Iam-fsa Ta Near?

just wondering if the judge throws out the IAM contract is the bigger concern that the employees quit paying dues and in the case of a/c cleaners they are paid a more realistic wage for the job function that they perform

USA320Pilot said:
Robert Boland, president of the IAM-FSA Local Lodge 1776 in Philadelphia, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today he thought the two sides "were pretty close" to an agreement last week. "I would hope we would reach a consensual agreement."

Complete Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="235315"][/post]​

Wash Post and Phila Inq today say IAM not hopeful and walkout possible if contract voided. Also, the first part of the article you cite talks about Canale's "dour assessment"--it's hard to get anything positive out of that article.

UAL_TECH said:
Bob,

The IAM-M will not allow a strike vote with USAir as the IAM-M did not allow one with UA. The voice of the 'membership' will be squelched once again.

From a once IAM hardliner, I can speak of what I know and I know the IAM will once again not bring a TA that will not be accepted by the ‘rank and file’ and will not give the ‘membership’ the alternative to vote for a strike.

The IAM-M has lost the war and the battle but are too ignorant to see it!!!

The Company knows this, and ‘we’ (Rank and File) know this.

The ‘threat’ of a strike is foolhardy if one does not have the tenacity to ‘pull the trigger’!!!

Also, I may add that whatever the decisions that you all over here at ‘USAir’ make will have little impact on the decisions that are facing us over at the ‘Lazy U’. This train has been moving well beyond the ‘USAir’ track and with the UAL ALPA TA, the effects will be industry wide.

Bob, you better get your TWU ass kissers to tow the line as you and I know that you all over at AA are next on this chopping block as well.

As for the UA AMFA M&R, we’ve had enough!!!

Take Care,
B) UT
[post="235338"][/post]​

As bad as the IAM is they are better than the TWU. Some of the concessions that USair is seeking in their third round of concessions, second in BK, are things that the TWU gave up outside of BK while AA still had over $1 billion in cash. The TWU is a company union yet the IAM, because they are AFL-CIO affiliated, will not attack the TWU.

If the guys at USAIR give these concessions it will not help because the TWU will simply undercut them again.

USAIR has about as good of a chance of cutting their way to profitability as Pan Am and EAL did. Even if they are successful what have they accomplished? They will have prevented SWA, an airline that treats their workers better and pays more from expanding. The bosses try to make this out to be a moral contest against other profit making companies, in the meantime they are giving their lives away for nothing. And I do mean nothing as the company has even stooped so low as to ask their employees to come into work on their days off and work for nothing while at the same time plotting and scheming to rip up their agreement and take even more away from them.

The IAM lost 25% of their members between the last two conventions. Over the years they have lost more members to the TWU thanto any other union. Yet they do not attack the TWU.

The IAM always had a better reputation as "the fighting machinists, in the meantime the TWUs members call it The "Totally Worthless Union". TWU leaders have been giving concessions for twenty years, these concessions made it harder for the IAM to deliver to their members. The members of the IAM were eductated in unionism and believed in it, they believed in fighting, thats why when the weak leaders that are in place now failed to deliver the IAM members revolted and went to AMFA, and IAM ground workers tried forming the AGW. In the meantime unions like the TWU have top leaders like Bobby Gless who under oath admit that they dont even know what an industrial union is. But he can tell you the price of Pokeyman stock!!