May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways ALPA code-a-phone update – June 20, 2006

Click here for the story.

AWA ALPA Special MEC Hotline - June 20, 2006

To: All AWA Pilots

In this issue:

Embraer 190 Update

Embraer 190 Update I regret to inform you that Embraer 190 talks have broken down between the US Airways and AWA MECs. The MEC officers and negotiators for both MECs had been working feverishly on a joint sharing proposal between the two pilot groups on the fair and equitable sharing of the E190 pilot slots. It was our belief that both MECs had granted their officers and negotiators the authority to negotiate a fair deal. While the east and west had a deal in principle, we were waiting for the elected representatives of the east MEC to sign off on the agreement. Ultimately, the east MEC failed to ratify this tentative agreement and reverted to their original position.

The east MEC's original and current position is that they want 60 percent of the E190 slots, and they also want bidding seniority to be date of hire.

The short history behind the E190 is that right after the merger was announced, the AWA MEC approached Doug Parker and his management team and asked for the opportunity to fly those airplanes. The US Airways MEC had already given 25 of those airplanes away in concessionary bargaining, but the AWA MEC considered it a priority to capture those flying opportunities for our pilots.

The issue came up in the Transition Agreement talks and we pressed hard to get that flying available on an equal basis for both pilot groups. We have engaged ALPA President Duane Woerth and our merger attorney to fast track binding arbitration between the two MECs on this issue.

We are also having ongoing conversations with management as to how to best protect the interests of the America West pilot group. We remain willing and able to negotiate in good faith with the east MEC at any time and any place to secure a resolution that is acceptable to our pilots.

We will not negotiate against ourselves or accept a sub-par agreement.

Be careful out there.

JR

US Airways ALPA code-a-phone update – June 21, 2006

Click here for the story.

AWA ALPA Special MEC Hotline - June 21, 2006

To: All AWA Pilots

In this issue:

Embraer 190 Update

Yesterday we informed you about the break down in E190 talks with the east MEC. We have engaged management and the east MEC in discussing how to resolve this issue. Additionally, our merger attorney is working overtime to select an arbitrator and get dates to help settle the dispute, and we hope to have a resolution prior to the initial training for the E190. We will be sure to pass along the details as they become available.

Please fly safe.

John Mc

Regards,

USA320Pilot

If I get your drift, it's only important if you're not under it.....

Jim

"We will not negotiate against ourselves or accept a subpar agreeement..." J.R. Baker MEC Chair West

You probably won't have to, because the East MEC will do just that.

Watch out for that bus, and I don't mean an Airbus.

"We will not negotiate against ourselves or accept a subpar agreeement..." J.R. Baker MEC Chair West

Wow - a pilot leader with balls. Can you imagine 320 or any of his minions uttering a phrase like that?

While I firmly believe 100% of the emb190's should go to east pilots until all furloughed are recalled I have a great admiration for this Baker guy from the West. Hopefully some of his guts will rub off on our MEC.

pilot

We will not negotiate against ourselves or accept a subpar agreeement..."
Can you imagine 320 or any of his minions uttering a phrase like that?

They have muttered words like that in the past...they just don't know how to follow through and actually do what they say.

While I firmly believe 100% of the emb190's should go to east pilots until all furloughed are recalled I have a great admiration for this Baker guy from the West. Hopefully some of his guts will rub off on our MEC.

pilot

I agree.

While I firmly believe 100% of the emb190's should go to east pilots until all furloughed are recalled I have a great admiration for this Baker guy from the West.
Why would you say that? The Transition Agreement states that all additional airplane growth should be split between the groups until the integration is completed. There's a reason for this: to prevent whipsawing. Contract negotiations are in progress!

BTW, a vacancy/upgrade bid is due out West in a month or so to account for attrition. Some recalls might be required this fall for that.

I hope you're right about the recalls. I say that because the transition agreement is crap. It is heavily slanted in favor of the West pilots. And FYI whipsawing is already occuring by the intermingling of E/W flying by the company totally disregarding the crap TA.

A fair TA would have brought all new flying to the East until the furloughed guys were recalled. That's not ragging on the West guys, that's being fair with the ENTIRE pilot group.

pilot

I hope you're right about the recalls. I say that because the transition agreement is crap. It is heavily slanted in favor of the West pilots. And FYI whipsawing is already occuring by the intermingling of E/W flying by the company totally disregarding the crap TA.

A fair TA would have brought all new flying to the East until the furloughed guys were recalled. That's not ragging on the West guys, that's being fair with the ENTIRE pilot group.

pilot

There you guys go again we want everything tell me what should AWA pilots get from this deal also tell us where in the T/A is it in favor of us because so far you guys are making out like thieves in the night(B757). The people on furlough had no expection of coming back to usair because you were days from going out of business. Merging(wink wink) with usair put the brakes on awa we see our flying going to east las-fll las-mia phx-bos etc etc what has awa got from east 1 sh&&y red eye from PDX which you can keep we go to Hawaii and next thing you know you would say we deserve to fly that route because we gave so much. personally I hope to never fly with anyone of you because you make me sick I wish the moderator open up a awa message board so awa people can converse with each other on real crap and not the usair east bi$$$ing about what they deserve(which is crap if you really need to know).

Can someone help me understand this from the AWA group perspective.

How many AWA pilots are on furlough that are dying to get back to the skies?

Cause I know that US-East has like 1,400 still.. and just laid off 300 E170 pilots, which is the same model as the E190 except bigger motors and a few more seats.

I just want to understand the rationale here.

Would an AWA pilot flying a 737-300 out of PHX really want to transfer to DCA or PHL, where the cost of living is MUCH higher, to fly right seat in what is essentially an "RJ on steroids" ??

Its a sad day for unions when you have to ask MANANGEMENT to protect the group.

JERRY GLASS WILL TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE of promoting to pit one against the other, BECAUSE BAKER ALREADY GAVE HIM THAT SEGWAY.

Geezus.

There you guys go again we want everything tell me what should AWA pilots get from this deal also tell us where in the T/A is it in favor of us because so far you guys are making out like thieves in the night(B757). The people on furlough had no expection of coming back to usair because you were days from going out of business. Merging(wink wink) with usair put the brakes on awa we see our flying going to east las-fll las-mia phx-bos etc etc what has awa got from east 1 sh&&y red eye from PDX which you can keep we go to Hawaii and next thing you know you would say we deserve to fly that route because we gave so much. personally I hope to never fly with anyone of you because you make me sick I wish the moderator open up a awa message board so awa people can converse with each other on real crap and not the usair east bi$$$ing about what they deserve(which is crap if you really need to know).

LOL, yea, sure, I can just visualize DP conteplating even another merger...yeaas siree...

Fine...bid on over to the E-190 and the vacancy you create in the West can be filled with a furloughed East pilot. I'm sure he/she won't mind a bit.

Matter of fact, why don't you guys bid ALL the 190 slots and we'll send our guys over to fly higher paying equipment.

Problem solved!!!

A320 Driver B)

Wow - a pilot leader with balls. Can you imagine 320 or any of his minions uttering a phrase like that?

pilot
I would recommend that you hold of on giving jr so much credit. Once you get to know him, you will know why I give the warning.

How many AWA pilots are on furlough that are dying to get back to the skies?
Zero.
I just want to understand the rationale here. Would an AWA pilot flying a 737-300 out of PHX really want to transfer to DCA or PHL, where the cost of living is MUCH higher, to fly right seat in what is essentially an "RJ on steroids" ??
There are plenty who are interested. I'm based in PHX but I live in MKE so I might be interested. If not enough West people bid the vacancies then there should be no problem giving them to Easties. What don't you understand? The furloughees will be recalled as vacancies open regardless.

Fine...bid on over to the E-190 and the vacancy you create in the West can be filled with a furloughed East pilot. I'm sure he/she won't mind a bit.

Matter of fact, why don't you guys bid ALL the 190 slots and we'll send our guys over to fly higher paying equipment.

Problem solved!!!

A320 Driver B)

For personal and professional reasons, I hope all of the E-190s go east. They can stay there. I was visiting friends at United and watched them load bags on the Air Canada E-190 and, boy, were they pitching a fit. It's worse than an MD-80 to load. A ramper has to basically curl up like a ball to stack bags. Keep them out east.

Latest posts