US Airways Flight Attendant Celebrates Golden Anniversary With 50 Years of Service

from what i understand this lady is a scab. yeah it's nice that she celebrated 50 yrs with the company and is number one (which i kinda disagree with because she is former eastern and that's a whole nuther story) but the fact of the matter is that she is a scab. plain ans simple. some of you don't want to hear it but i don't know her so it doesen't bother me to say it. and if i did know her i probrably would say it anyway. it's sad that our most senior f/a is a scab. i don't care if she flew the wright brothers airplane she crossed the picket line at eastern and went to work when she shouldn't have . she should have stuck with her brothers and sisters who struck. it's unfortunate that she has a sick son but everyone has issues . did not make her anymore speacial than her fellow co-workers that didn't cross the picket line. flame away.

She never crossed the picket line. Get your facts straight before you put a smear on Bette. Do you personally know her? Ever flown with her? Do you know what happened exactly around March 4th 1989-- were you there? You're a very small person to discredit someone without knowing the person or the facts.

from what i understand this lady is a scab. yeah it's nice that she celebrated 50 yrs with the company and is number one (which i kinda disagree with because she is former eastern and that's a whole nuther story) but the fact of the matter is that she is a scab. plain ans simple. some of you don't want to hear it but i don't know her so it doesen't bother me to say it. and if i did know her i probrably would say it anyway. it's sad that our most senior f/a is a scab. i don't care if she flew the wright brothers airplane she crossed the picket line at eastern and went to work when she shouldn't have . she should have stuck with her brothers and sisters who struck. it's unfortunate that she has a sick son but everyone has issues . did not make her anymore speacial than her fellow co-workers that didn't cross the picket line. flame away.
are there facts of this? its unfortunate if true. but without facts your post is just smearing . i have friends that say she is and some that say she is not. i am surprised you haven't been sent away for this post.

None of the former Trump Shuttle flight crewmembers are scabs.

IIRC, they were required to declare which airline they were going to work for -- Trump, or stay at Eastern -- somewhere around December of 1988 or January of 1989.

Although the Trump Shuttle did not begin flying until around June, 1989, the structure of it -- including the pilot and F/A seniority lists -- were in place several months prior; and prior to the EAL mechanics' strike of March 4, 1989.

So she was a scab?
Bette (and almost ALL of the F/A and pilots that "bid out" for the Shuttle) had to bid, be accepted by the Trump organization in SENIORITY ORDER, and wait to see what would happen. AFTER EAL fell, we were all without jobs. Some did become scabs, but NOT Bette.

Those of us who wanted to survive, and did not have a spouse to pull us through got jobs. I was in ATL when a letter arrived telling me to report for the Trump start up in LGA. I had to quit my current job and went "on faith" that an airline was truly going to materialize.

The rest is history...

Bette was NOT a scab, and to answer another post...yes, we DID have some scabs, but very few. We all knew the scabs but Bette was not one of them. If you had been with EAL, a bid had to be taken....SENIORITY order, and Bette was not the most senior. One of the most precious things we held to was seniority with any merger...and don't you look for the same consideration when, or if, our West partners are integrated?

It is pathetic that you would arbitrarily smear a wonderful woman like Bette. You would never meet a more kind, sincere, loving, caring woman. She deserves the title of F/A of the year.

Ask a question in the future and get the facts. Rumors are vicious and malicious!

Sounds like you might be a little jealous, Hack? <_< When you walk in someone shoes, then you have the right to tell that person how to live their life...start at your own home first...
Oh, for Christs' sake...would you people give it a rest already?...

Holy ####...

I just read a thread about a lady who held her head high for 50 years of this f'd up business, with a tear in my eye, and some jackas$ pulls a scab comment?

fcuck off, jacka$$

grow up, or get out.

didn't mean to quote this post...sorry..you know who you are with the scab BS...

damn, I am ausairways f/a and not even my mom is FIFTY, I wonder if theres any hope fo us, to get out of reserve or F/A'S would start resurrecting,,,, I am serious about my mom's age are you serious about this??????

damn, I am ausairways f/a and not even my mom is FIFTY, I wonder if theres any hope fo us, to get out of reserve or F/A'S would start resurrecting,,,, I am serious about my mom's age are you serious about this??????

C'mon...If you're an US AIRWAYS FA you would know that working for US AIRWAYS is no picnic...let alone 50 years of suffering and mental anguish ;) Walk Away if you can afford to.

Latest posts