Holiday Bonus!

This is what irks me.

Gee said via e-mail that the airline was on track to meet both goals until mid-December, when bad weather and packed planes led to more delays and baggage issues.

So....the cause of the failure was weather (outside of the employees controls), and US Airways making too much revenue....great logic...lets penalize the line workers.

This is what irks me.

Gee said via e-mail that the airline was on track to meet both goals until mid-December, when bad weather and packed planes led to more delays and baggage issues.

So....the cause of the failure was weather (outside of the employees controls), and US Airways making too much revenue....great logic...lets penalize the line workers.
Had the numbers been better when the weather was good, it wouldn't have been a problem. Unfortunately, the numbers were barely above the goal, even with good weather for much of the time.

I for one am glad we did not make the OT performance goal that was set. The whole program was an insult and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. We use to get a $100 bonus without having any performance goals involved. What have we become? C-note hookers. That pitiful excuse of a bonus would not make any difference in my life so the sandcastle can keep it. Until you treat me with the respect I have earned then all you will get out of me is about 50% of what I'm capable of doing.

I never liked the idea of floating a bonus incentive out there for doing the job you are already supposed to be doing. Employees who have some control over the on time departures should be doing all they can to get flights out anyway. Offering a bonus to do better makes it sound like the employees didn't care to begin with. From my perspective, I think everyone was doing all they could before the incentive was offered. And like some others have pointed out, much of whether a flight is on time or not is out of the control of the employees. Weather, ATC holds, maintenance issues etc all affect on time performance and we can't change that.

Better to increase the pay and attract a higher quality employee if management thinks the ones they have are not already doing all they can to perform their job duties.

Folks, I think that Tempe wanted us to make this goal so they could show everyone that we do have the tools and the resources to do our jobs. We proved that no matter how hard we try, with out the proper tools and resources, this airline is at best sub par. They dangled a carrot in front of the ole mule and nothing happened. Doug, your business model is not working. Wake up man and smell the Jet-A. You have shown the country and the avaition world that you have absolutly no idea what the hell you are doing. Take YOUR bonus and sell us to someone who wants US to succed.
Express is not included in the stats

Quote from the Charlotte Observer..........

For employees frustrated at the lack of new labor contracts, however, the prospect of $100 wasn't a big incentive, said Mike Flores, president of the US Airways chapter of The Association of Flight Attendants.

Since the September 2005 merger of US Airways and America West, Flores said, top executives have made millions of dollars.

"That doesn't sit well with employees," he said. "To dangle a hundred bucks out there...it's an insult."

"These were goals that were not really attainable by all the employees," he said. "What these memberships want are better contracts."

US Airways has roughly 36,000 employees, including 5,300 based in Charlotte. The major labor groups, including pilots and flight attendants, are working without new labor contracts more than two years after the merger. Ending that impasse, Flores said, is more important than setting performance targets over the holidays.

www.charlotte.com/business

Quote from the Charlotte Observer..........

For employees frustrated at the lack of new labor contracts, however, the prospect of $100 wasn't a big incentive, said Mike Flores, president of the US Airways chapter of The Association of Flight Attendants.

Since the September 2005 merger of US Airways and America West, Flores said, top executives have made millions of dollars.

"That doesn't sit well with employees," he said. "To dangle a hundred bucks out there...it's an insult."

"These were goals that were not really attainable by all the employees," he said. "What these memberships want are better contracts."

US Airways has roughly 36,000 employees, including 5,300 based in Charlotte. The major labor groups, including pilots and flight attendants, are working without new labor contracts more than two years after the merger. Ending that impasse, Flores said, is more important than setting performance targets over the holidays.

www.charlotte.com/business
People outside the company see that and wonder why they can't do their job for their pay as well as the additional $100. Funny how a "free" $100 for doing your job is an insult.

People outside the company see that and wonder why they can't do their job for their pay as well as the additional $100. Funny how a "free" $100 for doing your job is an insult.

I didn't put the whole article on here.

The article also said we were on track until bad weather and packed planes led to delays and baggage issues.
We are NOT IN CONTROL OF THE WEATHER!!!

So, as Mr Flores stated....the goals weren't attainable.

As for the insult....US Airways banked 3 billion dollars this year.....D. Parker has slid 24 million in his pocket.....Reserve f/a's are on food stamps. What's wrong with this picture???

It is far more important to have new labor contracts than to wave a crumpled $100 dollar bill in my or anyone else's face.

The Desert Denizens should give us a Christmas bonus regardless.

This is what irks me.

Again they put the blame on the weather. Sick

wopr21

Before everyone tells me what a bad attitude I have...........Think about it!
$100 bucks less taxes is around 67.50 depending on where you live.
Who's going to bust thier butts for this management team for pennies on the hour when they are walking away with millions.
We should thank all those who called off sick over the holidays creating overtime positions where as
for those who wanted extra income had the opporitunity to make it.

It's going to take more than 67.50 to make me try harder and I don't work for Hertz.

i think you hit it on the head with the 67.50 . I myself never thought that we'd make the goal and am now realived to be able to tell everyone "i told you so " . the 50 dollar bonus is just pathetic , i'm poor but i'm not THAT poor ...

...........forget about the $100, its' gone over. Now, what if they turn around
and decide to go fwd. and give the $100 anyways, what do we say..thanks or
screw you. Please wake up, thier dangling a carrot in front of the horse. Without
the Pilots, F/A, Cust. Ser., and Ramp they (parker, etc..) will lose. We fail to see
that we are a force ,when we realize this. We sit back and allow corporate to dictate
our work rules and functions. If we ...everyone ...had strong representation this
would not occur. Patience is a virtue and in Phl this summer the International is going
to crumble. The Int'l Hall can not handle 10 Int'l inbounds right now along with the
Carib....In the summer the Int'l go up to as many as 21 and the Carib. go up to as many
as 14 or more. They only have one functioning belt...ONE....there are three other belts
available but one goes to the Delta Chute now and the other two merge into the main
one with no timing specs. So they are no good.......Maybe they'll offer $100 each month
for Phl in the summer, We won't meet that goal at all..............They've made no attempt
to rectify this other than flying a lady in from corporate about a month ago and walking
her through the recheck area prior to the flights coming in. She didn't see how things
could go bad...........the hall was empty.

Thanks

I don't get the point of this thread.

This is a fancy redressed version of the hat trick wich has been paid out before. If the hat trick never paid out I would say then they are setting the bar too high. the truth US has met similar goals over a period much shorter than two months. Flores was wrong in stating they were unattainable because it has been attained in the past.