US IAM Mech. labor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't speak for jfk, but do know for fact cmh was notified of closing :(
More bad news...LAS was being notified this morning that 17 tech spots were being slashed. The D.O.M. from PHX flew down to deliver the news personally. What a guy. :shock:

AHOY-throw out the life line! We never believe the "writting on the wall" and you never hear the shot that get's you right between the eye's. I guess there's a lot of mech's out ther sayin What the dickens happened? I've been there several times myself and preach that you gotta have a plan B now. When the paper work starts coming it's what? 5 days to decide your future and then another 5 days and your out the door or on the road. I'm assuming the posted reductions are true and if so it's the old-Hey it's been nice working with ya!

Nice. Lets hose the mechanics again. Everyone is short staffed as it is. Time for you boys to start parking planes by the book. Always by the book.

Management's matra... must beat mechanic must beat mechanic must beat mechanic.... must beat dead horse must beat dead horse must beat dead horse.

The only way they will get it is with parked airplanes and more irate customers.

In LAS they eliminated the Interior positions and laid off 7 more Techs. I didn't think there had to be any open positions at another station that you could just bump into any station that you're seniority held.

That's right seniority rules but keep in mind classification ex. lead or insp plus qualifications ex. a&p or gse also come into play. Read and reread the contract if your being abolished or bumped. Back in the day if you were being abolished you got 3 days off with pay to move, 10 days paid in a motel to house hunt etc. paid moving expenses, and a reality provision that the co. would arrange purchase of your existing home if you choose. If you were being bumped you got nil. Of course that's all gone now both the abolished bumper and bumpee get nil. But yes you are right, with that abolishment paper in hand you are free to go where your seniority will take you and same for the person that may get bumped. Perhaps I will reread my contact book tonight (stay current things are not as they use to be or as we like to remember) when the paper work is out there is no time. I may preach but this isn't the Gospel-read the contract.

In LAS they eliminated the Interior positions and laid off 7 more Techs. I didn't think there had to be any open positions at another station that you could just bump into any station that you're seniority held.
The junior people that can't hold the station ,can bump any station . You can check that on line by station and shift.

Now if the company has moved the jobs to another station Say PHX) . You may move with it. You could hold a job on day light in PHX if your job was moved there. Over a senior person. But next realignment you would be fair game to the senior person.

Here is another one. If the junior mechanic is senior to a lead mechanic / Inspector, as in basic mechanic time . Then they must vacate the station before you. If you are in LAS, talk to the old guy from Pitt. Rag's Sr. He knows the contract well. He was a steward for years in Pitt.

Job abolishment’s -

12 in CMH
9 in JFK.
LAS = 10 Interior Repairmen, 2 Lead Mechanics, 5 Mechanics.

Affected Employees will have till the 06 APR to notify the company of how they wish to exercise their seniority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts