United Airlines Mechanics Ratify Labor Pact

Fly

Veteran
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
United Airlines mechanics ratify labor pact -unionTue May 31, 2005 10:16 AM ET

CHICAGO, May 31 (Reuters) - Members of the union representing mechanics at bankrupt United Airlines, a unit of UAL Corp. (UALAQ.OB: Quote, Profile, Research) , ratified a five-year labor deal that cuts their wages by 3.9 percent, the union said on Tuesday.
The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association said the deal, which grants United $96 million in average annual savings, was approved in a close vote but had no details on the exact tally.

UAL has said it needs $700 million a year in labor savings to exit Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

Is the 3.9% wage reduction in addition to the court imposed reduction granted earlier in the year?

I can remember AMFA's motto when they were show boating their union take over at UniTED. "WE DO NOT ACCEPT CONCESSIONS EVER" Guess that was a falicy LOL! :up:

Hopeful,

Yeah the 3.9 is on top of what the court impossed on them already. UniTED isn't even close to getting out of the woods yet! :lol:

mrfish3726 said:
HOW MANY JOBS DID THEY VOTE AWAY THIS TIME?????
[post="274330"][/post]​

I'm not too sure how many jobs will be lost. I do know they did a pretty good job of cleaning house a while back, getting rid of people who spent their day posting on message boards instead of working.

Hopeful said:
Is the 3.9% wage reduction in addition to the court imposed reduction granted earlier in the year?
[post="274333"][/post]​
I'd wait for Tech to answer that one. The bankruptcy judge imposed concessions upon AMFA last January, but the contract that got ratified today REPLACES the court imposed contract from the 1113(e) process last January. The two don't add together- today's replaces the one from January.

Dave,

No one at UniTED could post on message boards at work. But there were plenty of high timers that got their crosswords done on their 8 hour shift. That is one reason I left that F&*KED up company. All the senior guys wanting the junior guys to do their work. And it showed when the senior guys voted on contracts to save their crossword puzzle time LOL. Remember you guys are the reason that OAK and IND got shut down so you would'nt have to give up those crossword puzzles! :up:

Better go back ang look at the news articles fly with the 3.9 and the court imposed 13% plus they are tied together!

Dave said:
I'm not too sure how many jobs will be lost. I do know they did a pretty good job of cleaning house a while back, getting rid of people who spent their day posting on message boards instead of working.
[post="274337"][/post]​
This would include you also I would suppose?
:p

:blink: It must be so sad for you Mr. Fish. All your dreams of United going away don't seem to be happening. Boo Hoo.

Latest posts