Hawaii In-flight Service on HP

I just spent $931.20 for two tickets for an hour trip, if it takes that long.

The trip should take that long; however, you will sit on the runway for an hour while they struggle to get the weight and balance numbers in :rolleyes:

The Piedmont I worked for encouraged you to basically give away the house to make the customer happy. It was the "you are doing too much for the passenger" rhetoric from USAir that eventually embittered many Piedmonsters and caused them to go by the book and give you NOTHING!!! :down: :down:

I didn't work for PI. I do have many friends who are based in CLT. They have confirmed what I have experineced personally.
Now, blanket statements are never accurate, however my experinece has been while D/Hing. No H2O, No headsets, no nothing. Again, to generalize does a diservice to everyone.
The argument that I have heard is that this will cost the company(Piedmont) money. I have, on the other hand have been happy to offer amenities to D/H crews. Even CLT crews are eager and grateful for the consideration given them. It would seem to be only common professional courtesy. We can only speak for ourselves but I have noticed this on a consistant basis over my 20yrs. No insult intended, thought I was articulating a cultural teaching from the old PI days.

No, I didn't get fired. I just join most of the East's disgust in most of our fears coming true with the merger... we've cheapened the product beyond anyone's expectations.

West's fears haven't come true yet, which is why most of the HP'ers read this post and go "what the hell is he talking about" because you guys are USED to this level of service, but not the USAirways side... at least that's what the majority of PM's and instant messages say. I've had lowsy service on every airline, but its mostly inflight... I don't think I once said anything negative about any HP employees except for the guys running the show.
not to change the subject but, I flew PUJ CLT and the service was embarrassing...the FA were in a hurry to get everything done...did not see them for 2 hours...not one smile until we got off the plane...no wonder no one wants to fly us...sorry just stating the facts....I have had better on a "west" flight

and regarding NRSA travel, I never have my lanyard around my neck, you know, those types that scream "HI, I'm a NON-REV!". I normally just take my seat and take a nap/pass out, which is probably why I've never really noticed HP's service to Hawai'i. I'm also one of those few folks that doesn't even recline the seat.

I am also the type of employee that went to other airlines at my airport to get passes for employees that were stuck in my airport due to no seats, wt restriction, etc. I've also thrown OAL's who were also stuck at my airport because I know how hard it is to get out of our city. (and never got in trouble by mgt).

When i was much younger, I just remember being taught that our airline has two types of customers - internal and external - and that we need to do what we can to take care of them, and this motto has carried over.

regardless, back to topic - glad to see the new CS initiatives. While they don't address the Hawai'i flights in specific, it appears that someone could be listening in Tempe, just a lag in response time. I still feel HP/US needs to upgrade the Hawai'i services, which is the POINT of my post... its still lightyears behind almost every carrier out there going to Hawai'i.

not to change the subject but, I flew PUJ CLT and the service was embarrassing...the FA were in a hurry to get everything done...did not see them for 2 hours...not one smile until we got off the plane...no wonder no one wants to fly us...sorry just stating the facts....I have had better on a "west" flight
Find this HARD TO BELIEVE....PUJ-CLT is a flight where there is more going on than most pax understand. Movie (selling headsets), BuyOnBoard (selling of food), Bev service, Inflight DutyFree (whether chairside or in the Galley) and Customs forms.(Many times a movie barely finishes). I have worked this flight numerous times and the flight northbound is barely 3hours, heading South right around 2hrs 40min. Either the service wasn't being done CORRECTLY or things don't add up. F/C gets a meal service and is usually FULL. Let me know where THEY were hiding. :lol:

Yes, I agree that from a passengers perspective, that the way they are treated during the flight either will make or break it for their inflight experience.
I always try to make every flight I work an enjoyable experience.
It begins with the behind the scene of preparing the aircraft for departure. I ensure that the cabin is tidy,(we all know that contract cleaners are not always efficient)I try to have all pillows in a uniform look, placed on each aisle seat,(not wedged between the seatbacks-giving the appearance of the KKK! eeks) all blankets folded and placed in one central location,(not thrown in a ball in the overhead) all seatbacks are in their upright position along with seatbelts crossed. This is done on every flight I work regardless of time btwn flights.

By having the cabin look pristine, it not only will give the passengers a pleasant first impression but a start to possible enjoyable inflight experience.

Now join that with a smile and a friendly hello to every passenger that steps on the aircraft (even when you say hello, welcome aboard and they pass by without even acknowledging you) will show that you care about how their inflight experience will transpire.

If we all just take a few extra minutes to prepare and give it an extra effort, we can help turn things around to make this airline one we can take pride in. That is one reason the "I make US fly" campaign was created.

:up:

Yes, I agree that from a passengers perspective, that the way they are treated during the flight either will make or break it for their inflight experience.
It begins with the behind the scene of preparing the aircraft for departure. I ensure that the cabin is tidy,(we all know that contract cleaners are not always efficient)I try to have all pillows in a uniform look, placed on each aisle seat,(not wedged between the seatbacks-giving the appearance of the KKK! eeks) all blankets folded and placed in one central location,(not thrown in a ball in the overhead) all seatbacks are in their upright position along with seatbelts crossed. This is done on every flight I work regardless of time btwn flights.

By having the cabin look pristine, it not only will give the passengers a pleasant first impression but a start to possible enjoyable inflight experience.

Now join that with a smile and a friendly hello to every passenger that steps on the aircraft (even when you say hello, welcome aboard and they pass by without even acknowledging you) will show that you care about how their inflight experience will transpire.

If we all just take a few extra minutes to prepare and give it an extra effort, we can help turn things around to make this airline one we can take pride in. That is one reason the "I make US fly" campaign was created.

What do you do to hide that awful carpet on the bulkhead?

Uhh huh...I love it when they are bare foot! Ohh and then they go to the Lav that way...nice huh.
Who in their right mind would go to the lav in their bare feet or socks? And bad enough that they make you take off shoes going thru security. That's why I wear flip flops. I refuse to take them off and walk barefooted on the floor. They sometimes squalk, but I still don't back down. Its bad enough I got to track my laptop when it comes out of my bag.

Who in their right mind would go to the lav in their bare feet or socks? And bad enough that they make you take off shoes going thru security. That's why I wear flip flops. I refuse to take them off and walk barefooted on the floor. They sometimes squalk, but I still don't back down. Its bad enough I got to track my laptop when it comes out of my bag.
Keep an eye out...Many I assure you!

So the "I Make US Fly" campaign was an effort to get more free work out of us? Lets see the junior folks out west are ALREADY the lowest paid mainline flight attendants in the US. Lets make them do even more work. Sorry, I am not doing the cleaners jobs.
I actually saw an FA cleaning a bathroom after the cleaners left since they somehow missed the giant pile of sh1t on the floor. I kid you not! Got news for ya, I don't do lav's! I will tiddy the cabin before I deplane but that is it, if they want me to do more they better start signing some checks and even then, I AM NOT CLEANING SH1T OFF THE FLOORS OF THE LAV!

I mean, I am happy you are so motivated and all but until the company cares enough to refurb some of our nasty planes and actually hire a decent cleaning company, I am not stressin too much over it.