My Prediction

Why is it so hard for people to understand that not everyone is equal? You received shares representing a portion of what you lost...as did they. You can't say that mgmt wouldn't have made more money had 9/11 not happened and the subsequent economic downturn. Just like everyon else, even people in mgmt have had to do more with less. Take Arpey for example. Before Carty left, he was Cheif Operating Officer. There is no COO to this date. Think it's easy to wear both the CEO & COO hats? Think he works a straight 8 and heads home to see his family? Think he doesn't work weekends pretty routinely?

Speaking for mechanics, WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND EACH MECHANIC LOST $20,000.00 A YEAR??????????????

For us to make back what was taken with respect to stock, the price has to hit $300 a share!

The executives got back what they lost and then some!

Why is it so hard for people to understand that not everyone is equal? You received shares representing a portion of what you lost...as did they. You can't say that mgmt wouldn't have made more money had 9/11 not happened and the subsequent economic downturn. Just like everyon else, even people in mgmt have had to do more with less. Take Arpey for example. Before Carty left, he was Cheif Operating Officer. There is no COO to this date. Think it's easy to wear both the CEO & COO hats? Think he works a straight 8 and heads home to see his family? Think he doesn't work weekends pretty routinely?
<_< ---- So now the truth comes out! "Why is it so hard for people to understand that not everyone is equal?"---- The perception of privilege! The "rough yon" verses the "gentleman" attitude! This action my friend is nothing less than a sellout of those implied promises that upper management is so skilled at making! The "I've got mine" mentality is alive and well at AA's HQ! What happened to "shared sacrifice"?---- You don't think for a minute that working two job's to make ends meet doesn't keep one away from his family? Sorry Mr. Arpy! But you don't get much sympathy from me! :angry:

:huh: Let's face it upfront and to the point. Until the company brings back those that are on furlough nothing is going to change or improve. Flights, numbers and needs change daily if not hourly. But, when you have over 3,000 flight attendants on furlough nothing is ever going to get better. Remember that all of those flight attendants would be junior to EVERYONE in the system. They were and continue to be the sacrifical lambs. If recalled they would be the ones to fill in all the holes that the company has created from the start.

Trips would stay the way they were published instead of extended for days. The recalls would do the things that no one else wants to do now, like reserve with no life. Sure some people would still call out duty, that's a given. But, at least if they had a recall those new bodies would fill in where the bodies now do not exist. Flight would continue the way they should instead of someone getting the raw end of the stick and being forced to keep flying for days.

There is no way that life would not improve if all those on furlough could come back.

What's funny about the last comment is that even before the first furloughs, the same complaints were made about "if we only had more people, quality would improve" and how reserve would suddenly be more tolerable...

It's the company's job to stretch manning as thin as they can. As long as they're following the contract and making ends meet, there won't be recalls.

If anything, in the case of the APFA, it's possible AMR left more fat in the manning (and I'm not talking about the widebodied FA's) than was necessary, since recalls in the past three years haven't matched attrition rates.

OK, first off, how often do your trips get extended. I work here 5 days a week and the only time I am reassigning people and extending trips is when there is OSO or holidays when people do not feel like working. As for the day to day operation, things for the most part are fine.

If we recall 3,000 FA’s the only thing that will do is increase the PVD’s, and the amount of wages that AA has to pay. Not exactly sure how that will help things. During the winter of 2001, when we had full staffing we still had to reassign/extend flights during OSO and the holidays. If all you want to do is work less, I see no reason to hire more people.

Intl are good for 85 hours and domestic are good for 80. I see no reason not to utilize those hours.

What's funny about the last comment is that even before the first furloughs, the same complaints were made about "if we only had more people, quality would improve" and how reserve would suddenly be more tolerable...

It's the company's job to stretch manning as thin as they can. As long as they're following the contract and making ends meet, there won't be recalls.

If anything, in the case of the APFA, it's possible AMR left more fat in the manning (and I'm not talking about the widebodied FA's) than was necessary, since recalls in the past three years haven't matched attrition rates.

FAA minimums are 1 f/a per 50 pax. That certainly doesn't insure quality service or even maximum safety. When I negotiated staffing, my first question was, "How many doors are you willing to have unstaffed in an emergency?" Just because an aircraft CAN be evacuated with minimum staffing in a controlled test, in a emergency you need full staffing. Unfortunately, most airlines are willing to bet on there not being a need.

Another factor that airlines foolishly ignore is the fact that those lovely serving carts are designed to be worked with 2 f/as, not one. For a Company interested in WC claims, this is comparable to playing Russian Roulette. Or should I say, simple ergonomics.

Man power planning is often staffed by those who "think" they know what people are willing to fly. The more you fly, the fewer days off between flights you have to "get sick"
or recoop, therefore you either fly ill and infect others or you fly until you're really sick and wind up off duty for long periods of time.

All of the above can be controlled by proper staffing. And most importantly when you're trying to retain your high end customer base, you have to present the best product and that requires proper staffing. How stupid to cut service supplied by the low end salaried workers. For lack of a better phrase, "Kill 'em with service"....

I sure do hope you are right about the recall. If it does happen, how much notice are we given? Do I need to give any notice to Eagle? I heard some of the AA pilots who got recalled back this year basically called up Eagle chief pilot, said, not coming in to work today, and mailed back their equipment. I'm not going to do that but I do want a couple days off before I have to go through retraining again.

Thanks.]

Bite me! :down:

AWwwWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Those poor CEO's!

It's alright, we're going to get so 'efficient' we aren't going to have to worry about those annoying passengers. :down:

The idiot we have as the manager of ramp services here at LGA sees nothing wrong with putting out bids that have all the F/T'ers working the line 0900-1700 and the rest of the evening with P/T'ers.Since when is the line a 9-5 job?

Sounds good in theory, but after 9pm there are a total of twelve clerks to work the remaining ten arrivals,more when we go into an OSO situation.

Princess' answer to that? "Extend the part timers".Of course she fails to realize that you can't extend the part timers more than three times in a week.

The new bid started Saturday and the P/T'ers were extended Sat, Sun and Mon.By Tuesday evening the P/T'ers were walking, the feces hit the fan and no one gives a damn.

We're doing the same ammount of work we were five years ago but we're doing it with one hundred fifty people less than we were five years ago.

And they wonder why the Survey America numbers have gone down faster than a twenty dollar hooker during Fleet Week...

We're doing the same ammount of work we were five years ago but we're doing it with one hundred fifty people less than we were five years ago.

Does that 150 fewer people include all the people working overnight cabin who got outsourced? If so, then technically, you're not doing the same amout of work...

Since you mentioned it, where the heck did this new manager come from, and why did Beth take over Dave's job?...

Since you mentioned it, where the heck did this new manager come from, and why did Beth take over Dave's job?...

Overnight cleaning was 60 heads,discounting that, we're still 90 heads short on the line

Bruce Edwards went to JFK, and didn't last a year.Beth is 'Manager of Operations' and Dave is still in place.

The woman we have now came down from Ramp Control and for the past two and a half years has proceeded to wreck LGA.

Bob and this woman have been out in STL, taking a closer look at the checkerboard. :rolleyes:
She's decided to staff gates 3,5,7,8 and 10 and cover 2,4,6 and C5 with 'Utility' and part timers.

Like I said,Bruce Edwards got run out of Kennedy in under a year, this woman has driven LGA into the ground for the past two and a half years and no ones says boo.

I guess being related to Art Pappas is good protection. :blink:

Bruce Edwards went to JFK, and didn't last a year.Beth is 'Manager of Operations' and Dave is still in place.

Hmmm.... not what I was told. I heard Dave was asked to step down from PSVC, and Beth took his place. Strange, considering he'd been in the position for at least 17 or 18 years.

I guess being related to Art Pappas is good protection. :blink:

Yes, that would do it... I contradicted Art in front of Crandall the night 965 went down, as he was giving really inaccurate information to Bob and insisting it was factual... I don't think he never forgot that. ;)

When I say 'Dave is still in place' I mean Dave is still lurking around LGA.Bob put out a memo a few months ago to the effect that Dave was now responsible for 'Front end of the airport' operations.

I don't know if that is an upgrade or a downgrade for him, but we still see his somber face every day.

I think it's BS that family connections keep this woman in place, despite her gawdawful performance numbers.LGA missed over a thousand bags in January alone.

Every new idea to 'reduce overtime' she comes up with creates a feeding frenzy of OT.