Nov 11, 2003
NC
AIRLINE RATED AS WORST IN INDUSTRY
US Airways still worst
airline for luggage
Lost luggage ends up in Charlotte warehouse
JEFFERSON GEORGE
[email protected]
Despite recent improvement, US Airways remains the worst major airline for mishandling bags and consistently trails the industry average for such reports.

Charlotte's dominant carrier also lags compared with itself, with more mishandled baggage reports in 2007 than in the previous year.

Link to full story

For some reason that story is no longer on the Charlotte Observer site.

Here’s an alternate link.

And once again, it’s the customer’s fault!

"The biggest breakdown we find is there's just nothing unique about that customer's bag," she said.

Indeed, Andersen (Melody Andersen, director of US Airways' central baggage resolution office)said, the most common bags in the warehouse are black rolling suitcases packed with clothes and other common items.

Oh. Ok, so 1 in 40 bags gets left behind even though we delivered it on time? How come Tempe's little propaganda reports don't say anything about this? The employee is to blame, but not publicly though.

Darned New Hires dragging down this company!
Once the compnay starts to pay what we deserve then we can attract better employees.
Then again, human resources hasn't been doing a good job at screening these new people. A lot of them shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Darned New Hires dragging down this company!
Wow, it must be awesome being you. In fact, the last oversold flight I dealt with was all pissed off because they were hoping to meet you, the solitary reason anyone even bought a ticket.

So, what is it like, being so successful in life and such an integral key to this operation?
That stellar attitude of yours is truly what makes us fly. I'll look for you in the next AboutUS.

Wow, it must be awesome being you. In fact, the last oversold flight I dealt with was all pissed off because they were hoping to meet you, the solitary reason anyone even bought a ticket.

So, what is it like, being so successful in life and such an integral key to this operation?
That stellar attitude of yours is truly what makes us fly. I'll look for you in the next AboutUS.

Lighten up Francis! It was a joke. Every time something like this happens someone will inevitably blame the New Hires and fail to accept any responsibility for their own lack of action. Thanks for playing along!

Joking aside, that was an outstanding response. It's posts like that that keep me coming back to USAviation. NICE!

Back