United Airlines Mechanics Ratify Labor Pact

AMFA memebers, "Riddle me this, Riddle that" ! Did your 3.9% also include the %'S that was impossed on you months ago???????

Fish you are an idiot.
The pay cut imposed by the judge was to give UA the savings they were asking for till the two sides could agree. This ratified T/A means I will get an almost 6% increase in pay. Screwed on the other stuff but pay will go up. Just because the media prints it doesn't mean it is true. They are almost as screwed up as you.

The AMFA did what they had to do. I never heard them endorse the T/A. The membership decided. The fate of UA is in management's court now.

United Airlines' mechanics union ratified a five-year contract Tuesday, removing one strike threat from the carrier, tough talk but that's all it was!

A majority of the 7,000 members of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association voted to accept a five-year pact entailing $96 million in annual reductions and 3.9 percent pay cuts, among other conditions. Wonder how many jobs you voted away this time??? You did it to your brothers in OAK and IND no denying that!

The outcome was announced on the union's Web site. The union said the vote tally would not be released until the two sides appeared in court later Tuesday to put the contract into effect. But spokesman Terry O'Rourke said the margin was "decisive." Obviously from running scared!

"This vote signifies ratification but not acceptance," said AMFA Local 9 president Joseph Prisco, whose unit represents 52 percent of United mechanics — based in San Francisco and Hawaii. Yeah that is the resitance we'd expect from someonw getting it from bubba and nothing they could do about it LOL!

"During the last several months this membership universally experienced a deep sense of anger provoked by the policies and actions of United management," BOOOOO HOOOOOOO! You sucked up nothing to cry about now, get in bed there with management like you always do. They are the ones on top, don't forget that!

The new pay cuts, effective immediately, will come on top of 14 percent reductions made two years ago.
[deleted by moderator]
The mechanics' union also will get $40 million in convertible notes upon United's exit from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Convertable notes, I'd take that and RUN!!!!

This is not entertaining folks.

Every UA thread gets littered with cross accusations and nastiness.

Where is the value in such dialogue?

I like the UA posters (and even am interested in the fish take on issues) but I've got to tell you mrfish, in the back of my mind I'm wondering about your airline after you keep trumpeting....

Space I am not deperate, I am just fine. Just enjoy watching all the employee gorups screwing each other at UAL HELL is all! Over the past year it has gone form we are going to shut the company down with strikes, to what more can we give you to keep OUR JOBS!!!! PATHETIC!!!! :down:

mrfish3726 said:
Space I am not deperate, I am just fine. Just enjoy watching all the employee gorups screwing each other at UAL HELL is all! Over the past year it has gone form we are going to shut the company down with strikes, to what more can we give you to keep OUR JOBS!!!! PATHETIC!!!! :down:
[post="274369"][/post]​
I hate to agree with such a hater like fish. But i hear so many threats from unions about shutting the company down if they tray to touch our contracts ...our pension...our life. the just took your pension ad reduced your contrct pay again. Is someone going to stand and fight

Dave said:
..... I do know they did a pretty good job of cleaning house a while back, getting rid of people who spent their day posting on message boards instead of working.
[post="274337"][/post]​

Dave,

Well said. I'm sure it'll go over someone's head at supersonic speed however.

Cheers,
Z B)

operaations said:
I hate to agree with such a hater like fish. But i hear so many threats from unions about shutting the company down if they tray to touch our contracts ...our pension...our life. the just took your pension ad reduced your contrct pay again. Is someone going to stand and fight
[post="274370"][/post]​

I guess if one is so upset with the company and their union they could just resign?

ZMAN777 said:
Dave,

Well said. I'm sure it'll go over someone's head at supersonic speed however.

Cheers,
Z B)
[post="274376"][/post]​

ZMANN,

I believe you are right, he never even skipped a beat.

But on a brighter note, I'll fly my trip tomorrow with the piece of mind that the airplane doesn't smell....shall we say, fishy. :up:

fly safe,

Gatemech,

Guess that the Utility, Fueling & Computer Techs.... were really never any part of AMFAS grand plan. Now how many mechanics jobs are on the line again with this agreement. What was your no lay off date this time!!!!!1

mrfish3726 said:
Over the past year it has gone form we are going to shut the company down with strikes, to what more can we give you to keep OUR JOBS!!!! PATHETIC!!!! :down:
[post="274369"][/post]​
I can't speak for everyone, but some of us want to have a job while we're planning for our future. I imagine UAL will be a very different airline in a couple of years...lots of people will be leaving. That's my prediction.

Latest posts