Those guys can avoid the lower classification and the loss of $10k by transferring to ORD and JFK, not to many mechs on those transfer lists, there's even guys with 2014 seniority at those stations. 
The $10k affected mechanics think they are preserving will easily be lost by paying rent in NY or CHI, even sharing an apartment. Then add in other living expenses and CSing days off one way, and all of a sudden that transfer to JFK or ORD doesn't make sense. Never mind time spent away from family.
At JFK we still have former TWA mechanics commuting to Kansas City. Let me tell you, it is taking their toll on them. They are still waiting for a miracle about getting recalled or transferred to STL.

Reactions: 1 person
Overspeed said:
Or representing AA/TWU members for that matter...
So let me ask again, you believe we missed an opportunity by not putting Videtich in?

MetalMover said:
The $10k affected mechanics think they are preserving will easily be lost by paying rent in NY or CHI, even sharing an apartment. Then add in other living expenses and CSing days off one way, and all of a sudden that transfer to JFK or ORD doesn't make sense. Never mind time spent away from family.
At JFK we still have former TWA mechanics commuting to Kansas City. Let me tell you, it is taking their toll on them. They are still waiting for a miracle about getting recalled or transferred to STL.
Truth be spoken.

I'm hearing that AMTOs on the docks who can't really do any work besides load seats and put down carpet due to the contract language will be placed in OSM shops with vacancies and mechanics from turbine building will go to the docks.
AMTO classification was the dumbest thing AA/TWU ever did. It got rid of a very efficient Fleet Service operation and put higher paid people doing that job!

2ndGENAMT said:
I'm hearing that AMTOs on the docks who can't really do any work besides load seats and put down carpet due to the contract language will be placed in OSM shops with vacancies and mechanics from turbine building will go to the docks.
AMTO classification was the dumbest thing AA/TWU ever did. It got rid of a very efficient Fleet Service operation and put higher paid people doing that job!
Yet another obstacle to deal with come JCBA.....I'm sure the new management loves this one.

So the transfer list is now frozen per local 514. Good luck to my friends in TAESL.

So.. does this mean all the additions of manpower the Local 591 leadership so gleefully announced and now on hold pending the 514 layoff?

I figure the vacancies at DFW and DWH will now be filled by the folks in the RIF. The 42 guys at TAESL will most likely be the ones filling those spots. As I understand it DWH has 36 vacancies and DFW has 24.

dvlhog212 said:
I figure the vacancies at DFW and DWH will now be filled by the folks in the RIF. The 42 guys at TAESL will most likely be the ones filling those spots. As I understand it DWH has 36 vacancies and DFW has 24.
Whaaaaat? So there is a rif in taesel? of 42? I thought the openings around the system during a freeze is offered the the rif'd people? and theres another rif in tulsa??

Oh ok.  well I guess that-ll prevent the high timers in taesel from coming over....

Latest posts