Let’s Bring Our Jobs And Our Work Back Home

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC

The Teamsters are standing in the way of bringing outsourced Americas West aircraft maintenance back home and recalling hundreds of laid off mechanics.

Preventing the farmout of our work

The IAM has solid language which prevents the farmout of IAM maintenance work. Much of that work at America West is done in El Salvador. Once the IAM is certified as the union for Mechanics & Related at the new US Airways that work and those jobs will return.

The financially-strapped Teamster union, however, is desperate for a representation election and will do anything to scrape up a few new members  even if it means that maintenance work that could be ours is performed in El Salvador and hundreds of mechanics sit at home.

Don’t sign a Teamsters authorization card

Don’t let the Teamsters force an election down your throats. The longer it takes to certify the IAM as bargaining representative at the new US Airways, the more work heads to Central America. The longer the Teamsters can delay IAM certification, the longer our Sisters and Brothers go without a paycheck.

Don’t sign a card for the Teamsters or anyone else.
Don’t put your future at risk.

The parties agree that the Company may continue to (a) contract out work heretofore customarily or historically contracted out ( return equipment parts or assemblies to the manufacture or to a manufacture-approved repair station for repair or replacement, © contract out work when the Company’s facilities and equipment are not sufficient, or qualified personal are not available, or where employees available do not have the experience and the ability to perform the work required, (d) contract out work at any location where such work has not heretofore been performed by unit employees on a regular basis, or at any location where the Company has not heretofore maintained permanent maintenance facilities or employees.
seems to me someones got somebody by..as we say in PIT 'the balls'....oooo.1995 IBT represented and they still haven't negotiated any new inhouse work... :lol: :lol:
but if you vote for us we shall set you free....free to do what,become a migrant aircraft worker?? :lol:
i see a loophole big enough to drive a friggin' freightliner through.... :lol:

seems to me someones got somebody by..as we say in PIT 'the balls'....oooo.1995 IBT represented and they still haven't negotiated any new inhouse work... :lol: :lol:
but if you vote for us we shall set you free....free to do what,become a migrant aircraft worker?? :lol:

ROFL........Don't sign a Teamsters card (its not really a Teamsters card)keep the IAM contract you have now. Let's keep our jobs secure and let those that have been put on the street take care of themselves. This is what the IAM saying to you.

The fact still remains, that no Teamsters have been put on the street because of the contract,9/11, BK or fuel prices. If that is a loop hole then we need more.

You also fail to mention that there is a 10 year top out on the present Teamsters contract. Raises are still happening. So your next raise is when? :)

Gonzo,
Are the IBT union dues 2 1/2 times hourly rate? Is there also an extra $3.00 per month for a strike fund?

The Techs in PHX meet with Parker and the boys today and he flat out said no awa c-checks will be brought back in house and the company is in talks with the IAM to farm out your own checks boy it seems like your IAM are in bed with the company and are taking care of you feal good. why do you think the company wants the iam in and the teamsters out parker said it would cost the company money if the ibt was the serviving union! I wounder why maybe he would have to bring your pay and benifits back up. I was told this meeting was web casted today and we cant access this on our computers at work so I'll check later on it and try and post the link so anyone can listen to parkers comments for them selfs and you can decide for your self.

The Teamsters are standing in the way of bringing outsourced Americas West aircraft maintenance back home and recalling hundreds of laid off mechanics.

Preventing the farmout of our work

The IAM has solid language which prevents the farmout of IAM maintenance work. Much of that work at America West is done in El Salvador. Once the IAM is certified as the union for Mechanics & Related at the new US Airways that work and those jobs will return.

The financially-strapped Teamster union, however, is desperate for a representation election and will do anything to scrape up a few new members  even if it means that maintenance work that could be ours is performed in El Salvador and hundreds of mechanics sit at home.

Don’t sign a Teamsters authorization card

Don’t let the Teamsters force an election down your throats. The longer it takes to certify the IAM as bargaining representative at the new US Airways, the more work heads to Central America. The longer the Teamsters can delay IAM certification, the longer our Sisters and Brothers go without a paycheck.

Don’t sign a card for the Teamsters or anyone else.
Don’t put your future at risk.

With the IAM contract, I wouldn't make any more money I am making now. I would not get a raise until after 2009, I would have less benefits that would cost me more and less holidays paid for and less sick time. Parker will not bring that work inhouse. What is already inhouse will stay. What is outsourced will stay.

With the IAM contract, I wouldn't make any more money I am making now. I would not get a raise until after 2009, I would have less benefits that would cost me more and less holidays paid for and less sick time. Parker will not bring that work inhouse. What is already inhouse will stay. What is outsourced will stay.
But if the Airbus work comes in-house, that may mean more mechanics which in turn means more dues collected. What do you think it is all about?

There are raises every year in the IAM CBA.
Yea I can't wait to get my .23 cents an hour raise in January of 2006. Maybe someone on this site can give me suggestions where I'm gonna spend all that extra coin!! :down: Your statement is true 700 but its not much to be proud of.

320tech,

Parker is lying or you are, the IAM is not talking to the company to farm out any checks, the checks we do in-house on the east side are still going to be done and the HP planes will be brought in-house as soon as the NMB rules.

As a matter of fact the company intends to bring some of the outsourced work back in-house and that came from Hemenway and Huele.

320tech,

Parker is lying or you are, the IAM is not talking to the company to farm out any checks, the checks we do in-house on the east side are still going to be done and the HP planes will be brought in-house as soon as the NMB rules.

As a matter of fact the company intends to bring some of the outsourced work back in-house and that came from Hemenway and Huele.
Are you still on the property 700? I am amazed if you are that you didn't know about the engine shop jobs that were bid in clt this week.

I know about them, they are moving them from PIT to CLT.

I wonder if the "Mexican" driving that rig is a member of the IAM, or the IBT?

I wonder why the IAM is your best choice now that thousands of their “formerâ€￾ members are in the streets?

I wonder, but not really, why 700 is on here day and night begging all you posters and voters to please see the world thru his tortured eyes so he can continue doing the same old same old, posting day and night espousing the IAM's virtues.

Heads up everyone. Once upon a time 700 wrote that he doesn't like everything the IAM does but must stick to the straight and narrow line of an IAM solder. You will never read that anywhere except right here. I saw his words with my own two eyes, so read his desperate posts with more than a shadow of doubt, but rather a very deep concern.

Cal

You need some help, you don't know me nor know what I am all about.

And yes I don't agree with everything the IAM does that is why I am involved to help change the things I don't agree with and support the organization and its membership.

You are obsessed and desperate and your posts show this.

Since you are gone, why bother coming back to try and stir the pot?

Latest posts