Let’s Bring Our Jobs And Our Work Back Home

Cal,

Didn't you say in one of your posts that if there was a choice, you would never choose IBT to represent you because of an experience you had?

------------------------------------------------------

The IAM is the only union I had any bad experiences with, READ Plural...two different places and times. 70’s and 90’s.

Union represented workplaces in general have not been the best places I have been employed. And, I have been employed at many places considering the chaos from the Steel Mills on and being at the perfect wrong age without a graduate degree to fall back on. Falling back on the unions was not an option because they had their own mass casualties to worry about let alone little old me. I made it with trade skills with zero help of any union. The places I worked at with unions told me I was working too hard, not taking a break on time or too short of time and that I produced too much. Funny because my work ethics and habits have enabled me to maintain steady good employment while many union members ask me if I can put in the good word for them. Sorry to say, most I can not, if I am to remain honest.

He does not know what he is talking about, the company and the IAM are in talks to bring more work back in-house as we can do it cheaper, better and quicker then the vendors.

He does know what he's talking about, I was at the meeting with Doug Parker on Wed. beleive me he did say they fully intends to outsource the checks. you mr 70 were not there so theres another thing you don't have the facts on. and there is no way in hell any american company can even come close to the cost of taca in san salvador do we have any techs making $7.00 an hour

It does not matter what Parker thinks he can do, it has been to court and arbitration and the IAM has prevailed and it is precedent setting and binding.

Dave Siegel and Everett Hemenway tried and lost.

all i can say is don't be too suprised if they go back to court again....
when fighting an opponent for the first time,and you lose...you study his ways and come back ; if you are strong you defeat him at a later date....

when fighting an opponent for the first time,and you lose...you study his ways and come back ; if you are strong you defeat him at a later date....

Boy dude you send mix signals, but I have to agree with most of what you say.

The only precedent setting and binding actions that are written in stone are these facts: Corporate America can and does break contracts daily, they do it all the time.

Look at the PBGC making news recently for having a giant deficient because corporate America is breaking contract after contract and dumping the burden in the PBGC's lap. Those contracts were all signed and meant for hard workers retirement years.

Look at all the retired workers who lost or are losing their healthcare coverage that was in a contract they counted on. Now people way beyond retirement years are taking guard jobs and other little jobs to help pay for their prescriptions and healthcare insurance they lost.

All you need to do is look at all the contracts singed by corporate America and unions that were broken, which is precedent setting and binding in itself.

It has been made easy for corporate America to break contracts and anyone with half a brain realizes this fact. The second a company screams distress, the court system allows them to do whatever they wish in the name of the company’s survival. That entails CEO’s becoming filthy rich and unions members losing everything they worked years for, it is happening daily.

Caterpillar, where the IAM represented workers had a contract with the IAM. They basically did whatever they wanted in spite of the IAM. The fired lazy workers and kept the ones who really wanted to work, they changed contracts and pensions to whatever they felt suited the bottom line, that was precedent setting and binding. That is also, fact.

The working public see these facts and sees what union dues cost and then laughs or cries depending on what side of the fence they are on.

We live in an upside down world that needs drastic change to right itself, but the answer is not in the unions for the working class because they themselves are part of the problem and that is the only thing that is precedent setting and binding.

The IAM has a very sorry track record, that is a fact. Any union can accomplish what the IAM has accomplished. Since the bar is so low, why would anyone want to join a known losing union or pay a penny in dues.

Loyalty only goes so far, eating and supporting your family is the most powerful motivator known to man and why unions are fast become relics.

Ceo’s are becoming multimillionaires while the working class sinks to the very bottom of the pits needing every dime they can come across, so why would they throw a dime at union dues that didn’t stop them from looking at the high dirty walls surrounding them, why? Precedent setting and binding alright.

True "grass hopper". That's why they have consultants an full time attorneys. :)

It does not matter what Parker thinks he can do, it has been to court and arbitration and the IAM has prevailed and it is precedent setting and binding.

Dave Siegel and Everett Hemenway tried and lost.
How do you explain how the IAM did ALL overhaul and support work on their aircraft since 1949. They sent the Airbus out to vendors and lost that action in a court decision. However, only months later are sending 50% of the 737's, all the 757's, all 767's, every A330 and just about all the shops out to vendors per the contract. Don't you think that is precedent?

Gonzo,
Are the IBT union dues 2 1/2 times hourly rate? Is there also an extra $3.00 per month for a strike fund?

Yes, the union dues are 2.5 times the hourly rate. The basic hourly rate. Not including license premium or shift differential.

We pay $26.oo a year for a strike fund.

How do you explain how the IAM did ALL overhaul and support work on their aircraft since 1949. They sent the Airbus out to vendors and lost that action in a court decision. However, only months later are sending 50% of the 737's, all the 757's, all 767's, every A330 and just about all the shops out to vendors per the contract. Don't you think that is precedent?
you know as well as i that they new (IAM + company)that the membership wouldn't reject that.

Boy dude you send mix signals, but I have to agree with most of what you say.
sorry guy but this technology real pain inass on windy day..... :lol:

What is needed is a global union. Maybe we could elect the Antichrist to head it, that way corporate America would then have a little healthy competition.

Latest posts