US Airways CEO hints more airline consolidation may be ahead

My crystal ball says that the second time is a charm. It feels right this time.

OK, let's assume it happens...what do you predict happens to the name of the combined airline? What do you predict comes of the UA product (both domestic and international)?

OK, let's assume it happens...what do you predict happens to the name of the combined airline? What do you predict comes of the UA product (both domestic and international)?
I think that the product will be what LCC's intent has been all along-- that it will finally succeed in becoming a true low cost and FULL service carrier.
The name will be tricky. They're both great names, so maybe go with the one that holds the flying certificate.

So, does that mean UA International service does away with the FC product so that there is just Y and J? Does that mean PS service goes away? Does that mean E+ disappears? Does that mean TED goes away and those flights are changed so that they have BOTH FC and Y again? Do you keep IAD and PHL or do you transfer all international operations on east coast to one of those airports? Do you do away with a focus city in LAS because of LAX and SFO? Do you keep DEN and ORD? Do you charge for inflight entertainment on those UA routes?

and the big question, the best thing about UA: Do you keep Channel 9? :up: :up: :up: :up:

So, does that mean UA International service does away with the FC product so that there is just Y and J? Does that mean PS service goes away? Does that mean E+ disappears? Does that mean TED goes away and those flights are changed so that they have BOTH FC and Y again? Do you keep IAD and PHL or do you transfer all international operations on east coast to one of those airports? Do you do away with a focus city in LAS because of LAX and SFO? Do you keep DEN and ORD? Do you charge for inflight entertainment on those UA routes?

and the big question, the best thing about UA: Do you keep Channel 9? :up: :up: :up: :up:
It would be the MOTHER of all mergers.

Yes, it would unfreakingbelievable...my two all time favorite airlines....ok, if Eastern were still around, I would love that only because that was the first flight I ever took---PHL-MCO in the 70's to go to Disney World...th only Magic Kingdom served by Eastern. But, if this does happen, they must keep Channel 9!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it would unfreakingbelievable...my two all time favorite airlines....ok, if Eastern were still around, I would love that only because that was the first flight I ever took---PHL-MCO in the 70's to go to Disney World...th only Magic Kingdom served by Eastern. But, if this does happen, they must keep Channel 9!!!!!!!!!!!
Eastern is still around...they're all in DCA!

They'll need new Heritage logos.......and a lot of the HP FA's will be new permanent reserves.

Oh, and a certain airbus pilot likely will be going to reserve.

Also, UA would be the first major airline to go thru BK after the new BK laws took effect. That may be a negative consideration for them.

**If** Tempe is in charge and **if** a merger or acquisition occurs those work rules might well be changing........

Back