US Airways And IAM Reach Tentative Agreement For 7,700 Fleet Service Employees

we need more information and we need it now not 4 days from now .... well i mean i guess waiting 4 days wouldn't KILL us , but i doubt it will take that long , come on us aviation and do that thing you do , everyone scour their contacts and see what you can see ...

I think the Company is using the Anger of the East Class II Stations to help push this thru. The Class I Station passed the last vote by a large margin and the Company KNEW that CLT and PHL will sell out its Union Brothers to better only themselves. In our Station, if the hourly wage is around $19.00, that is an almost $3.5 hour Raise, you can Bet that we (the Class II Stations) will vote YES and who cares about the current CLass I Stations. You didnt care about US we sure as hell will not care about You this time. Payback time!

There is a summary comming out this comming Tuesday.
Once again there is no issue on seniorty. Its DOH

If what you say is true why wasn't it included in the summary.

Was snapback arbitration traded for an agreement?

Why does it take a week to tell the membership about what was agreed to on seniority and pay?

i'm going to take this moment to point out something , you still have a job .. did you forget about our brothers and sisters on Furlough ... Remember them ? If i'm correct didn't the east vote to give them the boot , and then to add insult to injury stick that 60 day clause in the contract ? remember that ??

This proposal while not the greatest for the east memebers is still not THAT bad , why ? because it protects JOBS ... i've said it before , you can go back and read my old posts , i've always said it , i CARE about our filed stations EAST and WEST , and under this they will be protected along with our cargo operations ... That's not a small thing, so don't be so dissmisve of it ..
Amen to your post!!! I couldn't have said it better myself...Thanks... :up:

i'm going to take this moment to point out something , you still have a job .. did you forget about our brothers and sisters on Furlough ... Remember them ? If i'm correct didn't the east vote to give them the boot , and then to add insult to injury stick that 60 day clause in the contract ? remember that ??

This proposal while not the greatest for the east memebers is still not THAT bad , why ? because it protects JOBS ... i've said it before , you can go back and read my old posts , i've always said it , i CARE about our filed stations EAST and WEST , and under this they will be protected along with our cargo operations ... That's not a small thing, so don't be so dissmisve of it ..

What about Cargo jobs in the East?

No one voted to give them up. They went to the lowest bidder, and it shows.

Protected in PHX, LAS and LAX. Traded for personal favors in the rest of the system. Don't forget there are a lot of West cargo facilities farmed out under what little is said under the summary posted.

The Cargo VP is a corrupt SOB. Don't think for a second the IAM didn't give him a big payday in the West stations being farmed out.

Got a nickel says the 60 day furlough change will be applied to current employees, not those already laid off.

Senior ALPA furloughed pilots didn't get their jobs back, did they?

Who else noticed that they sent out an early fri PR saying " we are close, it could change, we may have to alter cba date wtc..." then WHAM there it is a few hours later.......

This is the way I see it..............

"The tentative agreement includes a single wage scale that covers all Fleet Service workers and provides for wage increases of up to 22%."......... YES VOTES...I haven't seen the pay scale but I'll bet the 22% is on the lower end of the scale. Even at that there is enough in the system that just want a pay raise........

"All Fleet Service employees will be on the same pay scale within seven months from ratification. Wages for all steps of the scale have been increased."........... YES VOTES from the Class II stations..........

"Company cannot outsource cargo work in PHX, LAS and LAX." ........ YES VOTES from the majority out West. What about the outlying stations and what about protection for the East hubs PHL and CLT? YES VOTES from the West.....

"60 day rule eliminated.".............. YES VOTES if furloughed employees are allowed to vote!

"The first 3 sick days of each occurrence will be paid at 50% and decremented at a 50% rate. Employees who have 150 or more days in their sick leave bank on the date of the sick leave occurrence will be paid 100% and 100% deducted from their sick leave bank." ......... This one needs explained. If you have 150 days in the books do you get 100% pay for every day or only day 4 and beyond? How many employees have 150 days on the books. Do any AWA employees have 150 sick days accrued? TOSS UP.........

Vacation......."First year of service: 10 days 5th year of service: 15 days 14th year of service: 20 days"...........Nothing gained on the East because almost everyone has 25 years or more. The only gains are on the West....YES VOTES

"The IAM National Pension Plan will apply to former America West Employees on 1-01-2008 at the
current contribution rates for Full and Part Time Employees. Company hourly pension contribution for Full Time Employees increases to $1.15 effective January 3rd 2011 Company hourly pension contribution for Part Time Employees increases to $.75 effective January 3rd 2011.".........No gains for East until 2011.
YES VOTES for West.

"Effective January 01, 2012 Sick leave accrual and pay as described in the 1999 CBA. Number of Holidays and Holiday pay as described in the 1999 CBA. Shift Premium as described in the 1999 CBA. Overtime Modified Article 6Q Double time on days off." .......The company and the union are telling you what your contract will be on this date. Don't expect anything more. The work is done for the next contract.

"One of our major demands was to bring East & West employees together, and we were successful in achieving our goal. Most importantly, it did not come at the expense of either group." The biggest lie of all.
The goal was to insure union dues (bringing all under one payscale gets YES VOTES). You will always have this East vs West thing because the union has done nothing to strengthen unity. Sad!

"Your negotiating committee unanimously recommends ratification of this agreement. The final decision, however, rests with the membership. We urge the membership to attend ratification meetings, ask questions and base your decision on factual information, not rumor. Your choice will be between accepting the proposed changes now, or waiting for traditional negotiations to resume in 2009. US Airways has been through two bankruptcies in three years, so in spite of the airlines current state, we are all well aware of what can happen in a short period of time."

Lies and scare tactics. If you vote this contract in you are guaranteeing that you will be the lowest paid in the industry beyond 2011. The union will guarantee themselves union dues, including all the outlying stations and probably raise them immediately. Another lie is that our only choices are accept or wait for negotiations to resume in 2009. There is another choice but they won't tell you. The only choice is to send this thing back to the table with an overwhelming NO VOTE!!!!!!!!....and a STRIKE VOTE!!!!!! A NO VOTE does not end the negotiating process it just sends it back to the table. Don't believe the union. The West has negotiated only one contract and are not privy to all the negotiating process. Believe me a NO VOTE only sends it back to the negotiating table not end the process.

My vote is a NO VOTE and I will try to persuade as many as I can. Don't trust this union because they are in the companies pocket. Make them work for us and not the company. In my opinion this union should be sued by the membership for misrepresentation for bringing us this worthless piece of garbage. Be strong and tell them to shove it!

Knowing what I know and hearing what I hear it will pass. Look at the whole picture and you will see you are only screwing yourself if you take this trash. Now is the time to put all things aside and BE STRONG AND UNITED AND VOTE NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Good luck. Sorry this was so long!

With all the banter of how the IAM is in bed with the company, and I don't doubt that they are, why did US Airways employees allow them to stay on the property? Was it a matter of being familiar with the devil you've dealt with for so many years? Was it fear that it could be worse?

With all the banter of how the IAM is in bed with the company, and I don't doubt that they are, why did US Airways employees allow them to stay on the property? Was it a matter of being familiar with the devil you've dealt with for so many years? Was it fear that it could be worse?

By the majority it was the fear that it could be worse. In the last merger Piedmont ramp was nonunion and the company not the union requested a representation election on the grounds that the Piedmont employees should have a choice. The request was granted (never been done in the history of the NMB) and the union was decertified by a slim margin. The next day the company impossed pay cuts and benefit cuts that were overwhelming. We had to wait a year after decertification to get a union back. The IAM were good at feeding lies and the gulible employees stupidly voted them in. The union was good at feeding misleading info or just plain lying outright and the membership became weaker so they still exist on the property. Our only chance at getting rid of them was blown by the TWU backing out!

By the majority it was the fear that it could be worse. In the last merger Piedmont ramp was nonunion and the company not the union requested a representation election on the grounds that the Piedmont employees should have a choice. The request was granted (never been done in the history of the NMB) and the union was decertified by a slim margin. The next day the company impossed pay cuts and benefit cuts that were overwhelming. We had to wait a year after decertification to get a union back. The IAM were good at feeding lies and the gulible employees stupidly voted them in. The union was good at feeding misleading info or just plain lying outright and the membership became weaker so they still exist on the property. Our only chance at getting rid of them was blown by the TWU backing out!
Sounds like a hostage situation of sorts. Sad. Why did the TWU back out? What about the mechanics and related? They tried to get cards for an election but the majority still wanted the IAM. Hard to comprehend.

Latest posts