IAM Fleet Service topic 2/1- (MERGED TOPICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question for all you west guys that voted for the last TA. Does it really matter how much of a raise you guys are getting, if you only get it for 6months and then lose your job? At least you had job protection before this last TA, because you were still working under your TWU contract. And like I have said before, without job protection, it dosent matter how much money they dangle in front of you, because they know your not going to be getting it anyway.

Hey CB , i for one am already at peace with my vote on the TA even with the loss of TWU job scope ... anyone remember CMH ?

Either way the reason i'm at peace is because i'm quite confident that we will ALL be getting furlouged if you know what i mean ....(as in forever )

i for one am already at peace with my vote on the TA even with the loss of TWU job scope
Either way the reason i'm at peace is because i'm quite confident that we will ALL be getting furlouged if you know what i mean ....(as in forever )

What a sad person you must be.............You placed
people in a bad situation and boast that your at peace.
Just a sad remark from a sad individual.

To all others I'm hearing that reductions will start as early
as March 31st. The reductions may total around 172 and the
breakdown may be as follows:
MIA...........5 JOBS
PIT...........49 JOBS
CMH.........9 JOBS

Which totals 63 jobs lost from the East the remainder will come
out of the West, thats 109 jobs lost in the West.
Stations that may be affected are, LAS-OAK-SJC-SLC-TUS-AUS-
LAX.
Also major downsizing may begin in PHX as early as August 1st. I
hope the raise for 7 months was worth it. You voted out your
protection. I know some of the people are realizing this now but
with posters' on this site like ''freedom'', your not being heard.
I wish you all the luck with the exception of some who knew what
lied ahead and after the TA was approved now boast ''they knew it
would happen'
' and thier at ''peace with it.''

I believe ''freedoms'' association with the fleet may be one
from the managerial side with the hopes of breaking this union.
All his posts and suggestion sound like thier coming from the other
side of the desk.

We shall see............

Some of you guys may be missing the point in some of the layoffs here.
While yes most are in the west it very well could be an effect of the fact that the West pilots still have a contract that cost more in the long term than there east counterparts.
The flying lines are prob fewer for the west than they are for the east.
Its simple math the east pilot contract is cheaper to operate than the west.
Yes I know ther are east flights going west but most do not.
So keep that in mind, as long as there is no joint pilot contract the west will keep getting hit.
One thing we need to hope for too is that Obama and his croines dont take us deeper into ression than we already are. So far Im not impressed.

One thing we need to hope for too is that Obama and his croines dont take us deeper into ression than we already are. So far Im not impressed.
YEP! We need 4 more years of Bush
I thought that the reason we merge was for synergies of a combine work force

YEP! We need 4 more years of Bush
I thought that the reason we merge was for synergies of a combine work force

That was one of the reasons. The pilots dont have a joined contract and the east pilots make much less than the west, plus the work rules are also different.
From what I understand they are also no closer than they were when we merged almost 5 years ago.
As far as your other coment no we dont need more of Bush what we need is real leadership
More goverment spending is not an answer, just ask the people in Japan. When they tried that years ago they nearly collapsed there entire economy.
The problem we face is the same guys have been in congress for way too long we need new faces and new ideas. Much like what we have seen in our new leaders in the union.
Obama got one thing right we need change just not the kind were seeing now, which by the way is not change,
but real change in DC.

{so on and so forth }

side of the desk.

We shall see............

:mellow:

As far as your other coment no we dont need more of Bush what we need is real leadership
More goverment spending is not an answer, just ask the people in Japan. When they tried that years ago they nearly collapsed there entire economy.
The problem we face is the same guys have been in congress for way too long we need new faces and new ideas. Much like what we have seen in our new leaders in the union.
Obama got one thing right we need change just not the kind were seeing now, which by the way is not change,
but real change in DC.

Fuzz,
remember that Obama didn't create this recession but now seems to be blamed for it. The man has been

in office for less than 30 days and seems to be the source of all that is wrong with this country . But remember

it was Bush who handed over all that money to banks with NO accountability to the banks on how they spent

or horde the money.

as for Japan it was because they didn't do any kind of stimulas that almost put them in a permanent recession

they just sat back and did nothing until it was to late.

To all others I'm hearing that reductions will start as early
as March 31st. The reductions may total around 172 and the
breakdown may be as follows:
MIA...........5 JOBS
PIT...........49 JOBS
CMH.........9 JOBS

Which totals 63 jobs lost from the East the remainder will come
out of the West, thats 109 jobs lost in the West.
Stations that may be affected are, LAS-OAK-SJC-SLC-TUS-AUS-
LAX.
Also major downsizing may begin in PHX as early as August 1st. I
hope the raise for 7 months was worth it. You voted out your
protection. I know some of the people are realizing this now but
with posters' on this site like ''freedom'', your not being heard.
I wish you all the luck with the exception of some who knew what
lied ahead and after the TA was approved now boast ''they knew it
would happen'
' and thier at ''peace with it.''

side of the desk.

We shall see............

Perseverance

Where to begin …

{sigh } I’m a baggage handler like yourself …been one for a long time … Not only do I like the job , but I consider myself extremely lucky to have ever stumbled upon this it .. I never got a college education , it’s doubtful I could have completed college at any rate, my math skills are so poor … I’m a simple man , been living this life we all go through …. I won’t lie , it’s been hard out here in Arizona , people always looked down on me if I told them my profession , stereotyped me etc (Snottsdale) .. so I’ve always had a chip on my shoulder , people with their college degrees thinking their better than I … Being poor was never a fun thing either … that’s one of the reasons I fought so hard for this new contract … perhaps you’ve forgotten what the TWU pay scale was , but those of us who worked under it will never forget …. When the price of gas began to rise last year, life just became crushing , having to drive into work everyday paying 3.00 a gallon and that was a lot when we were making what we were … There were numerous reasons that I fought as hard as I did for the yes position …. Mostly it was for my own self interest , I had envisioned a new life balling …. LOL … it’s true what they say about the more you make the more you spend because I’m back to being poor again .. I never entered into the 401K program that was offered to a lot of our rampers back in the day . people used to be very concerned about my future always trying to talk me into it …. At the time that was sound advice but I was too wrapped up in the moment …. Now I feel for my fellow peoples seeing their 401ks decimated …

When we had our discussions about the future and waiting for DEC 31st 2009 I used to mock those on the east side who wanted to wait …claiming things would be bad economically at that time ETC … that line of attack wasn’t really high on my list of reasons why I wanted the new contract althou I was vaguely aware that there was a problem with the US economy , but I don’t think I ever really thought it would be THIS bad …

Now when I say I’m at peace with the decision I made in voting yes , with all of the different stings attached it’s true …. I’ll never forget this one post that jester wrote on here when he was being cynical about our future .. He said something like “well at least with the new pay scale it will help our unemployment benefits because they go on the last six months of your pay level in determining benefits “

Some people see the glass as half full , others as half empty … I see the glass shattered with all of the water on the table … did I ever tell you how I started reading the wall street journal ? As you all know we have a lot of free time , and a cheap thing to do is scour the planes or waiting areas for left behind papers .. That’s how I got hooked on it , so just about everyday for the last oh maybe year ? I’ve been reading it daily …. When I was poor I never had an interest in the economy or money …. But one day it became important to me , maybe it was the whispers in the dark corners of the internet talking about economic troubles ahead , but whatever it was , I started paying attention ….and I’ve been paying more and more attention everyday now for along time …. What you see on your local news channel where they explain what’s going on is now kids stuff to me …

When our company decided on XYZ percentage of job cuts for this new year , aka 6% they made that determination last year under a different economic forecast for this year …. But now this year has arrived , and by all accounts predictions that were made last year in all areas of the economy are now believe to be too optimistic … I know some of you think that this 6% could just be the start , and I feel that way as well … PHX and Arizona in general is getting hit hard by this downturn … job fairs are like rock concert entrance lines with long long lines … our state budget is in the red and I think our state is going to just go down the tubes … as that happens less people are going to fly in and out of PHX , much like LAS where people are no longer flying in to gamble away money they no longer have ..

So when you tell us that we’re going to see more job cuts …. Well we know that …. And this isn’t happening because we voted yes on the contract , but because the economy it’s self is contracting ….

Some of you think I’m anti union or that I’m a sell out … I’m not … I’m really , really really glad that I’m in a union …. If I do get laid off I’ll get a severance package and it has to go by seniority … with my skills , if I wasn’t here I’d be some guy at a convince store or some other low level position , and without a union , when they let you go , it’s just goodbye and you don’t get squat .. Being a union member also protects me from discrimination which is an ugly thing . Having seen other workers fearful of their supervisors because their desperate to keep their jobs , I’m glad I’m not in that boat …. ( here’s a scary scenario for you …. You’re a chick and your boss want’s to sleep with you , how do you say no and still keep your job ? ) So no , I’m not out to break the union , I pay my dues just like the rest of us …

I do like our company , I think we’ve got good management and I also believe that they’ve bent over backwards to keep people employed lately … but even with everything that’s been done to cut costs and reduce the head count I know it won’t be enough . I remember when I was once scared that our company might go under that I advocated the company cut everyone’s wages , I was all like RAH RAH go company go ! … but today , I’ve come to the conclusion that with our airline being the smallest out of them all , we’re most likely going to go away … and I think it’s inevitable so you won’t hear me calling for wage reductions or anything else …

I’m just going to sit here quietly until my ticket is up .

Fuzz,
remember that Obama didn't create this recession but now seems to be blamed for it. The man has been

in office for less than 30 days and seems to be the source of all that is wrong with this country . But remember

it was Bush who handed over all that money to banks with NO accountability to the banks on how they spent

or horde the money.

as for Japan it was because they didn't do any kind of stimulas that almost put them in a permanent recession

they just sat back and did nothing until it was to late.

Well correct me if Im wrong here but I believe that money that went to the banks had to be approved by congress. Which I think is controlled by the Dems.
So I would have to say there is a lot of blame there to go around.
As I said we need real change not the same old song and dance from either party.

Greetings to my DL 141 brothers and sisters! I received my messenger today and was impressed! I enjoyed reading the 2 page spread of our agc's. I think big CUDO'S are in order for the US AIR agc's. I had no idea what a tremendous work load they endure. I know how busy the United agc's are and they only handle 3-5 cities each. When I read the US agc's each handle 10-15 cities, I was apalled! Let's hope in the next couple of years they can get more US agc's to lessen their workload. Anyway, just wanted to say CUDOS to them for their hard work and I truly wish them the best (and more help) in the future!

ez

Status
Not open for further replies.