US IAM Fleet Service topic 2/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I personaly am pretty happy with most of the people. But I hear there are several positions that the people in there right now dont want to run again. So I think we need to have people to step up and keep those positions in the fleet service dept. I dont want to lose any ground in our local to the mechanics. Nothing against them, its just that fleet is by far the majority now as far as members go.

What positions does fleet hold at the moment? I know FC is Veep and I know who the trustees are but who is on the E-board?

Understood... Fleet certainly has tha numbers...but... do we have tha expertise?
Roa, I think most of the expertise comes from the Pres and two secretaries, and I have to say, I think they do a great job, and no way would I ever want to do either one of those jobs. But as far as trustees and the others, Im not to worried about their experience, as long as we have some good people get in there thats willing to learn.

If you work D-Con you do need a customs seal, I worked International in Utility for years. Go ask a customs officer and they will tell you.

700 you are correct . what Harry is referring to is WHY does EVERYONE in the station need one.
Customs only cares if your working international flts. they don't care how many in station have them
just as long as the ones working the flts have them. Management hide behind the mandate that
US customs demanded EVERYONE in clt have them which was completely false

O-man is in the house but he is about 4 pages behind. Read fast "O" we need you in the conversation

What positions does fleet hold at the moment? I know FC is Veep and I know who the trustees are but who is on the E-board?
Joe, the E-board consist of Pres, Vice Pres, Secretary and Recording Secretary, the Conductinal Sit. and 3 trustees, that makes 8 total, and I think thats it. We curently have all of the positions in fleet except the Pres and 2 Secretary posistions. But like I have said, I hear many of our positions are not running next time.

where does RR stand with all this . maybe looking at VP . ?????

just a question . don't shoot the questioner :D

I heard the recording secretary got some safety position over at the hanger.
Joe, I think thats a district safety job he got, but not sure. And Oman, I agree, there are some good guys over in catering that would be great for any of the positions. As well as some shopstewarts that I know on the ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.