WELL! Here is what they think of

Cleaned up by moderator.

Posted on Wed, Jan. 02, 2008
reprint or license print email
Digg it del.icio.us AIM
US Airways employees won't get bonus
JEFFERSON GEORGE
[email protected]

US Airways employees won't get $100 in bonus money after falling short on two performance goals over the holidays.

The airline's "Holiday Hustle" program would have rewarded employees for meeting two goals between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31: at least 60 percent of all flights departing at the scheduled time or earlier, and mishandling no more than seven bags per 1,000 bags. Employees would have gotten $50 for reaching just one goal.

Final statistics weren't available Wednesday, but US Airways spokesman Phil Gee said the airline missed both goals. Through Dec. 26, 58.5 percent of flights departed at the scheduled time, and US Airways had mishandled 7.43 bags per 1,000 bags.

Gee said via e-mail that the airline was on track to meet both goals until mid-December, when bad weather and packed planes led to more delays and baggage issues.

"The operation still went pretty well," Gee said, "but not well enough to get the prize."

The Arizona-based US Airways has about 36,000 employees, including about 5,300 based in Charlotte, its largest hub.
Click here to find out more!

I think it is about time the inept ones in Tempe realize no matter how many carrots you dangle in front of the beaten horses, the beaten horses will not be able to compensate for the operational mess caused by Tempe. It isn't the workers who put this airline in the craphole it is now situated. WAKE UP!

So, you didn't meet the goals that were set out and explained to you ahead of time and announced to everyone.

And, that is the shaft?

My football team lost in a bowl game the other day, they didn't score more than the other team, did they get the shaft?

But, if management decided to throw away the rules, that would be OK this time then?

I will get a nice bonus this year, however, if I don't meet goals that were negotiated between me and my boss, I don't get it. I won't say I was shafted, because I know what I have to do to get it, and if I fail, I don't get it.

This ain't little league where everyone gets a trophy no matter who wins.

They did get the shaft when they are not provided the proper resources to get the job done, but you would not know about that since you are not there working.

They did get the shaft when they are not provided the proper resources to get the job done, but you would not know about that since you are not there working.

700? Is that you? You said something that could be considered in favor toward labor and pilots?! :shock:

Oh, never mind you were referring to the FAs.. or maybe just the mechs. :lol:

I'm very sad to hear this. You would think that when a company makes 600 mil a year that a small thank you would be in order for all the benchmarks we have made to save this company. Its called a Christmas bonus.

The light will never go on in Tempe. The employees are the ones who make this company. Treat us as such.

"Oh so sorry you were so close, better luck next time and don't forget to have you pet spayed or neutered
and thanks for playing."

wopr21

So, you didn't meet the goals that were set out and explained to you ahead of time and announced to everyone.

And, that is the shaft?

My football team lost in a bowl game the other day, they didn't score more than the other team, did they get the shaft?

But, if management decided to throw away the rules, that would be OK this time then?

I will get a nice bonus this year, however, if I don't meet goals that were negotiated between me and my boss, I don't get it. I won't say I was shafted, because I know what I have to do to get it, and if I fail, I don't get it.

This ain't little league where everyone gets a trophy no matter who wins.

Spot on here my friend. I have lurked on this board for a year or so and YES I am an ex-HP employee and have since left the company all together for greener pastures (and lots more money). I see the negativity on this board and wonder why so many people think they are entitled to something. Like was said, the goals were announced and they were not met. You can blame it on weather, holiday loads, Doug, you name it you can pass blame. But the bottom line is no payout. Sorry :angry:

Spot on here my friend. I have lurked on this board for a year or so and YES I am an ex-HP employee and have since left the company all together for greener pastures (and lots more money). I see the negativity on this board and wonder why so many people think they are entitled to something. Like was said, the goals were announced and they were not met. You can blame it on weather, holiday loads, Doug, you name it you can pass blame. But the bottom line is no payout. Sorry :angry:

If your pastures are so green and you are making so much money then why are you looking over your shoulder and peeking over the fence with a frowny face? :huh: