US IAM Fleet Service topic 2/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wats up with this union clause or whatever it is they have at mainline that does not allow xpress to work aircraft with more then 50 seats. At express PDT to be specific we used to work the E170-175 the one that has US EXPRESS painted on it an except for the bin size they were a fun change from the regular erj, sabs and dash8.

Anything 72 seats or more is mainline passenger service work. It doesn't matter if the A/C has "Express" painted on it. It is mainline contract protected work. So if the company keeps purchasing bigger express jets, basically, express loses the work to mainline. Cannot speak for fleet contract interp.

that suks they were fun while it lasted so this means none of our work is secured they couls drop it to a 50 seat or more and there goes the crj erj.

Anything 72 seats or more is mainline passenger service work. It doesn't matter if the A/C has "Express" painted on it. It is mainline contract protected work. So if the company keeps purchasing bigger express jets, basically, express loses the work to mainline. Cannot speak for fleet contract interp.
Just the opposite if it says express it can be contracted out in the passenger service contact. That is why the pilots seat scope is the driving source 92 86seat a/c can be flown by express

There is NO SEAT LIMMITATIONS on aircraft seats in the passenger service contract

The company may operate up to 2 daily mainline flights and express the station and contract out the work. Moreover work that may be performed by contractors includes
If a new city is open up the company can operate 4 departures with contractors, 4 months of seasonal mainline jets can be contracted out. Charters can be contracted out.

Does anyone know the reasoning why everyone in Clt has to have the vests even just to walk to admin ?

Seems to me US is just paying people to come up with non sense :angry:
The vest wearing is driven by the local airports. US only has it madated that a vest must be worn during the arrivial and departure of a plane at your gate - no other time.

Does anyone know the reasoning why everyone in Clt has to have the vests even just to walk to admin ?

that is local management paying lip service to the Sand Castle

My guess would be, that maybe mngmt is thinking since everyone is going to have a vest, including abr runners, that now they can help park planes, and get blamed for planes not being parked, so to all abr runners the solution is dont be on the gate before arrival, another great decision by our local mngmt team in clt. Now abr runners will probably be late for every flt. Or just park a couple of gates down and wait for it to be parked. As much as the local mngmt is writing everyone they can up for the smallest infractions, then why put yourself at risk?

My guess would be, that maybe mngmt is thinking since everyone is going to have a vest, including abr runners, that now they can help park planes, and get blamed for planes not being parked, so to all abr runners the solution is dont be on the gate before arrival, another great decision by our local mngmt team in clt. Now abr runners will probably be late for every flt. Or just park a couple of gates down and wait for it to be parked. As much as the local mngmt is writing everyone they can up for the smallest infractions, then why put yourself at risk?

Another beyond stupid decision by Clt management.

Isn't the CLT station manager a blonde................................................................
.............?

Terri Pope is a blond, dont know if she is a bottle blond or a real one.

Status
Not open for further replies.