U Service

ex-u pilot

Dec 29, 2002
I must complement U and its flight crews on the absolutely fantastic service they provide. I was a pax in first class on a transcon 767 last week. The food was awesome, the service was awesome, and the 767 is a perfect transcon chariot.

Wishing U management cared about getting 50 more widebodies for the transcons as much as they care about gutting the employees checkbooks and careers.

Wake Up DAVE

Wake up Dave???? You are nuts! He''s by far the BEST CEO this company has ever seen and doing a tremendous job in the most difficult time this industry has ever faced. Could you run the company any better than he has!?!? Doubtful!

The best ceo this company has ever had?????????? Dude your confusing an event with the airline industry that anyone would have to deal with the way he has. When your down as bad as we were there are no alternatives. Im not saying he isnt a good ceo, but he is by no means the best. When your tinkering on the verge of chap 7 whats the alternative to an employee,? Go under or take the cuts? No i think the true test of daves ablities will show (or the lack of) when we are out of bk and times are normal again. Frankly i dont think he will be around for more than another year if that .

What, exactly, did Dave S. have to work with when he signed on? He''s had to clean up the wreckage of neglect and greed left by Wolf, the bad decisions made by Gangwal and the effects of a depressed economy.

That USAirways is still here is amazing. That we still have employees who give a darn about the level of service we deliver is amazing. That we have loyal and devoted passengers who continue to fly on us after Ben B.''s "love letter" to them is astounding.

I think Dave is here for the long haul. I''m willing to give him a chance. Don''t blame him for having to clean up the mess left by others. I''m hoping my many friends will have jobs to come back to once the war is over and the economy picks up.

This industry will never be the same. We have to face the future with determination. The past stinks, no denying that, but we all need to make some seriously hard personal choices. Stay and work smarter for a future or move on and get a foothold in a new career that might be more rewarding.

Yes, actually, I believe I COULD run this company. Having worked in reservations, I have the ability to LISTEN when people talk. I certainly would listen to the people who lost their pensions years ago. And I certainly would take the $35 million to pay certain fat cats who already sucked the blood out of our veins and spend it on a program to help families make it through tough times. I sure don''t go home to a $1.5 million home in McLean!

I may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but as the mother of 6 kids I DO know how to stretch a buck, multi-task and organize. The best CEO would be a mom!

----------------
On 3/22/2003 7:25:14 PM usfliboi wrote:

The best ceo this company has ever had?????????? Dude your confusing an event with the airline industry that anyone would have to deal with the way he has. When your down as bad as we were there are no alternatives. Im not saying he isnt a good ceo, but he is by no means the best. When your tinkering on the verge of chap 7 whats the alternative to an employee,? Go under or take the cuts? No i think the true test of daves ablities will show (or the lack of) when we are out of bk and times are normal again. Frankly i dont think he will be around for more than another year if that .

----------------​

USfliboi,

I bleieve you are right. This management who agreed to their concessions and bonus forfeiture through 2004, will not be here after everything is in place. They will "cash-in" on their notoriety and go in the open market and name their price. We as labor, did that for them. Just as Dr. Bronner said in one of his latest interviews in Asso. Press, he is only staying with the airline one -two years. They will make their money off our backs and take off. They will probably put us up for sale, or United will take us, and we will be the "Low cost feeder" for them. IMO.

It will be interesting to watch if I stick around here that long.

Once that 5% pay cut comes in, I don't think that staying with this company for the next 6 years and wasting close to a decade of my working years is worth it. The profit sharing/equity AFA has in our agreement will not even return the 401K stock I lost in any remote way, let alone wage and benefit reductions given. I just have to hope I don't get ill or diabled in any way from now until I find something else, otherwise, I could lose everything I ever worked for in past years. We lost many health and welfare benefits in our agreements. I believe many of us are facing this issue.

I am truly saddened by all that has transpired these past 6 months to our labor groups. I hear individual stories all day long, and I don't know how much more I can take from this mangement.
8.gif

----------------
On 3/22/2003 7:19:17 PM LavMan wrote:

[FLAME DELETED]

----------------​
[I bet it was a good one though!]

----------------
On 3/23/2003 8:34:49 PM PineyBob wrote:

Like they say about the events of the day. Winning the war will be easy, it''s winning the peace that''s the challenge. Dave IMHO is in the same boat. He saved the airline! Now he has to rebuild morale, fend off competition, turn a profit and ultimately grow the enterprise.
----------------​

You''re correct. Remember, Churchill was voted out of office after Britain had prevailed in WWII...