Hawaii In-flight Service on HP

*Parker- America West East, or Tornado Airlines (can empty a trailer park in 30 minutes... sorry I couldnt resist)

Ironically, US Airways has the largest presence in high end business markets but seems to be doing all it can to get rid of high end business travelers and instead seek flip flop crowds that might want an hourly service between New York and Washington, I guess?

:lol: Tornado Airlines...I LOVE it!!

EMBFA, I enjoy your wit and humor on here and would love to have the opportunity to fly with you someday!

Trust me, most of us on the "west" side of the Flight Attendant ranks also see what US Airways is becoming through the same set of glasses you do!

Thanks for the chuckle! I needed it this evening!

Envoy (A330) is slightly below the other US carriers, but keep in mind those carriers are also competing in the transpacific markets.

Have you not flown on another airline across the pond? I would really like to understand your definition of "slightly below", and would hate to know what you would consider not even close? Other US carriers have far superior service to Envoy - do you really think pizza in a box shows up on any other airline as the pre-arrival snack? How about Continental - with lie flat seats on many planes, 5 course meal service, and a new entertainment system coming on line with hundreds of movies, music and television via a touch screen system - but hey - I guess that is all just a little better than pizza in a box and a choice of 10 or 12 movies.

Have you not flown on another airline across the pond? I would really like to understand your definition of "slightly below", and would hate to know what you would consider not even close?

Wow, you took the one semi-positive thing I said about US in a few paragraphs of saying how bad thier service is.

I ONLY fly other airlines across the pond unless I am working. US doesn't serve my destination and ZED fares and even revenue fares are not bad. I have taken Continental several times in the past two years, Delta once to Europe this year, as well as AA to South America. I fly United often but have not been on them internationally in about four years. I think I'm pretty familiar with the service levels of the other US carriers. Especially compared to your average US F/A- as a group they don't seem to travel much offline.

I would argue that the seats, cabin, IFE on the US A330 (def. not the 767 or 757!) Envoy is about on par with Business Class to Europe on the other US carriers. US does not offer an international First product so it cannot be compared. The meals and presentation are what is below industry standard. The US service in Envoy is similar to a premium transcon on the big guys. In fact, the 'pizza-in-a-box' US uses in Envoy is the same arrival service DL uses in coach for transatlantic flights.

In my experience as a flight attendant and as a customer, the A330 Envoy product is slighly below competition. The B767 Envoy product is VERY 'far below' anything else offered in the Atlantic market. It also depends on how market specific you're being. If you're comparing to competition in broad terms like east coast to London, then US is a joke. If you're being specific on routes on O&D only, like say, Philadelphia to Stockholm or Glascow and such, well then there is no competition.

In fact, the 'pizza-in-a-box' US uses in Envoy is the same arrival service DL uses in coach for transatlantic flights.

Exactly my point before - Envoy is barely a step above other carriers international coach service.

That's the thing, America West flight attendants & management are not USED to more service than they are giving!

they FA's do what they can to make the flight a good one, but man oh man....
Is there any chance that you are capable of speaking/writing correctly?
Sounds to me like you have an ax to grind with the employees on this board. Did you get fired?
We get it, you don't like us.
Now, go away...

Sounds to me like you have an ax to grind with the employees on this board. Did you get fired?
Now, go away...

No, I didn't get fired. I just join most of the East's disgust in most of our fears coming true with the merger... we've cheapened the product beyond anyone's expectations.

West's fears haven't come true yet, which is why most of the HP'ers read this post and go "what the hell is he talking about" because you guys are USED to this level of service, but not the USAirways side... at least that's what the majority of PM's and instant messages say. I've had lowsy service on every airline, but its mostly inflight... I don't think I once said anything negative about any HP employees except for the guys running the show.

Now, go away...
if you'd take the time to read segmentking's posts, you'd see his/her "axe to grind" is with the deterioration of a once fine product, and not the employees, west or east. and that, to be sure, is a legitimate complaint!!
in fact, segmentking recently complimented the f/a's on a hawaii flight.

we've cheapened the product beyond anyone's expectations.

West's fears haven't come true yet, which is why most of the HP'ers read this post and go "what the hell is he talking about" because you guys are USED to this level of service, but not the USAirways side... at least that's what the majority of PM's and instant messages say. I've had lowsy service on every airline, but its mostly inflight... I don't think I once said anything negative about any HP employees except for the guys running the show.

We Cheapened the fares you dont even work for the airline anymore. You are a free loader getting a free ride to Hawaii and you have the nerve to complain just sit in your free nonrev seat and shut the F%%KUP.

We Cheapened the fares you dont even work for the airline anymore. You are a free loader getting a free ride to Hawaii and you have the nerve to complain just sit in your free nonrev seat and shut the F%%KUP.
Yugo, Cheapened the fares they did not, Cheapened the product yes they did. I just spent $931.20 for two tickets for an hour trip, if it takes that long. And these tickets are for June. So I wouldn't call that cheapen the fares. Am I complaining about the fare? No. I paid it, no questions asked. Yes I am gonna get Dividend Miles for it, which I rightfully will earn.

Ya know, as a "free loader", you are right. I should expect nothing as a non-rev, correct?

That isnt what I'm hearing on another thread running around here tonight. Make up your minds. Do we expect service as nonrevs or just take whatever we're given, or does it only apply to "certain" parts of the overall experience? :rolleyes: (Or maybe to just certain posters who are used to something else normally?)

It seemed to me for a long time that the old U treated other carriers nonrevs better than we treated our own people. As it often does, it comes down to who is working the flight.
Did anyone look at the manifest? Probably not. Do we have a manifest these days?
Does the nonrev expect more than what the flight crew can deliver?(Unlimited booze and a to go bag- not that this ever happens or is condoned by management.)
You treat people like you would like to be treated. It's not the responsibility of the crew to know who is a nonrev but you do what you can.
CLT has a rep that they will never comp anything to anyone(old style PI). The impression I get is that destination matters. Flights to LAS you will see the badge laying on the tray table with an expectant look in the eye. I've been on HP and it's the same thing. I've flown UAL DAL etc. and it is the same. Some do you up and others give you discipline.
You should not expect extra but be grateful when it happens.

CLT has a rep that they will never comp anything to anyone(old style PI).

Did YOU work for Piedmont?? The Piedmont I worked for encouraged you to basically give away the house to make the customer happy. It was the "you are doing too much for the passenger" rhetoric from USAir that eventually embittered many Piedmonsters and caused them to go by the book and give you NOTHING!!! :down: :down: