UPS Mechanics Contract Update Requested

UPS Mechanics ask to be released from mediation.
I believe you guys were down to the meat and potatoes (economics) were you not? Good luck guys. I know with you guys it's not all about the money, so I hope you guys get what you are wanting...

http://teamsterair.org/node/2525

UPS Mechanics ask to be released from mediation.
I believe you guys were down to the meat and potatoes (economics) were you not? Good luck guys. I know with you guys it's not all about the money, so I hope you guys get what you are wanting...

http://teamsterair.org/node/2525
I don't think we'll strike...just a hunch.
I think the Co is just trying to wear us down-like the pilots.
And I think the big issue is healthcare and retiree medical.
We aren't suppose to meet again until May.

UPS has all the time in the world.
And still leverage with the "signing bonus v retro"....

I don't think we'll strike...just a hunch.
I think the Co is just trying to wear us down-like the pilots.
And I think the big issue is healthcare and retiree medical.
We aren't suppose to meet again until May.

UPS has all the time in the world.
And still leverage with the "signing bonus v retro"....

Just like our co has been wearing us down. The co claims they are very dedicated to getting a new agreement but we will see come this April and May as they claim they have stepped up their meeting dates with the mediators which should have happened from the get go imo. The co wants us to have something to vote on before the summer (this was stated by the co. in a new video out at work) so we will see if they make any movements as AMFA has. Good luck to you and all on getting a new agreement. I believe we (UPS and SWA) have been waiting about the same amount of time and going on 5 years.
Has UPS responded to the teamsters filing for release yet? Why the long wait until May to meet? Just another stall tactic by the co? I will update ASAP. Take care.

UPS yawned at the filing request.
Again all we hear is the same IBT rhetoric and chest pounding.
We don't know a thing more than we did a year ago.

They'll give us a deal when they get damn good and ready to.
Brutal truth.

UPS yawned at the filing request.
Again all we hear is the same IBT rhetoric and chest pounding.
We don't know a thing more than we did a year ago.

They'll give us a deal when they get damn good and ready to.
Brutal truth.

Yup. Same here. When they are ready, that's when we will get an agreement. Nothing sooner. All based on when the company wants to get it done. I am still optimistic on anything this year let alone this summer.

787, Just to update you a little. We are currently meeting with the company for a planned full week of nego's about mechanics. I will update you with our unions update next week.
I know you guys are not meeting again until May, but do you know the dates in May for you guys? Good luck.

Thx 787, I will pass on the word.
Ourselves are also at a stand still and soon we will get a "road show" update on Oct 2nd and 3rd. After this our membership will make a choice where to go from here. Good luck, and hope for the best for you guys...

The trucking Co has sent out an info packet with the low lights of there offer. They've tossed out 2 options. 1 with our customary UPS healthcare and wages, retirement and benes accordingly, and the other with Teamcare, with slightly better economic enhancements. So, the Co continues to want to tie any gains to your economics to increases in emp contributions on healthcare.
Worse, they're not wanting to do ONE DAMN THING to our wages steps 1-4! Meaning I won't see any meaningful wage increases but mere pocket change of about .50 cents.
They're so arrogant, they assume amts will flock to the Co for the $60/hr top. But start at $22/hr.-$28.90 at 4th step. How screwed up is that! Unfrickenbelievable....

As expected, the Co seems content with the $60/hr new top. They could pay us $100/hr and not feel it.
No surprise, hell we don't have HALF the mechs of FX, and they hit $53 in October.

The trucking Co has sent out an info packet with the low lights of there offer. They've tossed out 2 options. 1 with our customary UPS healthcare and wages, retirement and benes accordingly, and the other with Teamcare, with slightly better economic enhancements. So, the Co continues to want to tie any gains to your economics to increases in emp contributions on healthcare.
Worse, they're not wanting to do ONE DAMN THING to our wages steps 1-4! Meaning I won't see any meaningful wage increases but mere pocket change of about .50 cents.
They're so arrogant, they assume amts will flock to the Co for the $60/hr top. But start at $22/hr.-$28.90 at 4th step. How screwed up is that! Unfrickenbelievable....

As expected, the Co seems content with the $60/hr new top. They could pay us $100/hr and not feel it.
No surprise, hell we don't have HALF the mechs of FX, and they hit $53 in October.
Thx for the update 787. The co. looks hell bent on slamming that Teamcare on you (or is it the teamsters doing it?) Do you guys have any more meetings set for this year? Do you guys think you might get something by next year some time in 18'? Good luck man.

As far as us were still in the same boat from the last time I posted. AMFA's doing their road shows, and the co. is doing their own road shows as well, trying to get the membership against the NC to try and force the membership to apply pressure onto the NC to get this thing out for a vote. The NC cannot endorse anything so far as they are too far apart. Our NC also increased their economic numbers due to industry movements since we first started nego's. The new top out ask from the union increased to either $62 or $64 new top out at end of 5 year contract. Co. still not budging on scope at all even though they started movement as of 2 or 3 meetings ago and then freaked out over AMFA's increase ask in economics with what has taken place thru-out the industry, and pulled all their movements off the table. So now I believe it's a stand still until either side is willing to move. The membership says it's time for the company to move as AMFA has done the most movements so far at the table it is now the co's turn to move. After unions road show's so far, the membership has really settled down as they now understand how the co. is really negotiating or rather not negotiating. Nothing set for the rest of this year, so now we will flow into 2018 without a new contract. We have some guys here that say "if we had the teamsters back we would have a contract by now." Yea you bet we would, and nothing left of scope. We keep pointing out to them all the problems you guys are having also to come to terms. Good luck 787, maybe both of us can get a new contract some time in 2018. Forgot to mention, we are hearing that the membership is drilling the co. about full retro during their road shows, also medical caps and the length nego's is taking and why the company is dragging them out. Those are the 3 top items they are getting beat up on with retro being #1. This will be the only way to stop or at least try to not let the co. drag out nego's every time a new contract is up.

Thx for the update 787. The co. looks hell bent on slamming that Teamcare on you (or is it the teamsters doing it?) Do you guys have any more meetings set for this year? Do you guys think you might get something by next year some time in 18'? Good luck man.

As far as us were still in the same boat from the last time I posted. AMFA's doing their road shows, and the co. is doing their own road shows as well, trying to get the membership against the NC to try and force the membership to apply pressure onto the NC to get this thing out for a vote. The NC cannot endorse anything so far as they are too far apart. Our NC also increased their economic numbers due to industry movements since we first started nego's. The new top out ask from the union increased to either $62 or $64 new top out at end of 5 year contract. Co. still not budging on scope at all even though they started movement as of 2 or 3 meetings ago and then freaked out over AMFA's increase ask in economics with what has taken place thru-out the industry, and pulled all their movements off the table. So now I believe it's a stand still until either side is willing to move. The membership says it's time for the company to move as AMFA has done the most movements so far at the table it is now the co's turn to move. After unions road show's so far, the membership has really settled down as they now understand how the co. is really negotiating or rather not negotiating. Nothing set for the rest of this year, so now we will flow into 2018 without a new contract. We have some guys here that say "if we had the teamsters back we would have a contract by now." Yea you bet we would, and nothing left of scope. We keep pointing out to them all the problems you guys are having also to come to terms. Good luck 787, maybe both of us can get a new contract some time in 2018. Forgot to mention, we are hearing that the membership is drilling the co. about full retro during their road shows, also medical caps and the length nego's is taking and why the company is dragging them out. Those are the 3 top items they are getting beat up on with retro being #1. This will be the only way to stop or at least try to not let the co. drag out nego's every time a new contract is up.

The IBT has had enough....
They've asked for arbitration. Which usually is never good for member contract gains...
The trucking Co has swung the Reamsters around by the hair of the head long enough. Reamsters has tossed white towel in....

I'm thinking the IBT really dont want to go with Team care, don't think it's real solvent. I know I don't want ANY kind of bene overseen by the Reamsters.
Again....the Co continues to attach any kinds of economic gains to emp contributions to our healthcare. We're coming up on peak season, can't concern themselves with pesky negotiations ya know, not like we've been negotiating for going on fricken 5 yrs now. Word is, the Co earns enough in peak to pay for entire fiscal year ops!
Prob into 2018, I'm thinking a deal will be done.
I think we've reached upper ranges for hourly wages in a this ind personally. When you look around and see what others are making....in blue collar professions. Just my opinion.....
And for the record, I'm not really opposed to a modest contribution to my Co! GOOD healthcare plan, just straighten out that bullshit! step pay plan, don't touch retirement, medical and a decent bump in top out and I'm good.
$60/hr ain't bad money bro. Esp down south!
While I'm at it, let's get geo pay back!
60/hr in TX is NOT the same in CA, NW, NE!!!
It's beyond belief that is not in EVERY contract out there!
Full retro will never happen. Ever.
UPS knows, it won't have to pay full retro.
All the SDF boys wking all the OT are kiddin themselves. They'll toss a bonus at us. And again, I get screwed on that. The amount you get is commensurate to your tenure with trucking Co.
Everybody won't get the $30k bonus.
IOWS, I "might" get $10k, $7k taxed

What I'm most pissed about is the trucking Cos arrogant attitude about steps 1-4! UPS will be in Spirit, Allegiant, bottom feeder territory wage wise starting out. Way to go asshats. I left the lazy B with the assumption that I'd be I good shape with the new contract(and have one a year ago!), but apparently that was flawed thinking & I was dead wrong!
I HOPE TO HELL THEY CANT FIND ANYBODY TO COME TO WORK HERE!!!!
One of, if not THE worst corp cultures I've ever wkd at in my almost 30 hrs in this industry!
**** you not.

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
Don't give up brother you guys will get there as you always have. There is a reason why these airlines are stalling with the mechanics contracts. (A4A) hint, hint. Keep your head up and I hope you guys get there in 2018.

FEDEX is at $56hr.