Holiday Bonus!

Who in Tempe authorizes these slap in the face incentive programs any way? Note to whoever that may be NOBODY CARES!!! Your employees are tired of making excuses for upper managements failures! Doug has the town hall meetings, Station directors have town hall meetings and the answers to every question is " We are working on it or we'll look in to that or we'll get back to you on that, you can only use those excuses for so long and it gets to the point where nobody beleives anything you say! The solution to 98% of your problems can be solved by engaging your employees TRUTHFULLY, they know whats broken they see it every day!! Let your employees help you, stop treating them like there the enemy. Your employees aren't the ones who have implemented the changes that have made us the worst airline, it was upper management! Don't continue to make the same mistakes by fighting your employees work with them.
I agree with your assessment entirely. When the MERGER first took off I had hope but Tempe has squandered every opportunity placed before them and taken some serious missteps along the way (the list is ENDLESS, and we all have heard them over and over again). Then they decided to launch a campaign entitled "I Make US Fly" which had hype but nothing else behind it. Until these people get serious and treat their employees (East and West) as valuable assets and achieve a unified workforce, they are doing nothing of substance. WHY they can't see this is absolutely mindboggling. The rank and file employees live and see it, the passengers are subjected to it and yet the people who are expected to CORRECT the PROBLEMS sit on their arsces and do little to make the neccessary adjustments.

exhp,
"You are expected to do the best with the tools you are provided, work your 8 hours/day, be on time to work, just basically do your job. For this, you are entitled to receive yor paycheck. Period."

Good point , THAT'S what WE do everyday and the result is this thing called an airline.

"Granted, we were more of a large regional carrier but so what. We carved our niche in the west and we did what we did well."

Gotta love that one. Yes you were a regional operation and NO you didn't do that well HP was always in bottom tier of dot stats
and thats flying in VFR friendly environment with little ATC hassles .

but hey if you think you ran a great little airline that's fine.

The name USAIRWAYS was retained for worldwide recognition thats why it was changed for USair to USairways. just a little history lesson for you .

Oh, the irony.

All you union folks that are so strict on contracts and if its not in the contract, you ain't doing it.

Well, guess what? The company put out a contract with you, and you failed.

And you whine like 9 year old girls.

Entitlement cultures don't cut it, not these days.

Don't like it? Plenty of other careers where you will be happy.

It is NOT unreasonable for employees to have an expectation of a fair and attainable incentive.

So we didnt get the bonus money AGAIN! Big deal. With the way things are going and the "new" incentive Triple Play, I havent heard too many people expecting to get any more bonus money. If it makes Tempe feel good to have a program in place, let them entertain themselves and give each other a high five for another stupendous employee incentive promo, but it isnt playing well out in the field. Is this strike one, two or three? :blink:

Oh, the irony.

All you union folks that are so strict on contracts and if its not in the contract, you ain't doing it.

A contract is an agreement between two parties, last time I checked there were no negotiations between AFA, ALPA, CWA, IAM nor the TWU and the company and there was no signed LOA to any of the respective CBAs in regard to a holiday bonus.

And the company is just as strick.

Guess you cant understand the company agreed to what is in the CBAs and have to abide by it.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

Oh, the irony.

And you whine like 9 year old girls.

Entitlement cultures don't cut it, not these days.

Don't like it? Plenty of other careers where you will be happy.

Funny thing seems that union contracts could still have a say on those who are retired we have careers and will fight to keep them anyway we can.

All those in favor of cutting out medical and retirement flying benefits for retired folks over at HP when our contracts are to be renewed ....ah say I......

Dont want to see this happen but if retired folks dont support the guys and gals still working to get back pay and benefits ripped off by greedy execs the retired might find there comments might come back to bite them

roadtrip

agree with you last post but remember. 99% of our retirees are great people that served our company and kept it around for us
to even have a job. it's unfortunate that people like HPearlyretiree put a black eye on all the retirees , He is just one person
so NO I would not want to take anything away from those folks.

sidenote: don't understand folks like him that leave this God forsaken industry for greener pastures. But continue to lurk around
these message boards. either 1 he doesn't have a life or 2 regrets leaving this gloom and doom job.

I promise you the day I leave .. YOU will never hear of me again.