US Airways Names New Vice President of InFlight Services

I hope he does bring the supermodel look BACK ASAP!!!! Somebody needs to clean up our "look" Have you seen all the fat cows working and mooing through the aisles. The old guys with beer bellies. Our service sucks and too many crew members have really let themselves go. Put lipstick on that pig already it is needed sooooooooooooo bad...I even hear customers comment on 'i thought flight attendants were supposed to be pretty' or 'look at that old one'

I hope he actually listens to the chairman's comments and fa comments...time will tell.

Not so much he can do about the weight issue, but he can certainly require a certain uniform standard, and he absolutely should. It's way overdue.

At the very least: Ties on men, pressed shirt. Period. It's not that hard, boys.

Gate checks. If you are not in compliance and look and act like a total slob, you go home. Period. No whining and crying and begging. Send down an OPR from the dungeon. Stat! You're off to Rome.

People I fly with always say, "This company should be worried about more important things than how I am dressed." "When the company cares about me, then I'll look the part..." Drives me batcrazy. You look like a slob, and, sadly, have no personal pride.

Stop blaming the fact that you look like a washed up hillbilly on the fact that this company is a mess. Have some personal pride for cripes sake.

To jetjok:

You may be right, his hands may be tied too much to do anything productive, but that still makes me wonder: Why not promote a current "yes man" from within, instead of this seasoned guy, who may actually know what a nice service looks like?

As to a unified FA contract is that even possible without a Pilot one? Or are the FA's willing to break away?

The FAs have their own CBA and their own union, they are free to negotiate and ratify a unified CBA.

Not so much he can do about the weight issue, but he can certainly require a certain uniform standard, and he absolutely should. It's way overdue.

At the very least: Ties on men, pressed shirt. Period. It's not that hard, boys.

Gate checks. If you are not in compliance and look and act like a total slob, you go home. Period. No whining and crying and begging. Send down an OPR from the dungeon. Stat! You're off to Rome.

People I fly with always say, "This company should be worried about more important things than how I am dressed." "When the company cares about me, then I'll look the part..." Drives me batcrazy. You look like a slob, and, sadly, have no personal pride.

Stop blaming the fact that you look like a washed up hillbilly on the fact that this company is a mess. Have some personal pride for cripes sake.

couldn't have said it better myself .

The FAs have their own CBA and their own union, they are free to negotiate and ratify a unified CBA.

I know that but I was under the impression that the FAs wanted to wait for language in the Pilot contract becuse they may want to tie into it as in the past? That was my understanding and the reason for the question.

I know that but I was under the impression that the FAs wanted to wait for language in the Pilot contract becuse they may want to tie into it as in the past? That was my understanding and the reason for the question.
Well, considering the last scheduling proposal the company brought to the table was so lacking, we don't need to concern ourselves with the "me too " issue just yet. I realize that many aspects of the scheduling section are tied to the pilots, but the two groups are simply worlds apart in every aspect.

The way I see it, the company was in no rush to settle with the FA's; they are enjoying a significant cost savings on both sides, East and West. Now, I am hoping that with the departure of certain execs, DP has finally realized that morale is in the perpetual torlet, and it may, just may be beginning to affect the operation. I'm grasping at straws here, but hope I'm onto something............

I see it a bit odd that he reports to Flight. F/A's have always been under C/S. , or so I thought. Is this something new?

Don't you guys get all softy over this....Obviously, the guy has job-hopped quite a bit. Don't look for him to do anything differently...he's obviously adopted Managment's culture..otherwise, they wouldn't of hired him.
You hit the nail on the head PITBull...remember when everyone was singing Doug's praises as he took over---then we all found out what a schmuck he is. Your words are very wise.

That makes a bit of since seeing that most NW Execs will not have long careers at Delta, so I attribute that mostly just to timing.

US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker said Tuesday that "conditions are right" for the industry to transform itself into one based on a financial performance standard more on par with other industries. Among the changes needed, according to Parker, are improved labor relations and customer satisfaction, as well as more industry efforts to urge Congress to pass "do no harm" policies. Parker noted that for US Airways, revising its own business model has already paid off -- even if passenger revenues drop 15% the carrier will be profitable this year, thanks to capacity cuts and ancillary revenues. US Airways President Scott Kirby added that there has been "very little consumer pushback" to fees for checked bags, seat selection and other services -- fees that could bring in as much as $500 million this year. AviationWeek.com (3/25), Air Transport World (3/25), Reuters (3/24)

OK just to be funny for a minute how about that corporate picture. Ummmmmmm can we say put the Rainbow laser gun on Stun. I sure hope he's better at creating inflight service than dressing up. Holy smokes he looks like he's ready to retire to the library for a brandy. :lol: I sure hope his flair for inflight service is a bit updated compared to the outfit. Can we say Pan Am? Don't slam....that picture is BAD, BAD, BAD. YIKES :eek:

Latest posts