Iam-fsa Ta Near?

700UW said:
Heavy Maintenance is the majority of the workforce and Utility is 1,000 of the 4,500 Mechanic and related employees.

There is no way the IAM can takeout an agreement that will eliminate over 50% of the workforce, that is plain and simple, the members will not ratify it.
[post="235073"][/post]​

OK 700w; the union iam will not negociate,we don't ratify any company proposal,so as to preserve utility and heavy maintenance,and stores,and gse,and plant maintenance plus thensome+++; on thrusday the judge rules in favor of the company (to terminate our contract) then what ; the union can not order s strike,not slow down, not any kind of job action, THE COMPANY PLAINLY TELL EVERYONE THIS IS YOUR CONTRACT GOT TO WORK OR IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PICK UP MYOUR PROPERTY AND LEAVE THE PROPERTY.
WE WONT BE ABLE TO FORM PICKETT LINES (WE WILL BE ARRESTED) SO..... i think the iam position of kill all to save none is mistaken..

i am sure you are a nice person, we have different views of our common issue ,THIS
ABOVE IS MY VIEW.

IAM :down: :down: :down:

700UW said:
Heavy Maintenance is the majority of the workforce and Utility is 1,000 of the 4,500 Mechanic and related employees.

There is no way the IAM can takeout an agreement that will eliminate over 50% of the workforce, that is plain and simple, the members will not ratify it.
[post="235073"][/post]​

OK 700w; the union iam will not negociate,we don't ratify any company proposal,so as to preserve utility and heavy maintenance,and stores,and gse,and plant maintenance plus thensome+++; on thrusday the judge rules in favor of the company (to terminate our contract) then what ; the union can not order s strike,not slow down, not any kind of job action, THE COMPANY PLAINLY TELL EVERYONE THIS IS YOUR CONTRACT GOT TO WORK OR IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PICK UP YOUR PROPERTY AND LEAVE THE PREMESIS.
WE WONT BE ABLE TO FORM PICKETT LINES (WE WILL BE ARRESTED) SO..... i think the iam position of kill all to save none is mistaken..

i am sure you are a nice person, we have different views of our common issue ,THIS
ABOVE IS MY VIEW.

700uw; read this its fro our union; we are done one way or another.

December 30, 2004

US Airways 1113© and 1114 Negotiations Update

Printable Version pdf 72 KB

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Extensive discussions between District 141 negotiators and US Airways continued this week at the carrier’s corporate headquarters in Arlington, VA. Negotiations will resume the week of January 3, 2005.

Bankruptcy Judge Stephen Mitchell has indicated that he will rule on January 6, 2005 on whether to terminate our collective bargaining agreements if ratified agreements are not in place by that date.

District 141 has been tirelessly working to present a consensual agreement for membership ratification. We still hope to reach a consensual agreement, and that is why the company’s proposal has not yet been presented for a vote. However, if no agreement is possible, we remain prepared to vote US Airways’ final proposal.

Since a ratified agreement is in everyone’s best interest, we expect US Airways to join the IAM in asking Judge Mitchell to allow the membership an opportunity to vote on either a consensual agreement or final offer. However, there is no guarantee Judge Mitchell would approve such a request.

Your support and commitment to providing the most professional service possible under the most difficult circumstances imaginable is greatly appreciated by your entire negotiating committee.

Sincerely and fraternally,

S.R. (Randy) Canale Tom Brickner
President and Directing General Chairman Grand Lodge Representative
IAM District 141

Bill Chandlee

IAM :angry: :down: :down:

USA320Pilot said:
It's my understanding the IAM-FSA is close to a TA that will likely be announced before Thursday, January 6. The new labor accord will have an initial pay rate of about $17.50 per hour with other savings that will reach their cost cut target.

Rank-and-file reports indicate the AFA will ratify their new TA by a wide margin and the IAM-Trainers should obtain a TA.

It's unclear at this time if there will be a deal between the IAM-M and the company. It's possible, but most observers consider it unlikely before Thursday.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="234988"][/post]​

At 5pm today, cable financial news (either Fox or CNBC - I'm a channel flipper) reported that the IAM rejected US Airways proposal. Not sure what to make of it because the reporter seemed to stumble on her words and looked confused. Did anyone else see this report? Hang tough IAM!

Good Luck Everyone!

Makes no sense for the IAM to come to an agreement for FSA's, without securing a deal for the Mechanics!!!!! :unsure:

Why would they push an agreement with one group on one day, then demand them to strike for the other group the next?

I know, I know we're talking about the IAM.

unit4clt said:
Makes no sense for the IAM to come to an agreement for FSA's, without securing a deal for the Mechanics!!!!! :unsure:

Why would they push an agreement with one group on one day, then demand them to strike for the other group the next?

I know, I know we're talking about the IAM.
[post="235190"][/post]​

well, we do have a poster who insists the 141 and 142 are completely independent of one another. ;)

I tend to agree with you - that they are related.

Furthermore, when fleet asks, "hey, did someone get the license of that bus that hit me?" the front tag will read IAM MECH and the back one will read IAM FOCUS CITIES.

The IAM has promised they would put the company's last proposal up for a vote.

Given that, why on earth would the company agree to a t/a that would cost them more money? They already have what the want.

The IAM answer would be the last proposal probably would not pass. Don't be so sure.

When this is all done and over, the apples to apples I want to see is;

How many mech and related were there in 1999 (last non-concessionary contract ratification), and what was the total annual dollar value of their contract?

How many fleet were there in 1999, and the total annual dollar value of their contract?

Compare and contrast to 2005. Did the two groups fare comparably, or was there disproportionate pain?

Guess how I'm betting?

umech said:
OK 700w; the union iam will not negociate,we don't ratify any company proposal,so as to preserve utility and heavy maintenance,and stores,and gse,and plant maintenance plus thensome+++; on thrusday the judge rules in favor of the company (to terminate our contract) then what ; the union can not order s strike,not slow down, not any kind of job action, THE COMPANY PLAINLY TELL EVERYONE THIS IS YOUR CONTRACT GOT TO WORK OR IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PICK UP YOUR PROPERTY AND LEAVE THE PREMESIS.

ABOVE IS MY VIEW.

[post="235156"][/post]​

And why do you feel you can not strike?

Read the RLA, everything as far as prohibiting self help centers around the maintenance of the status quo. Once that changes, and the company imposes new conditions what is legally stopping you from striking? Under what statute can the judge force workers for a profit orientated company to work under conditions that they do not agree to? Doesnt that in effect make you a slave to a private corporation?

Once changed conditions are put in place that your union did not agree to they are free to strike, that has always been the case. The only time that judges force employees to continue to work is when the conditions that were in place prior to the dispute remain in place. So if a judge releases USAIR from the contract the only way he could force you back to work is if USAIR abided by the contract and changed nothing.

pitguy said:
I apologize; I just looked into the contract book and could not find the Maintenance Trainers. I believe I may have misspoken when I said they were under the same contract as the other maintenance related positions. It appears they are the only maintenance group that stands out on their own and not in with others groups on their contract.
-Thx 700.
[post="235070"][/post]​
Me too easy mistake to make.

Robert Boland, president of the IAM-FSA Local Lodge 1776 in Philadelphia, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today he thought the two sides "were pretty close" to an agreement last week. "I would hope we would reach a consensual agreement."

Complete Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

My bet would be that Fleet Service would come to an agreement before the Mechanic and Related group. Why???

Fleet Service out numbers the M&R as far as membership goes. Fleet Service also participates in the IAM National Pension Fund......where the company pays employee monies directly to the union's pension fund. Now lets punch those figures into the DUES calculator and voila!!! Advantage Fleet Service :shock: .

Anyone who thinks that dues do not play a part in the overall scheme of things is simply naive. The IAM will preserve their dues income whenever and however possible. I believe the saying goes something like this: The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few.

Say bye-bye to UAIR's once proud and dedicated mechanics. You will see come Thursday.

As for you RICO, You obviously have NO IDEA what aircraft mechanics do for UAIR. If you think that we can be so easily replaced then you deserve what you will ultimately receive. Crappy airplanes with horrendous reliability. And the funny thing about system redundancy is that it only works when everything is maintained in an airworthy operating condition. You get what you pay for and the likes of MAE and TIMCO will deliver a quality product inspite of the fact that monitary penalties will be accessed if the ETR is not met :lol: :lol: !!!!! You just don't get it do you?????

Abrogate our contract and all bets are off. That you can bank on :p :p

Bob Owens said:
And why do you feel you can not strike?

Read the RLA, everything as far as prohibiting self help centers around the maintenance of the status quo. Once that changes, and the company imposes new conditions what is legally stopping you from striking? Under what statute can the judge force workers for a profit orientated company to work under conditions that they do not agree to? Doesnt that in effect make you a slave to a private corporation?

Once changed conditions are put in place that your union did not agree to they are free to strike, that has always been the case. The only time that judges force employees to continue to work is when the conditions that were in place prior to the dispute remain in place. So if a judge releases USAIR from the contract the only way he could force you back to work is if USAIR abided by the contract and changed nothing.
[post="235284"][/post]​

Bob,

The IAM-M will not allow a strike vote with USAir as the IAM-M did not allow one with UA. The voice of the 'membership' will be squelched once again.

From a once IAM hardliner, I can speak of what I know and I know the IAM will once again not bring a TA that will not be accepted by the ‘rank and file’ and will not give the ‘membership’ the alternative to vote for a strike.

The IAM-M has lost the war and the battle but are too ignorant to see it!!!

The Company knows this, and ‘we’ (Rank and File) know this.

The ‘threat’ of a strike is foolhardy if one does not have the tenacity to ‘pull the trigger’!!!

Also, I may add that whatever the decisions that you all over here at ‘USAir’ make will have little impact on the decisions that are facing us over at the ‘Lazy U’. This train has been moving well beyond the ‘USAir’ track and with the UAL ALPA TA, the effects will be industry wide.

Bob, you better get your TWU ass kissers to tow the line as you and I know that you all over at AA are next on this chopping block as well.

As for the UA AMFA M&R, we’ve had enough!!!

Take Care,
B) UT