US Airways And IAM Reach Tentative Agreement For 7,700 Fleet Service Employees

As Pineybob stated earlier, you have a 50/50 chance of hitting that $625 million jackpot. Could the odds be any better? And if the top out is only $17.85ish as some have said, why wouldn't you let it go to arbitration? This is vittles compared to what Senior Management has raked in in the last few years, which was essentially financed by the artificially low wages at LCC. At the very least, vote down the first offer and tell the IAM to get their a$$es to work and don't bother coming back until they bring a legitimate offer.

You are 100% right on! VOTE NO and make the IAM work for their money. Send it back and I guarantee you will get a better offer. The big question I have is why was the pay scale not included in the intial info?
Is it possible that they have two different figures and they are just feeling everyone out to see what we will take? I don't trust either the company or the union. In any case VOTE NO!!! Send it back. Good luck.

word from a member of seniority intergration committtee is DOH for west employees. There are some isues with employees who have adjusted DOH for what ever reason that they work out individually. Now another issue the west employees have is Tower/Operations positions for fleet. Rumor is that it becomes fleet work, however the seniority intergration team will be meeting next week to discuss what seniority they receive. IMO they should get day one bidding seniority, receive pay seniority and vacation accrual seniority, but for bidding purposes they go to the BOTTOM. That group of workers had a choice when TWU came on property to sign cards and be part of the union and i believe 1 agent from PHX/LAS in operations signed a card. Now it should come around and bite them in the ass. They have not paid dues to become a union member the union should not look out for their interest, they should look out for their current members, make them go out and toss bags.

Tim if your right than the IAM is pretty stupid. Becasue with that as a top out this will be without a doubt dead on arrival. They know the hubs would never agree to that as a top out. As for the Class 2 cities most of them wont either. Time will tell I guess
The bottom line....................CLT and PHL ARE JUNIOR STATIONS, the senior agents will puke on thier own blood
because of the last vote that pushed class two cities into poverty pay. It's over, the west...class II and the junior
agents in the hubs have already ratified this agreement. The IAM knows it along with management. Cast your ballot knowing your screwed and keep loading those bags. If anyone with more than fifteen years votes for this package you've lost it.
This company will be operating under a different name and the home office will be located 15 miles west of downtown ORD.
You didn't get the holidays or sick time because there's not going to be a snapback....any thing about survivorship? I guess after the merger we wont have to look for that one usairways article in the messenger.... it's already an all UA union
publication. take the advise of the $100,000 club and vote it in.

"

For those of you who think you should gamble the next few years away with the arbitration award

I was ready to jump for join when i saw the posting , but now i think i'll just sit and think for awhile , i really did expect better ...

Freedom arbitration is scheduled for sept this year,just one month.Company is playing with your mind again.First this is not a contract negotiation,its just an agreement to even the playing feild treat it as such.

When is the ramp contract open for section 6 again,look it up.Dont take this deal it sux.Does it even have shift pay,everyone has shift pay.
forget this whole mess vote it down and go to arbitration for the change of control,then do the transition agreement.JMHO

Look what there doing,throwing in a little bit for everyone hopeing it will pass,man this isnt going to help anyone on the east and just barely git anyone on the west anything.Do not divide over this stay the course.This has already been payed for. :down: :down: :down:

The IAM summary needs to address seniority and show pay scales.

Are they ashamed of what was agreed to on these issues?
Do not vote on a summary,please dont.make em show you the language.Thats how we got into this mess,voteing on a summary/highlight sheet.Then they went back behind closed doors and worked out the language.Ask 700 he will tell you.The language was done after the vote.Thats why it took 2 years to see a contract in print for the mech's. :down: :down: :down:

word from a member of seniority intergration committtee is DOH for west employees. There are some isues with employees who have adjusted DOH for what ever reason that they work out individually.

If this is true, and everyone across the board isn't awarded DOH I see a decertification in the makings. A union is supposed to treat everyone equally. If the iam chooses not to, the iam is putting a noose around its own neck. In a union workplace everyone is supposed to be equal. In the iam's eyes some are more equal. And one wonders why the iam isn't trusted!

Well that's it for me , i'm now soldily in the YES camp , after getting in touch with the right people i've learned enough to say that i'm completely satsfied with this contract and what it does for fleet as a WHOLE ... i think as soon as all of the details come in on the 14th the rest of the west field stations and all of the east class two stations will be on board as well ... After that it's only going to be a matter of converting some of the hold outs in PHL and CLT ...

:up: wooo hooo Now my only question is when are we going to have a party ????? :lol: i think our union should hold a party on ratifcation day , you know free pizza and drinks , something like that would be cool!

Well that's it for me , i'm now soldily in the YES camp , after getting in touch with the right people i've learned enough to say that i'm completely satsfied with this contract and what it does for fleet as a WHOLE ... i think as soon as all of the details come in on the 14th the rest of the west field stations and all of the east class two stations will be on board as well ... After that it's only going to be a matter of converting some of the hold outs in PHL and CLT ...
:up: wooo hooo Now my only question is when are we going to have a party ????? :lol: i think our union should hold a party on ratifcation day , you know free pizza and drinks , something like that would be cool!
Tell me why you went from maybe to a solid yes.....speak and I will LISTEN!

Just got a call from a friend of mine who is working & he just said CLT is a SOLID no. He says its written all over the tugs & breakrooms.
Who cares what CLT is going to vote! You have screwed your fellow employess once, Paybacks are a XITCH!!!!!!

Who cares what CLT is going to vote! You have screwed your fellow employess once, Paybacks are a XITCH!!!!!!

I love the mentality on this board you screwed me so I am going to screw myself to screw you back. Real smart@! This group is the lowest paid in the industry and voting yes guarantees you will be the lowest paid for years to come. Southwest makes over $4000 a month and even JetBlue makes more than we do.
You just can't see the whole picture. Your dues will go up guaranteed because you show the union that you will bow to anything. Your insurance will go up guaranteed. So what do you gain in the longrun? All your increases will be eaten up. You want to be treated with respect grow some balls and send them an overwhelming NO!!!! You want to be treated like dirt vote yes and crawl into your corner with your blanky and binky. I don't mean to insult anyone but this pisses me off that we have this leverage of the arbitration on change of control and you want to throw it out the window. This workgroup keeps getting weaker and weaker. Ya just don't get it. So sad..................So sad................. Good luck cause you are gonna need it. Can you say KY?

Back