Us Airways First Class Good/bad

Aug 25, 2003
How is the first class section on UsAirways?? I have never been inthe first cabin before. How is the food on flights to LAX or DEN from PHL or PITin first class? I have seen US flies 767-200ERs to Orlando from PHL how is the envoy class on those? Any responses are greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks.

SkiUtahSLCDelta said:
How is the first class section on UsAirways?? I have never been inthe first cabin before. How is the food on flights to LAX or DEN from PHL or PITin first class? I have seen US flies 767-200ERs to Orlando from PHL how is the envoy class on those? Any responses are greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks.
First class is a joke now. The only difference now is that your bag o pretzels is handed to you out of a basket instead of a plastic bag. We really need to pull those seats out and make the whole thing cattle car, because first/envoy have deteriorated to the point where they are a disgrace to real first class. :angry:

N513AU said:
First class is a joke now. The only difference now is that your bag o pretzels is handed to you out of a basket instead of a plastic bag. We really need to pull those seats out and make the whole thing cattle car, because first/envoy have deteriorated to the point where they are a disgrace to real first class. :angry:
There's more to first class than just food.

You will get a much nicer seat than coach. I very much like the seats on US's Airbus 319/320/321 aircraft - particularly when they are clean (which seems to be rarer these days). As for the 767 in and out of MCO - they are great for a short flight such as MCO-PHL. These aircraft are pretty dated and worn for transatlantic service when compared to othe business class products out there but for a short doestic hop they are great. Note that this is not true for the US A-330 which is a FANTASTIC plane for business class (Envoy) acroos the pond.

As for FC service on any US flight, you will get plastic cups in FC and chances are a snack basket. On the longer flights (LAX to the east coast) you will get a meal service. Some flights offer (for free) the bistro meal that is for sale in coach for $10. These are catered by a third party and opinions of them vary widely -from fine to horrible. I've had two of them and they are OK in my book.

The general concensus among many frequent fliers is that US's domestic first class has deteriorated significantly over the last year or so. Mind you this is NOT a comment about the FA service which is still some of the best around but rather a comment on what is offered in that cabin. US is the only major carrier serving drinks in FC on longer flights in plastic cups. All the others use glassware. In the big sceme of things this is not really a big deal but what is happening is that given the choice, many frequent fliers are choosing other airlines where a paid FC seat or the use of upgrades make it worthwhile.

What First Class?
It's an UPGRADE...

A new hire, agent,in the past has flown CO versus US-she says our,US is Dumpy compared to CO>..
In the scheme of things, our service is a JOKE, and I'm not degrading the crews, I would never never do that..

The seat's yes, should be removed...Remember when US way back in the mid 80's had the BAC 111?

Interesting... :blink:

golden1 said:
What First Class?
It's an UPGRADE...

A new hire, agent,in the past has flown CO versus US-she says our,US is Dumpy compared to CO>..
In the scheme of things, our service is a JOKE, and I'm not degrading the crews, I would never never do that..

The seat's yes, should be removed...Remember when US way back in the mid 80's had the BAC 111?

Interesting... :blink:
After you remove those seats remind me again what it is that makes you different from SWA & JetBlue. Your lower costs? The cheaper walkup fares? Your simpler, more customer friendly rules? The nice, new, clean planes? Pretzels instead of peanuts? A cup instead of the can? Buying a meal onboard that I could just as easily get (cheaper and fresh) in the terminal? Pay toilets?

Wait a minute folks

I flew the 76 phl/mco first class from phl/mco last month, the a/c was great,the crew was great and the food was great....

My only complaint is all 24 seats were free upgrades. OS's from Y....
what a waste....

taylor01 said:
Wait a minute folks

I flew the 76 phl/mco first class from phl/mco last month, the a/c was great,the crew was great and the food was great....

My only complaint is all 24 seats were free upgrades. OS's from Y....
what a waste....
Right. Now take those F seats away. What are you left with?

Overall how is the food on USair trancontinental flights?? I have heard only bad things unfortunitely. My pal said he flew to Denver and he got the in flight cafe meal in first. not even a hot meal on a 4 hour flight and his company paid 1800 dollars for first class, every other airlne on earth would give a real meal. Usair has gotten so cheap they should call their cabin business class like airtran not first class. They serve drinks in plastic cups in "first".

Latest posts

Back