US Airways - AWA ALPA EMB-190 Dispute

This is what I want to see. For every 190 slot taken by a HP pilot, I want to see one slot open up in the west for a furloughed pilot.

Because if you think about it, that 190 slot would have gone to a furloughed pilot, and the west side won't cry for one pilot gone....and just like that, there goes any chance for a recall for a furloughed pilot.

You sound fairly clueless about the TA between AWA/US pilots.

Actually, the fear that vacancies will disappear into thin air is based on historical facts for us East pilots - it's been happening since 1991.

Jim

Thats true, but i just think of some of the people who are with Piedmont and such that have been jerked around and made sacrifices for the company like we have just to have planes parked and replaced with outside rjs.. it would be nice to at least offer some sort of preferential hiring. I agree though it would be nice to work with actual new hires but with the pay rates today i hope we can attract good ones

Okay, I can see that since you put it that way.

the west has been open and optimistic about this merger from the get go. now with the east mec's position on the 190 growth aircraft. i think you will see a whole new attitude from the rank and file. you (no offense) east ankle grabbers dont deserve #### and i know many like minded westies will agree. you are lucky to have somewhere to go besides starbucks and wal-mart today. take a deep breath and get on the program......

the west has been open and optimistic about this merger from the get go. now with the east mec's position on the 190 growth aircraft. i think you will see a whole new attitude from the rank and file. you (no offense) east ankle grabbers dont deserve #### and i know many like minded westies will agree. you are lucky to have somewhere to go besides starbucks and wal-mart today. take a deep breath and get on the program......

E-190s in PHX will mean more work for local chiropractors.

Keep the E-190 out east. :lol:

WHAT!!! :shock: Excuse me but I would like to know why some think that America West was some major powerhouse that was going to take on the world? This merger has opened opportunities for EVERYONE OF US, that means US Airways employees as well as America West employees. Yes US Airways was in deep doo and it wasn't looking so good, but let's not forget that America West was making small profits for only a couple of years (albeit a profit is a profit) and as recent as a few years ago America West was on the front cover of nearly every aviation magazine as "America's Worst" and not long before that had the Airbus deliveries halted by the FAA because of Maintenance issues. Just like the AWA employees, US Airways employees have fought long and hard to keep their company going so let's cut the crap about how lucky they are to have a job and that they were saved by AWA or vice versa. It's going to take every single employee coming together to make this thing fly successfully so cut the bull and stop pointing fingers.

Why must there always be some schmuck like CRI.13L? He joined this forum just to flamebait. Let's not give him the satisfaction of a response.

Why must there always be some schmuck like CRI.13L? He joined this forum just to flamebait. Let's not give him the satisfaction of a response.

Yea... Well it would be nice to get the 190's in CLT and send those CRJ 900's back to PHX!!!
Why is everyone worried about this 190!!! The pay rates suck and it will help get the furloughed folks there jobs back...... Something that MDA was suppose to do!!

Since you are just a newbie on this board you might want to sift thru the old posts. There was a whole thread on the "who saved who/who was worse off".
If your FIRST post starts off with this attitude, we don't want you...there are enough a$$holes on here.

What is the east's position and the west's position (your take)?
Do you really know or just going on rumors?
Does it affect you personally?

Actually, the fear that vacancies will disappear into thin air is based on historical facts for us East pilots - it's been happening since 1991.

Jim

Yep. And it's in fact *very likely* to happen now, as the West has significantly more pilots per plane than the East does (I think it's 13 vs 11). US is quite likely just not going to replace those jobs and instead just operate with a tighter staffing model.

And yes, it's true, US was more efficient than HP in pilot staffing, imagine that. And if all were equal, US should have had more pilots per plane as a result of more fleet types and in particular the need for an IRO on the widebodies, so the difference is even more pronounced than it seems. I think some heads out west are about to explode when they hear that--raining down kool-aid on the rest of us, no doubt.

Yep. And it's in fact *very likely* to happen now, as the West has significantly more pilots per plane than the East does (I think it's 13 vs 11). US is quite likely just not going to replace those jobs and instead just operate with a tighter staffing model.

And yes, it's true, US was more efficient than HP in pilot staffing, imagine that. And if all were equal, US should have had more pilots per plane as a result of more fleet types and in particular the need for an IRO on the widebodies, so the difference is even more pronounced than it seems. I think some heads out west are about to explode when they hear that--raining down kool-aid on the rest of us, no doubt.

Doesn't HP have a higher utilization rate therefore the need for more pilots per A/C? Also US east run basically FAR mins which probably requires less pilots, if and when we get a better contract we will see a change in this. 1Q '06 HP made 13 mil US loss 15 mil (if I recall correctly) who's really more efficient.

Also US east run basically FAR mins which probably requires less pilots, if and when we get a better contract we will see a change in this.

Doesn't a "better" contract for the contracts translate into less efficient for the company?

1Q '06 HP made 13 mil US loss 15 mil (if I recall correctly) who's really more efficient.

Thank you for proving my point.

I said more efficient in pilot staffing. HP is clearly better than US at some things, but US is clearly better than HP at some things.

The problem with this airline is that the people running things in Tempe, and a huge number of the HP workers, refuse to accept that US might have possibly been better at anything. HP was running an absolutely perfect airline in every single freaking way. Thus every single decision for the new airline is to automatically do things the HP way, and not look and see if maybe, just maybe US was doing something better.

Hope you're enjoying the kool-aid.

Doesn't a "better" contract for the contracts translate into less efficient for the company?
Thank you for proving my point.

I said more efficient in pilot staffing. HP is clearly better than US at some things, but US is clearly better than HP at some things.

The problem with this airline is that the people running things in Tempe, and a huge number of the HP workers, refuse to accept that US might have possibly been better at anything. HP was running an absolutely perfect airline in every single freaking way. Thus every single decision for the new airline is to automatically do things the HP way, and not look and see if maybe, just maybe US was doing something better.

Hope you're enjoying the kool-aid.

To be honest with you I'm not sure what your point is. Can you be more specific?